Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unable to enter cemetary (SOLVED)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lotopius
Fledgling
Fledgling

Unable to enter cemetary (SOLVED) Empty
PostSubject: Unable to enter cemetary (SOLVED)   Unable to enter cemetary (SOLVED) EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:50 pm

Hi all,

I have this issue that I am unable to understand:

I've opened the kafka computer in hollywood with my tremere. I go see the contact, we talk. I go to the internet cafe, check swan's location, then proceed to the cemetary.
Problem is, I can't pick up the planks blocking the entryway.
No big deal, I try the magic recipe of exit and reload, I start again from before the computer... still nothing.
I try to change area, so I go in vesuvius, back to downtown, into the confession club and back again, each time with and withought a quit and reload attempt... nothing.

I check my console, and this is what I get:
Code:

NameError 'la_venturetower_1_patch' is not defined

Can't find factory for entity: vdisciplineprojectile
Null ENT in UTIL: vdisciplineprojectile

I tried modifing vdisciplineprojectile, but it returns a syntax error at the "o" of projectile.

The thing is, the planks act like static objects; they don't even highlight when I hover over them.
But I am able to pick up the metal barrel just next to them.

On a side note, from time to time some static objects get randomly exchanged with another. For example I end up with sofas or computer keyboards insted of door handles.

If someone could tell me how to solve it, or, at least, what the problem is i would be very gratefull.

I have VtMB with CE1.4 installed only, I just changed the female tremere and ventrue eye textures in the vampire/material folder.

Last edited by lotopius on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Unable to enter cemetary (SOLVED)   Unable to enter cemetary (SOLVED) EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 6:27 pm

The console messages you get there are normal. Better don't mess with the things mentioned there...
I don't know what happened to the planks on your system. Never got any problems with them. Sometimes when I try to grab things, the hand doesn't appear, but if I move a bit, suddenly I have them in the hand and can throw them away as usual.
Changing eye textures can't have any effect on the maps, so this can't be your problem.
Sorry I can't tell you anything else apart from trying it from different positions and angles. And move all items you can grab. They might be in the way.

The static items changing into some weird things is a well known random bug of the game. I think 8people posted a picture of kitchen sinks all over the Skyline haven somewhere here Cool

- geek
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Unable to enter cemetary (SOLVED)   Unable to enter cemetary (SOLVED) EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:43 pm

Yup, it's a bug caused by a hiccup when loading textures. As it's then stored in a cache the easiest way to get rid of it is save, quit, then load it up again.

The static boards however are a new one to me, think I've heard of a similar problem in the hospital but they found an alternative route.

Don't suppose noclip could help?
Back to top Go down
lotopius
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Unable to enter cemetary (SOLVED)   Unable to enter cemetary (SOLVED) EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:13 am

Thanks for answering so fast.

Yea, I eventually noclipped into the change area trigger. Kind of annoying, but nothing drastic.
I started a new game with another character and the planks behave normally. Seems like it was a one time bug.

I wasn't too concerned about it in the first place, but the undefined la_venturetower_patch and the fact that it wasn't solved by a quuit-reload kind of scared me; since it seemed to mean one of the patches wasn't loaded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unable to enter cemetary (SOLVED)   Unable to enter cemetary (SOLVED) Empty

Back to top Go down

Unable to enter cemetary (SOLVED)
Page 1 of 1