Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(Can't fix) Invincible Werewolf - Spoilers (duh)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

(Can't fix) Invincible Werewolf - Spoilers (duh) Empty
PostSubject: (Can't fix) Invincible Werewolf - Spoilers (duh)   (Can't fix) Invincible Werewolf - Spoilers (duh) EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 4:27 am

SPOILERS!!! (As if I have to say this in the beta test forum...)

After all that discussion, I was all primed and eager to at least get a few swings in on the Werewolf in Griffith Park. I even turned the damage floaters back on, so I could see how much damage I did.

And the answer is... none. Nada. Zilch. STR 4, Melee 5, and the Trama'Lama blade from Akeem (couldn't find it anywhere in the Hallowbrook) -- and the little damage floaters kept drifting up from his Kryptonian hide... 0... 0... 0...

Tried the SPAS15. Zero damage.

I tried 'Taste of Death' (Quietus 3), and this actually worked (somewhat), doing from 10 to 15 points of damage each strike -- Not sure why the damage varied. This made absolutely no impression on the Werewolf's health bar at the top of my screen. But even though this should have lowered his defenses somewhat, I was still doing no damage in Melee combat. Also, after spitting at him three times, for a total of 38 points of damage, the health bar was still totally full. Perhaps he regenerated too fast, I don't know.

So I finished him off the usual way, and proceeded to Santa Monica, where I saved my game and went back. Just before talking to Nines in Griffith Park, I maxed out everything, in an attempt to see just what would work.

Even with Strength, Melee and Blood Buff all at level 5, the Tal'mahe'ra blade still did zero (0) damage. My level 4 Quietus power, 'Baal's Caress' (poison blood on melee weapon) did not change this. Level 5 Quietus, 'Leech', did a whopping 1 point of damage. 'Taste of Death' still allegedly did damage, but his health bar didn't show any change. Either his health is unbelievably high, or he regenerates as quick as we used to do, before Blood Heal. Or both.

(As a side note, even after I killed him with the Observatory Telescope doors, the Damage bar was still up there... and full.)

Oh, BTW... the flamethrower did absolutely nothing to him. Except maybe kill a few of his fleas. There weren't even any zeros floating up. It's as if the flames didn't even exist for him. Good trick, that; wish he'd teach it to me.

Ultimate test... I put on God mode, and used Taste of Death and Leech for perhaps ten minutes, to see if I could make an impression in his health bar. Nothing. Either the damage floaters lie, or he regenerates too fast. Or maybe the health bar is what's broken.

I'll be honest; I was disappointed. I believe you really meant to give us a chance to kill him. But I think that whatever you did to make the werewolf 'killable' did not work. Not with Assamite Disciplines, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: (Can't fix) Invincible Werewolf - Spoilers (duh)   (Can't fix) Invincible Werewolf - Spoilers (duh) EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 6:06 am

The werewolf is killable. But only in one way ;-)

I don't remember anything, anywhere where the werewolf is killable with pure combat !
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: (Can't fix) Invincible Werewolf - Spoilers (duh)   (Can't fix) Invincible Werewolf - Spoilers (duh) EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 7:38 am

Claudia wrote:
The werewolf is killable. But only in one way ;-)

I don't remember anything, anywhere where the werewolf is killable with pure combat !

Zer0morph said he was going to make it killable by single combat in TFN

Also, that werewolf is incredibly overpowered if not even in god mode you can kill it
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: (Can't fix) Invincible Werewolf - Spoilers (duh)   (Can't fix) Invincible Werewolf - Spoilers (duh) EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 4:18 pm

Go wolfie, go! Um... And yeah... silent
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: (Can't fix) Invincible Werewolf - Spoilers (duh)   (Can't fix) Invincible Werewolf - Spoilers (duh) EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 6:24 pm

Feral wrote:
Go wolfie, go! Um... And yeah... silent

Oh hush... we know which side you're rooting for. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: (Can't fix) Invincible Werewolf - Spoilers (duh)   (Can't fix) Invincible Werewolf - Spoilers (duh) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 2:27 pm

My sincerest apologies on this post. I've spent countless hours trying to make the whole Werewolf killable thing "work". I should've never said anything before I knew I could do it. Without going into major detail, let's just say what I wanted to have happen just wouldn't happen. So, the werewolf (unfortunately) will not be killable and will be reverted back to vanilla for TFN.

Again I apologize. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: (Can't fix) Invincible Werewolf - Spoilers (duh)   (Can't fix) Invincible Werewolf - Spoilers (duh) EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 6:44 am

So we will jog with the wolwes again. No biggie. Go wol... um.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: (Can't fix) Invincible Werewolf - Spoilers (duh)   (Can't fix) Invincible Werewolf - Spoilers (duh) EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 12:09 pm

That's okay. You tried, which means a lot. I should've known that it would be too hard to change something like that, considering how hard-wired most of this game is. I'm sorry now for my initial enthusiasm -- you spent all of that time trying to accomplish something you knew would be well-received, to no effect. Sorry for the wasted time.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: (Can't fix) Invincible Werewolf - Spoilers (duh)   (Can't fix) Invincible Werewolf - Spoilers (duh) EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:52 pm

PGM1961 wrote:
That's okay. You tried, which means a lot. I should've known that it would be too hard to change something like that, considering how hard-wired most of this game is. I'm sorry now for my initial enthusiasm -- you spent all of that time trying to accomplish something you knew would be well-received, to no effect. Sorry for the wasted time.

You better apologize, it's ALL your fault!!! LOL

Naaa man it's cool, I appreciate the enthusiasm... I'm just sorry I couldn't deliver. I promise not to make a habit out of that. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Can't fix) Invincible Werewolf - Spoilers (duh)   (Can't fix) Invincible Werewolf - Spoilers (duh) Empty

Back to top Go down

(Can't fix) Invincible Werewolf - Spoilers (duh)
Page 1 of 1