Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any good vampire books???

Go down 
+5
Feral
Zer0Morph
Daris
PGM1961
FallenRaven
9 posters
AuthorMessage
FallenRaven
Ancillae
Ancillae
FallenRaven

Any good vampire books??? Empty
PostSubject: Any good vampire books???   Any good vampire books??? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 11:23 am

Any one who know of any good vampire books???
need some thing to read Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Any good vampire books???   Any good vampire books??? EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 3:47 pm

If you've ever read the original 'Dracula' by Bram Stoker, read 'The Dracula Tapes', by Fred Saberhagen. It tells the original tale, but from Dracula's viewpoint. No servant of evil, merely a proud -- and ruthless -- nobleman, who just happens to be a vampire. And really, was it his fault that Jonathan Harker's wife, Mina, was so hot? I think not.

There's a whole series, that takes the tale into the modern day, but read that one first and see if you like it.
Back to top Go down
FallenRaven
Ancillae
Ancillae
FallenRaven

PostSubject: Re: Any good vampire books???   Any good vampire books??? EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 4:53 pm

ty gonna see if i can find it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daris
Fledgling
Fledgling
Daris

PostSubject: Re: Any good vampire books???   Any good vampire books??? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:41 am

My favorite book that Vampires are involved in, happens to be Salem's Lot. I thoroughly enjoy how they are portrayed in it, probably because it matches a lot of my own views on the Undead.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Any good vampire books???   Any good vampire books??? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:50 pm

I own the original screen adaptation of Stephen King's Salems Lot, it's a really good (and creepy) movie. I also watched the remake starring Rob Lowe, and it was pretty good too actually.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Any good vampire books???   Any good vampire books??? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 10:24 am

Anyone mentioned Clanbooks? Or Clan Novels?
Back to top Go down
Ringo
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Any good vampire books???   Any good vampire books??? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 1:02 pm

I've read a few, but the only really worthwhile one were Bram Stoker's Dracula. Oh, and a couple of the Discworld novels portrays vampires as more than token monsters, and I like them.

There's this comic by Sergio Bleda called Vampire Dance that's good, but short. I've read a lot of praises for American Vampire by Scott Snyder and Stephen King. I'll probably buy volume 1 soon if my cashflow is steady. It's also a comic.

Read 2 clan novels. Probably ok if you're obsessed with oWod, otherwise not great litterature.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Any good vampire books???   Any good vampire books??? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 1:35 pm

The Malkavian clan novel wasn't bad, but it's not "a book". RPG books are no books either Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Any good vampire books???   Any good vampire books??? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 6:56 pm

Ringo wrote:
I've read a few, but the only really worthwhile one were Bram Stoker's Dracula. Oh, and a couple of the Discworld novels portrays vampires as more than token monsters, and I like them....
I agree, Stoker is good reading. And also I like the diskworld a lot. But IMO, the vampires are some of Pratchet's weaker characters. I prefer the witches, and the nightwatch and wizard stories.

AND OF COURSE NOBODY BEATS DEATH!

-Oook
Back to top Go down
GabrielvonRichter
Neonate
Neonate
GabrielvonRichter

PostSubject: Re: Any good vampire books???   Any good vampire books??? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:51 am

I'm partial to the Dark Ages Clan Novel series myself- read the whole thing through probably five or six times over all. The modern series, not so much- I prefer the anthologies that put it all in the proper order- I didn't like how they did the narrative of the Clan Novels originally. Too disjointed and hard to follow in my opinion.

Also, the fore-mentioned 'Salems Lot. The only Stephen King novel I really like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any good vampire books???   Any good vampire books??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any good vampire books???
Page 1 of 1