Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wahts the trick?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
guardian eyes
Fledgling
Fledgling

Wahts the trick? Empty
PostSubject: Wahts the trick?   Wahts the trick? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 5:39 pm

Downtown, trying to do fat larry's parking garage quest. How to you get into the vents? What's the trick? I climb the ladder and can't manuver myself into the vents. I can't move straight from the ladder to the vent. If I try to jump from the ladder there isn't quite enough headroom and i bounce off the ceiling. Is this one of those twitchy, controller finesse moves that you have to time just right. i can waste all the thugs in the garage but I really wanted to try a more finesse based approach.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Wahts the trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wahts the trick?   Wahts the trick? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi,
welcome to the community.

Yes that's exactly what it is: One of these bloody controler finesse moves Evil or Very Mad

- geek
Back to top Go down
guardian eyes
Fledgling
Fledgling

Wahts the trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wahts the trick?   Wahts the trick? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 6:33 pm

Figured. I occasionally have trouble with some of the other vents, though mostly its motion sickness from too much jumping. Ah well! I'm shooting my way thru the garage now. Wish me luck.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Wahts the trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wahts the trick?   Wahts the trick? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:07 pm

??? I don't claim to have superb hand-eye coordination, but I never had any problem getting into the vent, even my first play-through (I was looking for loot in the storeroom, not a shortcut). Crouch, jump up on the table. Still crouching, hit the jump & then forward key, & you go up into the vent. Just don't be right up against the wall when you jump, or you hit the edge of the vent and can't go up. If that happens, back up a wee bit & try again.
Back to top Go down
guardian eyes
Fledgling
Fledgling

Wahts the trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wahts the trick?   Wahts the trick? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 7:51 am

Yeah, I get most of the vents. Though my first play thru I had trouble in the 2cd floor medical center in santa monica. And I still need to have a bit of trouble in the quick vent in pisha's lair. But th parking garage Embarassed just can't ever seem to get into those vents. my closest attempts ussually have me bouncing off the ceiling and landing a good 10 feet from the ladder. I view it as my VTMB kryptonite. Ah, they're prolly dirty and smelly and full of rats anyway. C'est la vie.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Wahts the trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wahts the trick?   Wahts the trick? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:15 am

I think part of it is actually dependant on screen resolution. May sound daft but the co-ordination between movement as a proportion of the area and the area as a proportion of the screen can affect things.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Wahts the trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wahts the trick?   Wahts the trick? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:32 am

In the parking garage, here's how you climb into the vents:
- climb ladder by vent, all the way to the top
- look at vent, and press action (E) to open
- looking in direction of vent (and a little upwards), move towards vent
- DO NOT PRESS JUMP (spacebar)
- as you move, you should begin climbing into the vent automatically

Remember, if you look down, you will start climbing down, which is not what you want. Keep looking up as you climb into the vent.

As for the clinic, you get into that one just like the first vent in the parking garage... move up to it, and then back off a wee bit. Jump. and immediately hit the forward button, so you land on the vent grating (which is basically a ladder hanging down). Think of it like this... If you jump without backing off a little first, you hit the edge of the vent on the way up, which is why you're having trouble. This applies to the vent opening in the hospital basement, too (where Pisha is). All ladders/vents use the same principle. The only difference with vents is that they are ladders that don't go all the way to the floor. You have to jump up past the bottom, without bouncing off of it, before you can start climbing.

I can't explain it any better.

[left]
Back to top Go down
guardian eyes
Fledgling
Fledgling

Wahts the trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wahts the trick?   Wahts the trick? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 8:15 pm

PGM1961 wrote:
In the parking garage, here's how you climb into the vents:
- climb ladder by vent, all the way to the top
- look at vent, and press action (E) to open
- looking in direction of vent (and a little upwards), move towards vent
- DO NOT PRESS JUMP (spacebar)
- as you move, you should begin climbing into the vent automatically
[left]

D'oh. Now its so easy its pathetic. I was aiming too high when trying before. " looking in direction of vent (and a little upwards), move towards vent" was the issue. I was looking alot upwards. B'eh. I'm playing a Toreador, why would I want to crawl thru a vent. My stylish clothes will get dirty and besides, no one would see how fabulous I look. Cool
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Wahts the trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wahts the trick?   Wahts the trick? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 8:53 pm

Ah, but you probably don't want to get bullet holes in your clothing either... or have them covered in blood. Solution: Wear old clothes, (if you haven't thrown them out already), because seriously... those thugs in the parking lot won't know whether you're wearing last year's styles or not. Barbarians. Just make sure you change before you visit Elysium, or you'll never live it down.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Wahts the trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wahts the trick?   Wahts the trick? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:46 am

HAHA, you guys are funny. I must confess something though... I've never been able to use those vents either.. so I can't wait to get home tonight and try. I will sure make the parking garage easier not having to kill everyone. Hmm wait, but I enjoy killing everyone... hehe.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Wahts the trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wahts the trick?   Wahts the trick? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:30 am

Good thing I rarely play one of the pretty suckers. So I don't have to worry about getting my clothes dirty, or getting bullet holes into them. Laughing
On the other hand, if I'm cool enough about it, the bullet holes might even get fashionable Cool

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Wahts the trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wahts the trick?   Wahts the trick? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 1:01 pm

You're reply got me thinking, Malkav. Would it be cool if you could talk to the gang members on the 1st level and "Persuade" them to let you go down there peacfully, without anyone attacking you. From there, if you take the briefcase, then everyone turns on you and you have to fight your way OUT of the garage instead of IN.

Haha, I just thought of that, might be kind've fun. =)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Wahts the trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wahts the trick?   Wahts the trick? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 1:38 pm

It would be fun, but I can't see a reason why they would let ANYBODY in while the exchange takes place.
Another thought: Why does sneaking in and stealing the briefcase trigger the exchange? It should prevent the exchange and immediately set everybody against YOU.

What do you think about that?

- geek
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Wahts the trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wahts the trick?   Wahts the trick? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 3:43 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
It would be fun, but I can't see a reason why they would let ANYBODY in while the exchange takes place.
Another thought: Why does sneaking in and stealing the briefcase trigger the exchange? It should prevent the exchange and immediately set everybody against YOU.

What do you think about that?

- geek

Listening to the gang members talking, you find out that both sides are trying to cheat each other, by giving fake briefcases. So stealing the real one wouldn't stop that. Their mutual trickery merely gives you a window of opportunity, to sneak up and take it while they're focused on the exchange.

I always sneak in, to get the extra XP for getting in without a fight. But on the way out, I figure it's open season on gang scumbags, so I fight my way out. Besides... how am I going to sell their weapons unless I kill them?

On that topic... I remember having to fight my way back up through every level, once upon a time. Now, once you get through the bottom level, the other levels are clear. Who is responsible for this change? Wesp5? Cutting into my profits, that's what it is... (grumbles)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Wahts the trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wahts the trick?   Wahts the trick? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:15 pm

PGM1961 wrote:
...On that topic... I remember having to fight my way back up through every level, once upon a time. Now, once you get through the bottom level, the other levels are clear. Who is responsible for this change? Wesp5? Cutting into my profits, that's what it is... (grumbles)
I have noticed that, too. But I really don't know when and where it sneaked in. scratch

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Wahts the trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wahts the trick?   Wahts the trick? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:37 pm

Bah!!! Something else I need to fix I guess... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Wahts the trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wahts the trick?   Wahts the trick? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 12:39 am

I'll ask Wesp5 about it, on the Planet-Vampire forum. I'm pretty sure it's in the latest UP also.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Wahts the trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wahts the trick?   Wahts the trick? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 1:20 pm

I know for sure, in the latest UP there is nobody on the upper levels after the gangs started shooting it out for themselves.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wahts the trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wahts the trick?   Wahts the trick? Empty

Back to top Go down

Wahts the trick?
Page 1 of 1