Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reskinning PCs

Go down 
+6
Claudia
Zer0Morph
UncleCruncle
ShadowTek
Mokie
Childe of Malkav
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

Reskinning PCs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reskinning PCs   Reskinning PCs - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:07 am

buzzsaw wrote:
Is it okay to post questions and ask for help here? I've been tearing my hair out over Heather Poe for a couple days now.

I managed to rename her 3rd ("sexy") model so that her normal and "goth" models would all be the same. I figured it would make more options available because there are several really nice VV skins that would suit her, but while the model(s) are fine, the textures are still being redirected to VV's normal textures. As in, literally: npc/unique/downtown/vv

I corrected the .vmt files and it still happens. I converted one skin to tga and viewed it in PS and it's the same as the one I chose and renamed in the first place. I have no idea why it keeps redirecting to VV.

I really hoped that matching her skin tone would be the biggest problem. .___.

Changing the directory might work in some instances, but for this, you need to open the model in VpkTool(under the Models Tab), and change the directory it looks for files. This mod here does pretty much the same thing, I believe: http://www.moddb.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/addons/heather-reskin
Back to top Go down
buzzsaw
Ancillae
Ancillae
buzzsaw

PostSubject: Re: Reskinning PCs   Reskinning PCs - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 9:33 am

Maxus Corvin wrote:

Changing the directory might work in some instances, but for this, you need to open the model in VpkTool(under the Models Tab), and change the directory it looks for files. This mod here does pretty much the same thing, I believe: http://www.moddb.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/addons/heather-reskin

I didn't know/think about that (still learning!), but the paths seem to be correct. Everything directs to the Heather folder for textures. I DID notice that the "model names" were all the original Heather_3, no matter which of the three I was looking at. Could it be because I didn't use the VPKTool to change the names in the first place? Commiting the correct changes and saving didn't help, unfortunately.

I might have to scrap everything and do it over carefully. Not sure where I went wrong at this point. Thank you for the help!

( I've used a mod that implements that reskin, and I didn't care for it. VV's face and fangs with Heather's voice was super jarring and I didn't care for it. ^^; )
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Reskinning PCs   Reskinning PCs - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 11:21 am

buzzsaw wrote:
Maxus Corvin wrote:

I didn't know/think about that (still learning!), but the paths seem to be correct. Everything directs to the Heather folder for textures. I DID notice that the "model names" were all the original Heather_3, no matter which of the three I was looking at. Could it be because I didn't use the VPKTool to change the names in the first place? Commiting the correct changes and saving didn't help, unfortunately.

I might have to scrap everything and do it over carefully. Not sure where I went wrong at this point. Thank you for the help!

( I've used a mod that implements that reskin, and I didn't care for it. VV's face and fangs with Heather's voice was super jarring and I didn't care for it. ^^; )

Seems I didn't read your post carefully enough. You took her third outfit(i.e the blue shirt and panties), and used that model for each of her outfit changes. In that case, the model should only use two textures, one for the body, and a second for the head, just as her normal models do. You can make it so each model uses its own head texture(as her original only used a unique one for her 'Goth' look), as that only requires renaming the head textures, and changing the references in the Vpktool. As for the body texture, you'd just have to name the texture(something like Heather_normal, Heather_Goth, etc), and then replace 'Heather_3' with your new name. You just have to make sure the associated vmt file also refers to that same name.
Back to top Go down
buzzsaw
Ancillae
Ancillae
buzzsaw

PostSubject: Re: Reskinning PCs   Reskinning PCs - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:15 am

The stress must have gottten to me; my wording was pretty vague, heh. Thanks for taking the time to decipher it, I appreciate all the help.

I started over, keeping your directions in mind, and the game (my CE 1.5 install) has begun defaulting to her embedded texture/model (which means I messed up). I'm going to keep trying, though! Right now it's just a matter of reading the guides by Dheu and Childe of Malkav over again and double-checking everything I have renamed. I am pretty sure I will learn that I was neglecting to rename or copy something. I know now that:

• the new (body) textures weren't showing up because I had left the directory pointing to VV (embarrassing!)
  • I didn't assign separate head textures (even though that was part of my initial plan)
  • I didn't use the VPKTool to make and save changes

I hope we have all learned something here today.

Edit: Oh, Jesus. Disregard everything about it not working. It's not perfect yet, but the advice DID work, as I just realized that I pasted the new heather files in the wrong effing place. Gee, I wonder why nothing asked to overwrite? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by buzzsaw on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : plain old-fashioned boneheadedness.)
Back to top Go down
Diamano
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Reskinning PCs   Reskinning PCs - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 2:49 am

Hi there,
I had a question since I can't figure it out for myself.
I already changed al my models of my clan (gangrel is a ventrue-model,..)
And now I'm looking for the Ming-Xao model and the model of the female vampire-hunter. I found the map of the femal hunter but not a usefull txt. file wich I could copy and paste in the claneditor000.txt.
Has someone an idea how I could get the models of the female vampire-hunter and ming-xao to my claneditor000.txt?
Thanks anyway! Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Reskinning PCs   Reskinning PCs - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:30 am

Hi Diamano, welcome to the forum.

When you talk about Ming, I assume you want her human form, not that tentacle-wielding creeper... Or do you have such a taste? Twisted Evil
The model path for Ming (human) is:
/models/character/npc/unique/chinatown/ming_xiao/mingxiao.mdl

Path for the female hunter is:
/models/character/npc/unique/society_of_leopold/female_hunter/vampire_hunter_chick.mdl

You probably didn't find them, because usually they are not unpacked for the patch or the mods.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Diamano
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Reskinning PCs   Reskinning PCs - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:15 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Hi Diamano, welcome to the forum.

When you talk about Ming, I assume you want her human form, not that tentacle-wielding creeper... Or do you have such a taste? Twisted Evil
The model path for Ming (human) is:
/models/character/npc/unique/chinatown/ming_xiao/mingxiao.mdl

Path for the female hunter is:
/models/character/npc/unique/society_of_leopold/female_hunter/vampire_hunter_chick.mdl

You probably didn't find them, because usually they are not unpacked for the patch or the mods.

- geek

Wow, thanks man, thanks for the quick answer! cheers
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Reskinning PCs   Reskinning PCs - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 8:52 pm

Bump

The download is no longer avaiable, and I also wanted to ask (didnt read the topic, thought) how to make a different model for the character!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reskinning PCs   Reskinning PCs - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Reskinning PCs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2