Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disciplines in Elysium

Go down 
+7
Claudia
Nezumi
PGM1961
8people
Zer0Morph
ThePhilosopher
Childe of Malkav
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 6:11 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
So, ChazKafka in CE you don't get blood back for blood strike, but purge and bloodform are stronger and do work on supernaturals as well as on humans. Perhaps not so much on really strong enemies like Ming, but the weaker bosses are disabled for quite some time. Only disadvantage: you can't feed on puking humans.
Well, it makes more sense that CE doesn't provide blood back, since that was when blood was paid just for skills, not time. If Purge and Bloodform are stronger, and people are complaining, then perhaps their strengths should be returned to how they were? How I remember it in vanilla, there was a lot more strategy in how you play that 'porcelain canon.' Honestly, though, because Purge was so useless (in my opinion) in the vanilla when it really counted, the added strength might be good, but I can now see people's complaints about a tanking magic user. That is a contradiction, to me! xD Bloodform should be a buff, but not a means of invincibility.

Maybe my view of these 'classes' of sorts is a little more old school, I don't know, haha. I've been really getting into D&D these past few months, and people tend to complain about the magic users being all-powerful, but if a fighter class even nicks them - CRAP! They're gonna bleed out in minute or two.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:32 am

Well purge keeps up for a certain time, and bloodform can take a certain amount of damage, then it will fail. So you're not invincible, but you're not hopeless if you're forced toe to toe.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:39 am

"SILLY"?!? Mad
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:52 am

Well, coming Saturday, guess what Clan I'm gonna try out in CE! xD I'm going to try to see for myself the differences between vanilla and CE Tremere. Sounds... like I've been out of the loop for far too long! And Malkavian. Those two seem to have quite a bit of talk around them, yet I haven't played either for CE.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:55 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Man I can't wait to reveal the new weapons made just for TFN. Without giving anything away, let's just say it's going to once again change the strategy of this silly game.

Jad.3 wrote:
"SILLY"?!? Mad

(to the tune of 'Winnie the Pooh'...) "Willy nilly silly old game."

I beliefs it when I sees it, Zer0Morph. Unless you somehow managed to incorporate the 'BFG 9000' into Bloodlines, I remain skeptical. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 10:08 pm

LOL, you guys make me laugh big time!! Laughing

Chaz,

You're going to love CE Tremere with the new disciplines and clan weakness/merits... they are very sweet! Malks too, the new disciplines really add a new strategy on things. As far as the TFN weapons, well let's just I don't think you'll be disappointed with the changes.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 9:05 am

Well, I'm definitely lookin' forward to it. ;D But there is going to be a much slower pace than I anticipated when starting up a new character - I just got a into a new school-related program that I'm going to have to set aside a lot more time for. Still, I'll try to squeeze in as much playing time as I can. Wink I'm looking forward to playing a revamped version of my favorite Clan.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:38 pm

Congratulations on the new school man, what are you majoring in?

I would be lying if I said the CE (revamped) Tremere aren't anything but sweet. In fact, they may be my favorite clan to play in CE honestly. Of course it's stiff competition going up against the clans using the CE version of Animalism. CE's version of Thaumaturgy vs. Animalism... man now that's a tough choice, I love them both.
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:53 pm

This schooling's a bit atypical - not for specific subjects. It's a side thing.

Also, I did play as a Gangrel, and I had immense fun casting swarms of bugs at groups of unwitting humans causing mass chaos! Plus, the skills are just really good against supernaturals, and the different levels of the ability lends to various strategies in combat and questing. I typically stay away from brute fighter classes, but I became fascinated by the magical side of the Clan (also, it's nice to get tonnes of blood from rats; I've always lived off of rats, anyway, and I also used the background that made me sloppily spill the first pint of blood.)
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:58 pm

HAHA, I love that build!!

Yeah that sure sounds like a fun character to play! I generally stick with ranged mage types in most RPGs too yet it's strange that I always play a melee tank in MMOs, I can't explain it. Either way, a Gangrel or Nossie with level 5 Animalism is just so fun, but so is a level 5 Thaumaturgy Tremere. Awww hell man, play em all! Smile
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:17 am

I have Toreador, Ventrue, and Brujah to check of the list, still. I've mostly played Tremere, and then a Malkavian, and then with CE I've done Nosferatu and Gangrel. So, really, with CE I still have to play Tremere, Malkavian, Toreador, Ventrue, and Brujah. That's quite a laundry list!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:31 am

HAHA yeah it is!

You know what, I love the fact that while our European brothers and sisters are fast asleep, cozy in their beds, we Americans are still stalking the night looking for excitement and some trouble to get in to. Ahhh the timezone difference makes it all possible, lol.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:48 am

You presume we all sleep at the same time Laughing
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 2:54 am

Haha, well, I'm usually on when my European, UAE, and Aussie friends are on. But I'm gonna have to change my sleep schedule a little bit as I'm slowly being confronted with... life. xD
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:36 pm

I'm tellin' you guys, Life - Worst Game EVER!!! lol
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 1:37 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:

All you need is a few hacks, baby!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 3:56 pm

Philosopher, what do you mean with "hacks"?

Well you know you can find the axe in the ocean house hotel Twisted Evil

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 5:49 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

All you need is a few hacks, baby!

"hacks" are mostly illigal in EU. With the exceptoin of Prozac and those blue pills, of course Wink
Back to top Go down
FallenRaven
Ancillae
Ancillae
FallenRaven

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 6:30 pm

you meen gaming on a 1.2Ghz processor or only the red pill Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 9:41 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:

It's not a bad game... but sometimes you build the character thinking certain stats and skills will be important, and then the game changes, and you're stuck with the original character build. Wish I could cash in some of those unnecessary skills, take the XP, and buy a few new skills and backgrounds.

Neutral
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:03 am

LOL, you guys are halarious!!!

I'll take the RED Pill and the XP!
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:30 am

PGM1961 wrote:
It's not a bad game... but sometimes you build the character thinking certain stats and skills will be important, and then the game changes, and you're stuck with the original character build. Wish I could cash in some of those unnecessary skills, take the XP, and buy a few new skills and backgrounds.

Yep, I know that sort of thing. I also did it with my D&D character not too long ago. o.o But sometimes you roll a 1, too. xD
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:14 pm

To be fair that could also be poor DMing Wink You fit the campaign around the characters, not the other way round Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 2:21 pm

That's the trouble about real life. You don't get to talk to the DM much... (except perhaps after taking the red pills)

- geek
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 9:48 pm

What are you doing Dog. Of course i don't mean drugs, Dog. Silly Dog. Laughing i had to do it

Nah, i mean real life hacks, like NLP or NAC(don't try to youtube it, most of the content is trash)

now, there are other simple lifehacks that make life easier.
http://www.geekologie.com/2010/08/27/life-hacks-cut.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hy8RPTtBfrg/THw-E7ARkKI/AAAAAAAAAEM/5wFakQXP-Lw/s1600/Misc+Life+Hacks.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_EtcUknHHGUI/TJzp4kUNCuI/AAAAAAAAAEw/YBaCy8rBwW4/s1600/Life+hack+2.jpg

Just a few. every now and then there's a lifehack thread on /b/. Next one i'll grab the good ideas and show for you guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines in Elysium   Disciplines in Elysium - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Disciplines in Elysium
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next