Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

College vs. books

Go down 
+7
Nezumi
Zer0Morph
Daris
Feral
ThePhilosopher
PGM1961
Childe of Malkav
11 posters

College or Books?
more books, less college
College vs. books I_vote_lcap21%College vs. books I_vote_lcap
 21% [ 3 ]
leave it as it is
College vs. books I_vote_lcap0%College vs. books I_vote_lcap
 0% [ 0 ]
remove books, more college choices
College vs. books I_vote_lcap79%College vs. books I_vote_lcap
 79% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

College vs. books Empty
PostSubject: College vs. books   College vs. books EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:07 am

Hi everybody!

I'm currently thinking about possible changes for the email college. One of my thoughts is to completely remove the books, and instead make more college courses available, and also reduce the cost (money and blood). Perhaps even give the opportunity to do some parttime work for the college, thus further reducing the costs.
As I can see it, on the upside you have more flexibility how to distribute the ability increases gained by learning. And I have a few free item slots for additional quest items, or things you can find and sell to pay for the college, a new gun and ammo, or that nice leather armor you found in this boutique...
On the downside, your only choice for upgrading abilities, except for spending regular xp, is the college

What do you think of this. Please vote on the poll, and post any suggestions, comments you might have. The poll will be open until the end of february.

For the poll questions:
- more books doesn't mean a wider choice, only that I'll make them sellable again, so you can use the low and medium grade ones twice.
- more college would mean, enough choices to completely cover 4 abilities (that's the maximum amount you can get out of the books as handled in vanilla) plus about 10 to 15 additional xps worth. Plus I have some free items for additional quests, also with a few xp and perhaps a bit of money, or a magical reward.

Last edited by Childe of Malkav on Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

College vs. books Empty
PostSubject: Re: College vs. books   College vs. books EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 3:13 am

I hate to see the books go, but the idea of new items is attractive.

Besides... if I'm unhappy with the new system, I can use the console to give myself XP. lol!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

College vs. books Empty
PostSubject: Re: College vs. books   College vs. books EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 5:22 am

Hey PGM, you are a hypocrite. Rolling Eyes
Over on PV you state that you'd never use noclip for evading the werewolf. And here you admit, you'd use the console to cheat xp? No

- geek
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

College vs. books Empty
PostSubject: Re: College vs. books   College vs. books EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:04 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Over on PV you state that you'd never use noclip for evading the werewolf. And here you admit, you'd use the console to cheat xp? No

- geek

I wouldn't do it, but I can joke about it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

College vs. books Empty
PostSubject: Re: College vs. books   College vs. books EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 7:36 am

PGM1961 wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

- geek

Too late man, you revealed your true colors Neutral
I prefear college. Don't know why, though
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

College vs. books Empty
PostSubject: Re: College vs. books   College vs. books EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 10:29 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:
PGM1961 wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

- geek

Too late man, you revealed your true colors Neutral
I prefear college. Don't know why, though

But you haven't seen black veins of Diablerie in his colors, or have you, dear Elder? Because if you have, I'm afraid to think of the consequences... Laughing

Seriously, I'm for the college. New items and more versatility with allocating XP outweights loss of books in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

College vs. books Empty
PostSubject: Re: College vs. books   College vs. books EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:12 pm

Feral wrote:
...But you haven't seen black veins of Diablerie in his colors, or have you, dear Elder? Because if you have, I'm afraid to think of the consequences... Laughing
Well a bloodhunt on the forum could be fun, don't you think so? Twisted Evil

Seems I really got to get some effort into the college... study

- geek
Back to top Go down
Daris
Fledgling
Fledgling
Daris

College vs. books Empty
PostSubject: Re: College vs. books   College vs. books EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 7:09 pm

I think an expanded college would be fun, especially if it becomes more integrated into the gameplay aspect of the game instead of feeling like just an add-on. And with those quests relating to it, and all that fun stuff. As such, I cast my insignificant vote towards the College System.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

College vs. books Empty
PostSubject: Re: College vs. books   College vs. books EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:12 pm

Daris wrote:
I think an expanded college would be fun, especially if it becomes more integrated into the gameplay aspect of the game instead of feeling like just an add-on. And with those quests relating to it, and all that fun stuff. As such, I cast my insignificant vote towards the College System.

Nothing insignificant about it. Your vote is as valid as anyone else's.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

College vs. books Empty
PostSubject: Re: College vs. books   College vs. books EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:24 pm

You want to see insignificant, check out MY vote!! LOL
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

College vs. books Empty
PostSubject: Re: College vs. books   College vs. books EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 4:42 am

PGM1961 wrote:
Daris wrote:

Nothing insignificant about it. Your vote is as valid as anyone else's.

No it isn't. Daris doesn't want to be a vampire, so his vote doesn't count lol!

- geek

P.S.: Sorry, couldn't resist.
Back to top Go down
Nezumi
Elder
Elder
Nezumi

College vs. books Empty
PostSubject: Re: College vs. books   College vs. books EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 5:46 am

honestly I wonder if perhaps you should just redo how you get the books? I mean there are parts where certain characters boost your stats, perhaps they might give you a book instead? Or maybe a selection of certain level books for completing the quests from the college?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

College vs. books Empty
PostSubject: Re: College vs. books   College vs. books EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 7:49 am

Nezumi wrote:
... Or maybe a selection of certain level books for completing the quests from the college?

I don't really understand this suggestion, sorry.
But the problem with the books is that there are only twelve item slots for books. I can change the grade and the ability to be raised. But I can't do it ingame. So, no matter how I distribute the books, there will always be the same books for everybody. You can take them or leave them.
And this can really interfere with your intended character creation. For example: what would you do if you intend to build a really sneaky character, starting with say three dots in stealth and two in dodge. Then you know you'll have to throw away two of the books. Or you don't build the character you intended to do.
This is the main reason why I suggested getting rid of the books, and extending the college.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

College vs. books Empty
PostSubject: Re: College vs. books   College vs. books EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 10:48 am

Nezumi wrote:
honestly I wonder if perhaps you should just redo how you get the books? I mean there are parts where certain characters boost your stats, perhaps they might give you a book instead? Or maybe a selection of certain level books for completing the quests from the college?

Sorry Nezumi, I was a bit confused at this suggestion too.

Are you suggesting that maybe you buy the books online and they get delivered to you in the mail? I think that's a sweet idea except there are restrictions on how high (or low) you're intended stat must be to benefit from it. Because of this, the college (in my opinion) is the next logical choice for raising stats through money.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

College vs. books Empty
PostSubject: Re: College vs. books   College vs. books EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 1:01 pm

I'm all for the expandation of the college. Flexibility is always great to have, and I can only confirm Malkav's example; I always plan my characters so they can use the books in the game, but I don't like to do it. It's just that I feel bad about wasting XP if I don't. Laughing
And new quests would be friggin' awesome. Seriously. Just imagine what you can do with 12 free item slots... occult stuff, quest items, and whatnot... it's mouth-watering!
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

College vs. books Empty
PostSubject: Re: College vs. books   College vs. books EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:29 am

Eliza wrote:
it's mouth-watering!

I got that Pavlow's reaction, too Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nezumi
Elder
Elder
Nezumi

College vs. books Empty
PostSubject: Re: College vs. books   College vs. books EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 8:19 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Nezumi wrote:

Sorry Nezumi, I was a bit confused at this suggestion too.

Are you suggesting that maybe you buy the books online and they get delivered to you in the mail? I think that's a sweet idea except there are restrictions on how high (or low) you're intended stat must be to benefit from it. Because of this, the college (in my opinion) is the next logical choice for raising stats through money.

What I intended was I thought that upon completing a quest for the college, perhaps you could be offered a reward of a book? and since most people like to build their characters to an idea perhaps have a selection of books you could get for completing the quest. Like the first easy quest you could have a choice of the earliest books, those that are useless after 2 dots, that way you can choose what would be useful without having to toss what you didn't need...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

College vs. books Empty
PostSubject: Re: College vs. books   College vs. books EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 4:13 am

Time for voting is nearly up as I'm writing this. So it's decided, the books will go, and I have some additional work to do Cool At the moment it's 11 votes in vavor of the college, and only 3 for the books.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sykar
Neonate
Neonate

College vs. books Empty
PostSubject: Re: College vs. books   College vs. books EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 9:53 am

Well the college at least has a cost. Books are just freebies. Therefore I personally like the college more as well.

My vote would go for more college as well. I'd leave the book ingame though as trophis or just collectibles. Smile

Last edited by Sykar on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ringo
Neonate
Neonate

College vs. books Empty
PostSubject: Re: College vs. books   College vs. books EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 1:17 pm

I'm a power gamer, obsessed with getting the most Xp by the end of the game. I have to do and get everything. Books and similar bonii limits the way I can play the game , so this is good news.
Back to top Go down
UncleCruncle
Ancillae
Ancillae
UncleCruncle

College vs. books Empty
PostSubject: Re: College vs. books   College vs. books EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 1:52 pm

Although is too late to vote I am for 3rd option also, I have read somewhere around this forum that the game sets a limit to the amount of items so imagine no more books but more of something else replacing books which could be useful for eventually a new quest/a new type of weapon/new clothing adding more stats removing other stats.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

College vs. books Empty
PostSubject: Re: College vs. books   College vs. books EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 7:55 pm

Uncle,
new clothing or weapons wouldn't work. The only interchangeable items in the game are the powerups and the general items.

- geek
Back to top Go down
UncleCruncle
Ancillae
Ancillae
UncleCruncle

College vs. books Empty
PostSubject: Re: College vs. books   College vs. books EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 9:29 am

Ui, thanks for clearing that up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

College vs. books Empty
PostSubject: Re: College vs. books   College vs. books Empty

Back to top Go down

College vs. books
Page 1 of 1