Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's talk about the new music in TFN

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Let's talk about the new music in TFN Empty
PostSubject: Let's talk about the new music in TFN   Let's talk about the new music in TFN EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 6:59 pm

I wanted to move the music discussion over to this thread so that we don't pollute the "Contest" thread with our banter. Please post your music questions and statements in here.

8people wrote:
Will there be a music free option to download?

Zer0Morph wrote:
If I can script the installer to do so I wouldn't have a problem doing that... IF I can make it work. On top of that we would need maps that were unmodified for the music along with alternate python scripts as well for it to work.

Feral wrote:
ThePhilosopher wrote:

Cound someone tell me the software required to download audio from youtube videos?

Have you tried aTube Catcher? Simply google it.

Zer0Morph wrote:
atube? I've never heard of that but sounds very cool. There's also free websites you can download specific songs at, my favorite being MP3Skull.

As far as the music free option for people who just want to stick with the vanilla music but keep everything else for TFN. I thought about it and the best way to go about that is to make a seperate patch the modifies the maps and python files to restore everything pertaining to club music how it was for vanilla. I won't even have to package the original music in with the mod because by default Bloodlines already provides that.

Does that sound good 8people?

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
If I can script the installer to do so I wouldn't have a problem doing that... IF I can make it work. On top of that we would need maps that were unmodified for the music along with alternate python scripts as well for it to work.
If I understand this right, 8 asks if you can make a separate download version which only contains the licenced original music. And I fully understand her concerns. The major music labels have decided that they can make more money tracking downloads and sueing both, the up- and the downloaders, than with actually selling music.

For making different download files, I can see two ways of handling it:
- In the "vanliia music only" download, put a copy of the original soundfile at the places of every song in the rotation scheme.
or
- Set something like G.CustomMusic = 1 for the version with music changes right at the top of the Jack tutorial dialog where Wesp put things like G.PatchPlus, and G.ExtraLines. Then add a simple "if G.CustomMusic == 1" check in the python script handling the rotation, and direct the music path to the vanilla files in the "else" part. I haven't looked in the rotating music files since I started working on the DJs, so I can't be more precise here.

I would use the first suggestion anyway, even if it makes for a larger download file. But it's easier for you, and it allows at least experienced users to set up their own choice music in the rotating scheme.

- geek

8people wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
If I understand this right, 8 asks if you can make a separate download version which only contains the licenced original music. And I fully understand her concerns. The major music labels have decided that they can make more money tracking downloads and sueing both, the up- and the downloaders, than with actually selling music

University concerns as well. I get away with games and the modding scene because of my course and disabilities - but anything pirated gets me kicked out the uni.

Had enough fun proving my version of photoshop and acrobat were legal pirat

Zer0Morph wrote:
I understand the concerns 8people has and I will accomodate you and others in your position. I still think the best way to go about this is through a Vanilla Music Only Patch because most people who download it will be doing it simply because they don't like our choices in music, not because of copyright issues.

What this patch will do is replace the maps and python files affected by TFN's rotation system and simply put that aspect of it back to vanilla. Then all the player has to do is delete the new TFN licensed folder I will be putting in, both problems solved. I don't want to release 2 different TFN expansions both around 700MB+. I think file hosting sites and sites that carry our title for free, like Patches-Scrolls will appreciate not having to carry 2 different huge files for every release of TFN. Downloading the full version then downloading a 1MB patch will be much easier for folks.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com

Let's talk about the new music in TFN
Page 1 of 1