Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do I access my spells?

Go down 
+5
PGM1961
Childe of Malkav
Feral
Nezumi
Apocaloctopus
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Apocaloctopus
Fledgling
Fledgling

How do I access my spells?  Empty
PostSubject: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 5:01 am

I've just started up a Tremere, and I selected the second Domination ability (Forgetful Mind) as a starting power.
However, for some reason it does not show up as a selectable power through my mouse-scroll ability selecting. Any ideas on what I'm missing?

Should I be reporting this instead to the Bug forum?
Back to top Go down
Nezumi
Elder
Elder
Nezumi

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 5:42 am

This is a common one, it doesn't show on the mouse wheel for some reason, just use the quick keys to assign it to a number and use it that way.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 5:46 am

That's an old problem...
When you mod discipline powers they dissapear from the mous wheel selection.
Nobody knows why. Simplest thing is to bind them to numbers. You simply hit "k" on your keybord and you get a list. Then you select and bind e. g. Forgetful Mind - 1, Theft of Vite - 2, Bloodpurge - 3, etc. Whatever way suits you, of course. There are some posts on this topic, so you may use search button on the forum.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:14 am

Perhaps I should make a new loading screen background, stating this problem and the solution in 30 feet high fiery letters lol!

- geek
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:48 pm

As long as you're doing that, you might as well add "Don't use with any other mods!!"

On Planet Vampire, I see people posting stuff all the time saying stuff like, "Gee, I installed Camarilla Edition and Companion mod, and it's not working. What's wrong?" Maybe the ReadMe text, which plainly says 'don't mix mods', should be renamed 'READMEDAMMIT.txt'.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:29 pm

Perhaps we should make the background for the topics in "ask a question" and "bug reports" on every forum: READ THE BLOODY MANUAL! Laughing

Oops, now we did it again. Take the first post of some poor newblood and hijack it for making fun of their questions Embarassed

And you know as well as I do, you can call it what you want, nobody is going to read it. study Question No
Hm, perhaps sombody would read the manual if I called it "See some tits for free" scratch

- geek
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:57 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Perhaps we should make the background for the topics in "ask a question" and "bug reports" on every forum: READ THE BLOODY MANUAL! Laughing

Oops, now we did it again. Take the first post of some poor newblood and hijack it for making fun of their questions Embarassed

And you know as well as I do, you can call it what you want, nobody is going to read it. study Question No
Hm, perhaps sombody would read the manual if I called it "See some tits for free" scratch

- geek

I always read the manual. I'm a geek? Razz
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 7:10 pm

Could you make the ReadMe open while the mod is installing?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 7:32 pm

I don't know if I can do that. But what I can do is force the users to at least scroll through it and tell the installer that they have read and understood it. But I don't think either of this will help. Usually I go get a fresh pot of coffe or glass of juice while waiting for an installer to finish. And if I'm forced to read and acknowledge a licence agreement for an install, I only scroll through and look if there is something unusual in there. If it's a GNU licence I don't even do that as I know what this contains.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 9:56 pm

I apologize for hijacking your thread OP.

Ok hijack time....

What I did for CE 1.1 and 1.2 is I made it so that after the install process was done, it automatically opened up the game manual. Only problem was, if the user didn't have adobe acrobat or reader installed, it wouldn't work because it was a .pdf.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 6:58 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Perhaps I should make a new loading screen background, stating this problem and the solution in 30 feet high fiery letters lol!

- geek

Could you make the letters sparkle? It would be more Twilight-ish. Twisted Evil

No Bloodhunt, please... No
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 9:11 am

So if this sparkle-mod announced over at ModDB is ever to be released, you'll download it? Crying or Very sad

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:01 am

Remember when we were talking about doing a daytime/nighttime cycle for Bloodlines? When the sun rises, we could add a sparkle particle effect for the PC. Now THAT would be awesome, it would be SOOO Twilight-ish, which is what TRUE Die-Hard Vampire fans want.... Obviously!!

Oh, and EVERY PC model could be a different version of the Toreador model, that way regardless of clan, you're always beautiful!! Oh the skies the limit! Suspect
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 11:42 am

This thread just gave me my first major nosebleed in years Shocked
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 6:37 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Remember when we were talking about doing a daytime/nighttime cycle for Bloodlines? When the sun rises, we could add a sparkle particle effect for the PC. Now THAT would be awesome, it would be SOOO Twilight-ish, which is what TRUE Die-Hard Vampire fans want.... Obviously!!
Yes! Yes give me more Twilight affraid affraid affraid I want big fat sparklies everywhere Idea
Quote :
Oh, and EVERY PC model could be a different version of the Toreador model, that way regardless of clan, you're always beautiful!! Oh the skies the limit! Suspect
Woudn't still looking good be a horrible shock for Imalia? Laughing

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 6:54 pm

That's it! I'm disbanding TFN so I can start working on my new "Twilight" Bloodlines mod!! sunny
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:30 pm

affraid In the words of Private Hudson, from 'Aliens': "That wasn't funny, man!" affraid
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:00 pm

I wasn't kidding man... I'm dropping The Final Nights so I can create an all daylight Bloodlines mod where you're character sparkles and runs around like a faggot. Instead of buying weapons, you'll buy teddy bears and gift cards for your girlfriend, and you'll gain extra XP by crying at the drop of a hat. The main goal of the game is to try to get Bella to fall in love with you meanwhile your arch nemesis, the werewolf from griffin park, will stand with his arms crossed giving you dirty looks while he hits on Bella.

Other enemies will include Bella's father, other weaker vampires who explode like porcelain when you punch them, and of course other high school kids! It will be rated "G" and I'm going to remove all the swear words from the original game and insert words like crap, geez, and dangit!!
Dude this mod is GONNA ROCK!!! No

How do I access my spells?  2e17zar
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 1:13 am

I'm torn between Bishop II's big no, or the infamous...

GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:03 am

Maxus Corvin wrote:
I'm torn between Bishop II's big no, or the infamous...

GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!

LOL I used to have that sound clip play when I shut down my computer.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:07 am

Well, Zer0Morph... I guess if you're serious, you won't mind if I post this big news over on Planet Vampire, on the Camarilla Edition thread... or maybe some of the Twilight fan sites. I'm sure you'll get a lot of responses.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 5:24 am

Zer0, don't forget to remove the prostitutes from the streets. We can't have this kind of immoral stuff around. Embarassed
And the prince will of course have to be called Headmaster Lacroix study
What else? scratch Oh, yes, clean up the Santa Monica haven. Or move the character into Tawni's apartment from the start. Such a cutie can't live in a dump.

- geek

P.S. What was one of the Malk responses to VV asking how the character recognized her being Toreador: "I have no stomac, but I must vomit."
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 7:01 am

What could I say...

I sincerly apologize fro proposing the sparkles. I got mor Twilight-isms I could stomach. I will repent for mentioning it by whipping myself with overboild pasta...
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 7:03 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
So if this sparkle-mod announced over at ModDB is ever to be released, you'll download it? Crying or Very sad

- geek

Nooooo!!!!! affraid Who did it!? They will taste my claws! Twisted Evil

Sorry for posting twice in a row but I noticed Malkav's post a little too late... I had to respond... In force...
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:05 pm

PGM1961 wrote:
Well, Zer0Morph... I guess if you're serious, you won't mind if I post this big news over on Planet Vampire, on the Camarilla Edition thread... or maybe some of the Twilight fan sites. I'm sure you'll get a lot of responses.

Very Happy

That would be the funniest prank to play on the Vampire Community wouldn't it?!?! LMAO!!

...Headmaster LaCroix? HAHAHA!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I access my spells?    How do I access my spells?  Empty

Back to top Go down

How do I access my spells?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next