Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First resume after playing CE 1.45

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sykar
Neonate
Neonate

First resume after playing CE 1.45 Empty
PostSubject: First resume after playing CE 1.45   First resume after playing CE 1.45 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 7:51 am

So I am playing some days Bloodlines with this modification and wanted to share how Vampire:Bloodlines felt like to me after getting my Tremere to Chinatown.
I'll update this once in a while.

Good:
+ Blood timer even though not realistically but feels quite good and improved the feeling that you aren't just a human with a fancy mana bar but that you really are a vampire. Shame there is no day/night cycle in the game.

+ Blood doll system feels better now and not so massively repetetive. Also blood dolls actually doing something in the clubs also improved atmospere imho.

+ Last Round adding the flipper player and the blood doll and rearranging the Bruhja there. Generally less clones and more unique/different areas imprved atmosphere.

+ New Disciplines are pretty cool. Dementation does not feel like a slightly weaker Dominate ripoff anymore. Thaumaturgy improvedmuch with Theft of Vitae instead of Blood Salvo. Purge is a tad bit op now with the Eldritch Prodiy background since some vampires like Kanker can be locked down in puking and whacked away easily.

+ Few nice new quests which add a bit to believability like destroying the picture of the Nos for example, or destroying the entries from the asian vampire labtop.

+ College courses so you can finally spend your money on something useful

+ Removing books from vendors and making them unsellable

+ Getting some weapons like the Shin Guntso and from the asian vampire

+ Frenzy being a bigger factor now. Think the danger of frenzy should start a bit earlier maybe. So far only at 0 blood points did I really feel the big difference but it is relatively easy to prevent that. I think there should be a certain risk at slightly higher blood levels like 1-3 imho.

+ Tourette really giving you her weapon.

+ More sounds, added dialogues, passengers saying something when you bumpinto them, etc add up on atmosphere.

+ Persuading Jack to let you keep the pea shooter.

+ The recolouringof the Tremere armors are good. Especially the colours of the heavy clothing from Fat Larry looked atrocious in the vanilla version.

+ Brujah female model reworked looks better than the old one.

+ Tremere being able to use dominate in dialogues + Disadvantge being a noticable factor now => good.

Neutral:

* Increased ranged weapon damage. While in the beginning it is a bit harder I feel like the increased weapon damage makes the game a bit easier overall once you get some stamina and a good armor.

* Some weapons like the torch feel a bit uneccesary.

* Maybe use the old Brujah model for some wandering NPC. Wink

* Decadent Enchantress and Uncanny Awareness feel much stronger than any other available history. First one enables you to get 9 Seduction at start making seducing a walk in the park right at start until the end while the second one makes you close to unhittable until Hollywood.

Improvable:

- I don't get it why Theft of Vitae does not work on any Tzimiszce creaion. I am pretty sure Blood Strike and Salvo returned blood to me albeit not 100% sure right now. It forced me to drink through quite some Blood Packs down there and I got about every rat living there as well. Theft of Vitae would not nullify the need for some blood packs but would have held it to a reasonable level imho.

- Likewise Cauldron of Blood does close to no damage to the two bigger creations of Andrei but instantly kills the small ones. I can understand why it does not really work on the Gargoyle anymore albeit in vanilla it did dealt damage to him, but why it is so weak compared to Bloodstrike baffles me. Normal humans in the blast radius eat like 150 damage with the Tremere amulet and they being produced mostly of human parts eat like 20% only of that?
Yes I know Bloodstrike does about double damage to them. Doesn't really make sense either.
I know it was like that in the vanilla version too and even here it made no sense to me.
Imho the long CD is more than enough to restrict it combined with the 2 blood points cost, no need to cut the damage that drastically against them.
Same goes for some vampires like Kanker and Vick who receive relatively few damage from all my Thaumaturgy. Their susceptibility to Blood Purge makes them easy meat though once I found out it works on them but I'd prefer to really use most I got instead of just Blood Purge -> Whack away since everything else is close to useless.
I don't get it why minor bosses have such a big damage reduction against Thaumaturgy. If they had Fortitude I would not say anything but innate high damge resistance against Thaumaturgy? Why? Did they found out some secrets about Thaumaturgy and are prepared by rituals about my coming or what?
It's fine I do not kill them instantly with it that would be quite silly. But so few damage with an ability which has a drastic CD and relatively high blood cost feels a bit strange.

- Cauldron of Blood available only via Hotkeys. I don't get this since beside the name and the blood cost nothing really changed about it or did I miss something? Theft of Vitae works fine being selected wheeling through the abilities and was changed more drastically.

- I think Blood Strike needs a short CD. It doesn't have one and spamming it like a Uzi feels a bit silly. Yes I know it is like that in vanilla version too.

- Theft of Vitae uses the same animation as Blood Strike. Might it be possible to use the animation used for Blood Healing but the red streams come from the victim and they move in a horizontal line towards you?

- Far too much ammo for the Glock. 255 ammo while all other weapons are restricted to like 50-90 bullets? Is a bit strange imho. Should be about halved or so.

- I really liked the old Faelike history for female Toreador especially with all the drawbacks. Modelwise it fits perfectly for her as well.

Last edited by Sykar on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: First resume after playing CE 1.45   First resume after playing CE 1.45 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 9:29 am

Hi Sykar,
welcome to the wonderful world of the bloodsuckers Twisted Evil

I don't have the time for a complete response to your post right now. I'll come back to you later.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: First resume after playing CE 1.45   First resume after playing CE 1.45 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 5:29 am

Sykar wrote:
So I am playing some days Bloodlines with this modification and wanted to share how Vampire:Bloodlines felt like to me after getting my Tremere to Chinatown.
I'll update this once in a while.

Good:
+ Blood timer even though not realistically but feels quite good and improved the feeling that you aren't just a human with a fancy mana bar but that you really are a vampire. Shame there is no day/night cycle in the game.
We have had the discussion about bloodtimer the way it's implemented, and a day/night cycle quite a few times already. And general feeling is, a day/night cycle would be too interfering with a contionuous gameplay.

Quote :
+ Blood doll system feels better now and not so massively repetetive. Also blood dolls actually doing something in the clubs also improved atmospere imho.
That's exactly the reason why I did these changes. It seems, Troika had originally intended the dolls to behave like normal customers. At lesat for the Asylum blooddoll, it was all prepared, and then disabled.

Quote :
+ Last Round adding the flipper player and the blood doll and rearranging the Bruhja there. Generally less clones and more unique/different areas imprved atmosphere.
Credit where credit is due. The "pinball wizard" and most of the "twin removals" were done by Wesp for the unofficial patches on which this mod is built. The rearranging and the blooddoll here, as well as the other blooddolls otsides the clubs, were done by Zer0 for the 1.2 version. Before he started on TFN.

Quote :
+ New Disciplines are pretty cool. Dementation does not feel like a slightly weaker Dominate ripoff anymore. Thaumaturgy improvedmuch with Theft of Vitae instead of Blood Salvo. Purge is a tad bit op now with the Eldritch Prodiy background since some vampires like Kanker can be locked down in puking and whacked away easily.
Can't say much about the diciplines. They were also done for 1.2, and I only started as beta tester for that version.

Quote :
+ Few nice new quests which add a bit to believability like destroying the picture of the Nos for example, or destroying the entries from the asian vampire labtop.
You get the most out of it if you're a Nossie. Then you also get the sewer haven from Bertram.

Quote :
+ College courses so you can finally spend your money on something useful

+ Removing books from vendors and making them unsellable
That's exactly the reason I set up the college. And I made the books unsellable because the character gets too powerfull too fast anyway.

Quote :
+ Getting some weapons like the Shin Guntso and from the asian vampire
Also Wesps patch.

Quote :
+ Frenzy being a bigger factor now. Think the danger of frenzy should start a bit earlier maybe. So far only at 0 blood points did I really feel the big difference but it is relatively easy to prevent that. I think there should be a certain risk at slightly higher blood levels like 1-3 imho.
Never spent much thoughts on frenzy. Usually I don't get that hungry. So the only times I frenzied were when I got seriously whacked by Kanker or Bishop Vick.

Quote :
+ Tourette really giving you her weapon.

+ More sounds, added dialogues, passengers saying something when you bumpinto them, etc add up on atmosphere.

+ Persuading Jack to let you keep the pea shooter.

+ The recolouringof the Tremere armors are good. Especially the colours of the heavy clothing from Fat Larry looked atrocious in the vanilla version.

+ Brujah female model reworked looks better than the old one.

+ Tremere being able to use dominate in dialogues + Disadvantge being a noticable factor now => good.
Tourette giving the weapon, some of the sounds and dialogs, and Tremere dominate are Wesps work again. Most of the other things stuff from Zer0.

Neutral:

Quote :
* Increased ranged weapon damage. While in the beginning it is a bit harder I feel like the increased weapon damage makes the game a bit easier overall once you get some stamina and a good armor.

* Some weapons like the torch feel a bit uneccesary.
Never realy felt the difference...

Quote :
* Maybe use the old Brujah model for some wandering NPC. Wink
Impossible. It had to be overwritten for the new one.

Quote :
* Decadent Enchantress and Uncanny Awareness feel much stronger than any other available history. First one enables you to get 9 Seduction at start making seducing a walk in the park right at start until the end while the second one makes you close to unhittable until Hollywood.

Improvable:

- I don't get it why Theft of Vitae does not work on any Tzimiszce creaion. I am pretty sure Blood Strike and Salvo returned blood to me albeit not 100% sure right now. It forced me to drink through quite some Blood Packs down there and I got about every rat living there as well. Theft of Vitae would not nullify the need for some blood packs but would have held it to a reasonable level imho.

- Likewise Cauldron of Blood does close to no damage to the two bigger creations of Andrei but instantly kills the small ones. I can understand why it does not really work on the Gargoyle anymore albeit in vanilla it did dealt damage to him, but why it is so weak compared to Bloodstrike baffles me. Normal humans in the blast radius eat like 150 damage with the Tremere amulet and they being produced mostly of human parts eat like 20% only of that?
Yes I know Bloodstrike does about double damage to them. Doesn't really make sense either.
I know it was like that in the vanilla version too and even here it made no sense to me.
Imho the long CD is more than enough to restrict it combined with the 2 blood points cost, no need to cut the damage that drastically against them.
Same goes for some vampires like Kanker and Vick who receive relatively few damage from all my Thaumaturgy. Their susceptibility to Blood Purge makes them easy meat though once I found out it works on them but I'd prefer to really use most I got instead of just Blood Purge -> Whack away since everything else is close to useless.
I don't get it why minor bosses have such a big damage reduction against Thaumaturgy. If they had Fortitude I would not say anything but innate high damge resistance against Thaumaturgy? Why? Did they found out some secrets about Thaumaturgy and are prepared by rituals about my coming or what?
It's fine I do not kill them instantly with it that would be quite silly. But so few damage with an ability which has a drastic CD and relatively high blood cost feels a bit strange.

- Cauldron of Blood available only via Hotkeys. I don't get this since beside the name and the blood cost nothing really changed about it or did I miss something? Theft of Vitae works fine being selected wheeling through the abilities and was changed more drastically.

- I think Blood Strike needs a short CD. It doesn't have one and spamming it like a Uzi feels a bit silly. Yes I know it is like that in vanilla version too.

- Theft of Vitae uses the same animation as Blood Strike. Might it be possible to use the animation used for Blood Healing but the red streams come from the victim and they move in a horizontal line towards you?
Can't tell you a lot about changed histories and disciplines. That was done before I realy got involved with CE. And I never looked deeply into it.

Quote :
- Far too much ammo for the Glock. 255 ammo while all other weapons are restricted to like 50-90 bullets? Is a bit strange imho. Should be about halved or so.
Hmm, that depends on how you look at it. I've set it up so you can carry 15 ammo clips (including the one in your weapon) for the automatic and semi automatic weapons, and about 50 rounds for the single shooters like the pumpgun and the rifles.

Quote :
- I really liked the old Faelike history for female Toreador especially with all the drawbacks. Modelwise it fits perfectly for her as well.
Histories again...

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: First resume after playing CE 1.45   First resume after playing CE 1.45 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 2:28 pm

So I thought I could finnaly post something. As you know I'm two weeks late on playing due to beaing, well, intelectually challenged in regard of installation.

So far I finally got to Downtown. Real life keeps interrupting the testing, unfortunately Laughing

I haven't tested music, because I have no mp3 files.

@ Zer0: would you be terribly upset if I used files from TFN? Just asking.

Seduction system is awesome. I only used it in Santa Monica, but I must say it's realistic, cohesive system. Far more interesting than vanilla. One thing was a little off, i'm afraid. Blooddools stay seduced. I'm positively syre I fed from those in front of Asylium more than two times in a row without having to reseduce them.
Those in the club are OK. Despite Seduction 4 I got lucky only three times. Laughing

Lines you put for the character to choose from are great. Especially the one about jugulars... Laughing

One thing that really got me was that pedestrians react when you bump into them. They are alive finally. Very Happy
The most alive was the bum in front of the werehouse, when I approched hil with Shin Gunto and Celerity 4 lol!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: First resume after playing CE 1.45   First resume after playing CE 1.45 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 7:03 pm

Feral,
As yet I have only worked with the blooddolls inside the clubs. The ones outsides are CE dolls, created by Zer0 for v 1.2. They still stay seduced when you were successfull once.
And even for the ones in the clubs, the whole dialog was already there. You just never got a lot of it, because after one successfull attempt, it was all cut off.

The pedestrians reacting to bumping into them must be something Wesp did for UP 7.3. So it went into CE by updating to the new version of the patch.

For the music. If you don't have mp3 files, don't worry. From my own tests I do know that the system works. What I'm realy intersted in the music system is, if it's user friendly enough.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: First resume after playing CE 1.45   First resume after playing CE 1.45 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 11:43 pm

Feral wrote:
@ Zer0: would you be terribly upset if I used files from TFN? Just asking.

By all means my friend. Smile

I keep hearing about bumping into pedestrians and getting a reaction out of them. Wesp implemented that? Sounds awesome, I need to try that out!
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First resume after playing CE 1.45   First resume after playing CE 1.45 Empty

Back to top Go down

First resume after playing CE 1.45
Page 1 of 1