Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

El Bodegon

Go down 
+5
eye of the divine
simison
Sio
Duncan.Oliver
Claudia
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

El Bodegon - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 1:11 pm

Theodore can't help a wide smile as the mention of Kersten's lies by Miriel.
(Theodore) Straight to my face too, that bastard. He gives a quick glance at Rufus. Hm. Apologies.
He's not sincere about it, but he says it for safety's sake. He pays a certain attention to everything said, uncrossing his arms, still leaning against his desk.
(Theodore) Of course I knew he lied. And he knew and I knew. Obviously he doesn't want Gosuin to meddle in this shit, and for once, I agree. That and there is no such thing as an honest Tremere.

He watches Claudia go, attentive, curious, but eventually he drops the subject. The Tremere gave him a little disappointed and sad look as he stated it, but he ignored it. He gives a more careful look to William, not hiding he is observing him, and in particular his hands.
(Theodore) I'm not an idiot. Okay, maybe I am, but I can put two and two together, that old cod Vranken was obviously after something when she stuck her hands into my domain and my influences, and even when banned, she kept hassling. Things turned vicious once and obviously, I killed her.

He seems quite unaffected by it.
(Theodore) Anyway, I'm not half an idiot, she was always popping up in the same places. Once things calmed down enough, I started browsing those places and looking for whatever she was looking for (an occult magical item, what a surprise...). Then there's the funny part. Nosferatu, fucking everywhere.

He moves the hands to assert his words, even if it sounds like "suddenly, bananas, thousands of them". He stands and goes to the big printed map, indicating a spot in his domain. The place is not too far behind : http://goo.gl/maps/3XbzN (the street's name means "the salty dead-end").
(Theodore) This is where I sent her to meet her maker. Obviously, tonight you won't be able to make proper extented research. Those asshole shovelheads couldn't find the street or something, or maybe they were distracted: anyway their attack happened a little further south.

He shrugs about it, uncaring.
(Theodore) Whatver happens in the wine cellars stays in Nosferatu domain. That's the catch. That's where my own browsing led me.. ugh.. 130 years ago or so ? Either way, I suppose the Tremere have access to Vranken's logs, hm ?

He looks at William saying this ; he doesn't seem to think it possible the Gargoyle nor Claudia know, even if they are older.

Claudia takes a minute to ponder, observing Estela. She hears what is being said, obviously listening, she doesn't bother to step away from the others with Estela ; she doesn't care if they hear, or take part in the conversation, and maybe she wants others to participate. She takes back her own hand, seeing Estela didn't want it. Her body language is more expressive, she feels the distance and applies it as well. She mimics it somehow. She looks away, her lips moving even if she's not saying anything. She finally gives her friend back a look. She has hesitated long before speaking, dulled, in a low voice, even if a clanmate and Rufus can hear her out.

(Claudia) I don't want you to get anywhere near that despicable, awful scumbag monster that happens to be my sire. Regent Kersten will destroy you. Please trust me on this..

She quickly gives a look to Rufus, apologetic, then turns back to Estela. She shows rancor and bitterness in her voice.
(Claudia) He is a good Tremere. He will manipulate you, he will lead you to your doom, he will use you, and he will get rid of you once you won't meet his expectations.. or once he grows bored of you.
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 1:57 pm

"While I do not know the answer to his intentions, nor do I know exactly what he told you and the Prince, I do know that at least, yes, this is indeed a matter which is very sensitive to the amount of people who know about it, and I propose not expanding the current number beyond the walls of this room."
William listened to the Primogen's version of the events and frowns.
"Wine Cellars you say? How... French of them, I guess.... This does complicate matters, for said records are not directly within my grasps, and obtaining them is... troubling."

The Tremere repressed a sigh as he stroked his jaw while looking in thought.
"This road is placed deeply in the original city core, so I do believe we could either find the object there, or at least a clue towards the next stop of finding it. But you are right, considering the time we have left before sunrise, it wouldn't be wise to make an extended excursion and have sufficient time to seek day shelter. The Nosferatu matter is troubling however, possibly they already have the item or they could have been sitting on it for centuries and never really noticed."

Turning towards the rest of the room.
"Any of you happen to have a friendly Nossy in high places on speed-dial?"

His train of thoughts were interrupted by Claudia patronizing Estela in the background.
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 9:44 am

Rufus stays by Claudia's side throughout the conversation. Now that the others are here, it's obvious he feels that his part in this is complete, and allows his betters (though he may chafe at thinking of William as such) to determine their next course of action. His focus is intent on keeping Claudia comfortable and safe, even if merely by being present. As the conversation goes on, Rufus seem to grow slightly agitated over something, and after giving it a bit of thought, it would be obvious to anyone that the Gargoyle does not approve of the negative light in which Regent Kersten is being painted, but he keeps his fanged mouth shut. When Claudia pulls away to speak with Estela, he hovers near enough to her to be available in case he is needed, but his stony face visibly pales as she talks about Kersten. Again, though, the Gargoyle remains silent.
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 9:45 pm

Estela pointedly avoids looking directly at Claudia, though most of her attention is still on the Tremere and only a small part follows the other conversations going on. She doesn't seem to be happy with the distance between them despite being the one who created it by not taking the offered hand.
perception+empathy>4:
She listens silently when the Tremere finally talks, shifting her weight a little from one foot to the other in a nervous fashion and flinching visibly at the harshness in the spoken words. Her eyes occasionally flicker back to Claudia but mostly she seems to want to look at everything but her.
perception+alertness>4:
Just like the Tremere did before, Estela takes her time before she answers, her voice carrying her generally unhappy emotions of the moment. “I know you're just trying to look out for me, even if I'm being my stubborn self again.” She meets Claudia's gaze for a moment, smiling wryly. “And I am here just being an ungrateful twat all the time, trying to shove your advise, that I actually asked for, aside when you just want to help me out.” Again she looks away, but only for a second, for she turns her gaze back to the Tremere after a steadying albeit unnecessary breath. “Will you forgive this stupid, headstrong perra?” She lifts her arms a bit at her side, inviting Claudia to a hug if she chooses to accept Estela's apology. Aware of her friend's general shyness toward physical contact, she's actually trying to be considerate toward the Tremere with this gesture,
linguistics: Spanish:
ST:
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 3:05 pm

Miriel glances to Theo and Duncan in turn, smiling slyly in response to their positive feedback, smoke curling up from the lit end of her cigarette.

She draws from the cigarette slowly as Duncan talks to Theo about the group. When he mentions everyone knowing the gist, except for "a few details," Miri puffs smoke through her nose in a sigh, muttering dryly,
Yeh, I don't know nothin'. She offers him a playful wink if he glances her way. Otherwise, she listens well to what Theo has to say, only stopping to place her cigarette in her mouth to free her hands up. She mimics his Nosferatu Everywhere gesture for dramatic effect, taking up her cigarette in hand and listening to the rest of his details after.

William speaks next. When he asks if anyone just so happens to be able to call in a favor, Miriel nods, taking another hit from her cigarette,
Yeah, I'm wildly popular with Nossies. Let me get right on that. She taps the ash from her cigarette, wearing a blank expression. She certainly seems to understand the humor in his question.

She doesn't have much to add to the discussion, and so spends her time contemplating the enormity of Rufus, wincing curiously at it as she smokes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 6:30 pm

At one point, Rufus seems to feel someone watching him. The Gargoyle glances over at Miriel. His smoldering red eyes lock with hers for an incredibly long and awkward moment. And then he winks.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:16 pm

Duncan listens intently to Theodore as he recalls the details of Vranken's search years ago, and the ultimate outcome of her intrusion into his domain. As the elder Brujah mentions the timeline, over 130 years ago, Duncan frowns slightly. But he does not comment until after William asks his question, and Miriel gives her sarcastic reply. This exchange causes Duncan to smile.

Well, I have Carrion's number, and Pierre's, but this isn't really their field. They would have to check with others of their clan. I think Igor is the one you need to talk to; his hobby is all things magical. I'd be surprised if he didn't remember a thing or two about the original search, all of those years ago... if he was around then, of course. He might even have been one of the Nossies that Theo ran into. Duncan shoots a glance at Theo, and raises an interrogative eyebrow for confirmation,

During this exchange, the neonate Brujah eyes Claudia and Estela briefly, but he doesn't seem very interested in their conversation. He turns back to the others.

Auspex=2, Perception + Empathy > 4:

Anyway-- Yeah, there's not a lot of time tonight for a detailed search, especially if we're going down into the cellars. I don't know Bordeaux very well -- yet -- but I've done a little driving around town, and I doubt the buildings in that area are 130 years old. So I don't think what we're looking for is aboveground, although I could be wrong.

Duncan directs another question to Theo. Was there something else you wanted us to check tonight, in the time we have left? With a look to Miriel, he adds: Not that there's time to do a whole lot, but I have a few errands I could run. Others might have stuff to do, as well.

Duncan looks at the others in the group, with an inquisitive expression.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:58 pm

The Brujah Primogen listen to everyone's words on the subject, appreciating the drama Miriel adds to the Nosferatu everywhere, and notes the visible absence of Claudia and Estela ; he doesn't seem to care too much about it.
(Theodore) Wine Cellars. It's basically what keeps the city together. In other cities, it's the catacombs, or the sewers, undergrounds or even.. what is it, nuclear bomb shelters ? Here, it's wine. At least in old Bordeaux. I don't know what it looks like past the boulevards. But yes, those houses were not the ones I knew. At least in the surface. The fundations are certainly still the same, and that's the main reason why I got my hands on that one house she came out of..

After the boulevards, it's not officially Bordeaux anymore, but suburbs : le Bouscat, Talence, Mérignac, Pessac... http://goo.gl/maps/TyRiC ; http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a9/Bordeaux_Boulevards.png The boulevards are those streets called boulevard something, circling Bordeaux ; de facto, it's like a peripherical highway. Not as big as the Rocade (noted A630, A being for Autoroute which means highway), though, which is the actual periferical highway that leads to the main highways of France (the one leading East, North, South, to go to Toulouse and eventually Italy, the one to go to Paris, and the one going towards Spain or the ski stations. Obviously, everything between the boulevards and the Rocade are fairly new buildings.
Obviously the Brujah doesn't seem to like how Vranken stepped out of the house he's speaking about. There's something he's implying that she did not come out of the house normally.

(Theodore) I could give a call too, but the Nosferatu get very territorial when it comes down to their place. I didn't see Igor though ; he's about that old indeed. Look you gotta understand, I was scared ; sure I was younger, but I can recognize a threat when I see one. Igor couldn't scare a kid even if he tried. But yeah, he'd be surely interested, if he knew. If he was informed of this shit at the time, we'd have seen him jumping around with some new toy already. Igor is the number two reason I don't want the Nosferatu to be made aware of this shit. Poor kid doesn't need to be given hopes !

It's pretty obvious Igor's well-being is not his main concern. His number one reason would be to have a clan out of the way for this subject, after all, the information shouldn't be in Nosferatu hands, everyone would know about it. The integrity of his domain is what keeps the Brujah moving. He browses a pocket for a set of keys, and he checks them before taking one out and handling it to Duncan.
(Theodore) You can use that house as some HQ eventually, so feel free to take it. As for tonight.. Maybe you guys should check your sources, hm ?

He says so giving a look at William.
(Theodore) You know of Vranken's Childer ? They're the ones who probably got their hands on their research. I'd aim for Griffin, he basically inherited her interests, but.. what was her name.. Neyrinck. Stephanie, I think. I'm not sure if her own childer inherited her work. Unless Dominique kept some of it before he was half kicked out of town. Vranken's lineage is considered rotten. Hell, her own sire was rotten as hell too. I think Griffin's the only one to save from that tree. He gives a look at Rufus, and adds. No offense Rufus, but that clan you're serving has had rotten members. I won't take it against every one of the Tremere clan, it's not my style to judge based on such a label.

As he precises this, he gives a look at Claudia, then at William, accepting and even benevolant.
(Theodore) I think you could ask Griffin tonight in the few hours we still have. I think you met him already, Duncan, right ?

Claudia listens to her friend, but she soon loses hope. She observes her behavior, listening to her words, but doesn't accept the offered hug, shaking her head to deny.
(Claudia) It's not a game, Estela. It's a matter of survival.. I have nothing to forgive. I'm not angry at you, but hear me out. If you only accept mere pieces of advice and forget the whole picture, it's going to be worse than if you had no one to begin with. If you must.. Stay close to them here. She seems to indicate Miriel, Duncan and William. Coteries are the best way to learn and adapt.. Not some vampire who had you in their circle of influences, their pawns to move, their contacts to use. We'll get around to know each other once more.

She certainly means how she may have used Estela for her own kindred purposes. She gives a look at Theodore when he speaks about Griffin. She sinks into that conversation, thinking she and Estela have nothing else to share at that moment.
(Claudia) Sodalis Griffin's so scary... The Regent gave him a leave if I recall correctly. I won't be the one knocking at his club asking for his assistance, I still want to live another night. 

No doubt : she admires and fears her clanmate, maybe in an exagerated way, as if it was a gut feeling and not a rational judgment. That seems to amuse Theodore, who can't help a smile about Griffin being scary.

Last edited by Claudia on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:50 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edited and added another map)
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:32 am

William listens to Theodore's description of the house and the lower parts of Bordeaux after giving a a considering gaze to Duncan's inquiry.
"You saw her leave the house in person? Do you happen to remember if she was carrying anything, or looking out of the ordinary? Anything could help, maybe she limped, or looked burdened, something like that?"
At Theodore's explanation of Igor he nodded.
"Definitely we should try to avoid informing more people about this, especially those whom might have a lingering interest after hearing about it. The Artifact should be retrieved in silence and disabled or dismantled if it proves to be dangerous."

The neonate follows the keys the Primogen passes on to Duncan as he considers what he's heard so far. His eyes look up at the mention of Griffin and Stephanie, and how he explained his views on the Tremere to Rufus, he looked at the Gargoyle for a moment and interrupted.
"The Tremere is a complex entity, created out of individuals whom reflect on the group, like any group, we all have our flaws, and as it happens, flaws are usually more visible then more positive traits. And while I can agree that not all of our blood is... a saint... for every Rotten one, there no doubt is one whom is semi-dependable to a certain amount."

Walking up close to Theodore, William whispered in his ear at the softest audible tone he could manage.
"Also, don't speak ill of the Tremere in front of or to a gargoyle, they upset very easily on those matters. Creator thing and all..."

Straightening, he turned back towards the group.
"Anyhow! I was kind of hoping I wouldn't have to talk to Griffin. According to Ly- Regent Kersten, he has taken a leave of absence, and does not like to be disturbed. And if there is one thing I learned other then that blood related ingredients and amplification runes burst-explode when mixed, it's never to interrupt Tremere me-time if you value your intact hide."

As Claudia finished her business, and joined the group in their conversation and mentioned her views of Griffin, he raised his hands and shoulders in her direction and gave a comical 'See??!!'-face.
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 3:06 pm

Miriel watches Rufus for as long as it takes to get a reaction. Perhaps out of dare or defiance, she cranes her neck and tilts her head back to meet his red-eyed stare directly. Wincing still, smoke wafts from her delicately slacked jaw as they gaze at one another for that uncomfortably long moment. A surprised smile cracks over her formerly attentive expression to behold the Gargoyle's wink, smoke puffing out in a sudden, amused exhalation. Chuckling softly, she turns expectantly and tries to see if anyone else saw what happened. It doesn't appear so, so she resumes paying attention to the exchange, shooting one last glance and a smile over to Rufus, who still looms a bit away.

She catches Duncan's glance as he discusses timetables. She nods sagely to what he says, eyebrow cocked, tongue in cheek, as she thinks on their laundry list. He spares a second glance around for input, but she draws from her cigarette again instead.

She chuckles to hear Theo talk about Igor. Poor guy. He sounds like the type that gets so enthusiastic about events of a delicate nature that his zeal states he cannot be invited, lest all the work go to shit. She shakes her head amusedly at the thought, stubbing her cigarette out on the belt buckle that rests askew over her left hip.

William speaks, inquiring about the house. Duncan receives a key. William interrupts Theo as he addresses Rufus about clan Tremere to have some kind of speech, which makes Miri shift awkwardly as she stands. She rubs at the back of her neck as the neonate also approaches the Brujah to whisper into his ear, deciding suddenly to step a little bit away from the group.

They discuss how Griffin's stony visage barely conceals some kind of horrible, innate rage, and how visiting him on holiday with work might unleash the tempest. Miriel tilts her head one way, then the other in an effort to relief muscle tension in her neck as Claudia and William reaffirm to each other that Griffin is just too damn scary. She sighs and finally says something,
I'll do it. She glances around, nodding as if having decided something. Her eyes stop on William, to whom she speaks, wearing a half smirk, I'll just tell him I found you hyperventilating with your head between your knees about some homework Lyle needed you to do, and you need some study papers from him, but you've come down with the I'm-Terrified-of-Griffin sickness. No biggie. She shrugs, then offers a new thought, casually, Or ask Rufus nicely to visit, I'm sure he's had plenty of experience with how best to approach Griffin. She looks to the Gargoyle inquisitively, seeking an opinion.
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:42 pm

Rufus chuckles a bit at his silent exchange with the Toreador, shaking his head slightly.

Auspex 4:

The Gargoyle's attention shifts to the Brujah Primogen as he speaks, and Rufus' expression darkens considerably as Theodore speaks of the Tremere. He takes a single step toward Theo, then stops himself, but one does not require Auspex or Perception to see that the Gargoyle is struggling with his Beast at the moment. Through clenched teeth, Rufus speaks.

"No offense, Theo, but ALL Kindred can be rotten sometimes. Keep that in mind."

He seems to calm, and even be amused, when William whispers into the Brujah elder's ear, and relaxes. At the end of the conversation, the Gargoyle guffaws rather loudly.

"You are afraid of Griffin? Of all the..." He shakes his head, still chuckling. "So be it then. I shall speak to him for you. Is there anything else?"

He looks more to Claudia than anyone else at this point.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 7:19 am

When Theo states that he doesn't want the Nosferatu involved in the search for the artifact, Duncan nods and gives a brief acknowledgment.
No Nosferatu. Understood.

Duncan accepts the key from Theodore and pockets it, again with very few words. Thank you.

As the Brujah Primogen continues to speak his opinions of Vranken and her childer, the gargoyle's barely restrained anger causes the younger Brujah to frown, but he makes no move to intercede; obviously he feels that Theodore can protect himself if need be. However, he does make one single comment.

Elysium, Rufus... take care.

Between Claudia's and William's comments about Griffin, Miriel's sarcasm, and Rufus scoffing at their fears, Duncan shakes his head with a smile before answering Theodore's question.

I did meet Griffin the other night in Elysium. While I have a healthy respect for him after his little boxing match with Franz, I don't see the problem with going to visit him on his night off. I can speak with him as well, if needed. Being ignorant about Tremere customs gives me an excuse if he's on personal business. Besides; I can always mention that his Regent thinks this is a priority matter too.

Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 7:25 am

Almost as an afterthought, Duncan asks Theodore Jacob a question.

Oh, while we're between topics, how are Franz and Mike doing? You mentioned that they might need some help.
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Estela's jaw clenches a bit at Claudia's words. “Dammit, I know it's not a game alright. It's how I deal with shit that comes my way.” She slowly drops her hands down her side, then puts them in her jean's pockets, her expression one of mild disappointment. She listens to the Tremere's words, eyes flicking briefly to the others in the room when they're mentioned, then turns her attention back.
The implications of what Claudia says to her about being a pawn takes a few moments to settle in and be properly registered. When they do, her eyes narrow, a fiery expression working its way on her features. Sticking her jaw forward, the young vampire shifts her position a little and crosses her arms. She waits at least until Claudia finishes speaking to Theodore about her opinion of Griffin before she answers. Her voice sounds tight and accusing.
“Oh, so that's what I was to you then? Just a potential pawn? Someone to move about how you please? To manipulate?” She spits out a curse. “The hell would then be the difference between back then, and now, hm? Between you and Lyle?”
empathy+alertness>4:
auspex 2 / empathy+perception >5:
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:36 pm

As Rufus is making his way out of the building (apparently he plans on using a window this time), he pauses at the raised voice of Estela. His stony brow furrows for a brief moment, but then seems to disregard her as a threat and continues to exit, headed to find Griffin for the others.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 9:45 am

Theodore makes a "who cares" move at William's question concerning Vranken, as well as to his response to his discourse, waving off the neonate's warning. He crosses his arms and straightens up when Rufus approaches him, taking in the threat for what it is.
(Theodore) She was using you guy's magic. Didn't save her tho. Look, I don't hate all the Tremere just because they happen to be Tremere, and you guys need to clean up your ears. In my domain -and Rufus certainly knows this concept, don't you?-, I say whatever the hell I want. Even if that means bashing the entire clan, which I didn't do as I've only spoken of Vranken's lineage, her descendants. I wouldn't get so close to this sorceress if I thought the whole clan was rotten.

He signs at Claudia to show he's speaking about her.

Duncan:

The subject of Griffin and the reaction it draws out of the Tremere make the Brujah wonder, tilting slightly the head as he questions.
(Theodore) Really ? Seems like a good fella to me. Well, as far as the term can apply to kindred.. Of course we're all rotten, come on. At worst -yes- as you said, Duncan, you can go and be rude 'bout it, this is why I want you to go with Rufus. Or rather, meet there. At best he'll accept, at worst he'll tell you to leave and bash your non existent reputation (I doubt it, doesn't seem to be his style). With someone who's not part of the Chantry it'll be probably easier. I've not heard from Franz nor any of the others yet, they should give me a call sometime before dawn.And you girls; if you gonna fight in here, it's mandatory bikini, got it ?

The comment Theodore makes restrains Claudia from responding as harshly as her temper would make her do. She does give the Brujah Primogen the death stare, but she can't help a smile at his lightheartness. She gives back a look to Estela, calmed, shaking a little her head.
(Claudia) You were a friend. I never had pawns. Surely you helped me with my condition, and yes I asked you a few favors for things I could not obviously do by myself, but that kind of favor exchange is what happens every other day. Give me your notes of the Korean class, and I'll help you out with your essay. You can't possibly compare that to what the Regent is capable of ! At least my intentions are clear enough and not harmful. You can't possibly understand the kind of monster he is. The kind of monsters we all are, up to a certain extend...
(Theodore) I still think some bikinis are necessary.
(Claudia) Theo.. Please accept my apologies.

She bows the head to the Brujah to press her apology, then gives back a look at Estela.
(Claudia) Please trust me on this. But I won't help you if you keep being stubborn like that... You'll have to deal with the consequences for the rest of your existence, that is to last forever. You understand ?

Theodore observes Estela with more attention as she's being spoken to by Claudia. He gives her a smile when the subject of living forever is brought of by the Tremere.
(Theodore) Bah, she can learn all alone. Estela, right ? I advise about every neonate against getting close to the Tremere Regent, unless they have a very clear mind and are well prepared enough. Claudia's right, Kersten is one dangerous kind and if you're not careful, you're going to end very badly. Your funeral, after all, you're free and educated enough to make your own decisions, and deal alone with the consequences.

He seems optimist about it. He gives Claudia a look to have her approval, which she gives him even if she is reluctant. As Theodore speaks to Estela, Claudia approaches Duncan.
(Claudia) Usually when Sodalis Griffin isn't in the chantry nor in the Elysium, he spends time in Aux Mots Bleus, a café.. hm.. When you walk from the cathedral to the north, following the tramway, it's on that little street just before the first dock of the Gambetta station*, to the left.

*The gambetta tramway station, which is the station just between the central plaza and the Grand Theatre station, has a particularity : the docks do not face each other. Claudia doesn't seem to remember the name of the street, but she seems to know how to get there and gives a quite insightful way to go to Duncan. Follow the tram lines from the Cathedral and look on your left for a small street.
Aux Mots Bleus means "at the blue words'" ; it's may be a reference to a slow 70's song by the same name (Les Mots Bleus, the words you say with the eyes).

http://goo.gl/maps/s9vui
(the red lines show the different stations, but google street view will help you see the docs.

Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:40 pm

When Theodore declares that he'll say whatever the hell he wants in his domain, Duncan smiles, as though it's exactly what he expected to hear. After Rufus leaves, the younger Brujah mutters a brief comment.

Not much for group activities, is he?

As the topic turns to Griffin though, Duncan turns serious for a moment.

I won't be 'rude' to him, just... oblivious to their clan rules.

Theo mentions that he has not heard from Franz or Mike yet, and Duncan nods, a slight frown between his brows. The topic of bikini fights brings the crooked smile back to his face.

Miriel, Perception + Alertness/Awareness >4:

Duncan listens intently as Claudia describes where he is likely to find Jean-Pierre. He frowns as she mentions the cathedral, and seems on the verge of saying something; yet he holds his tongue. However, as soon as she mentions Gambetta station, the frown disappears and he nods.

Okay; you're talking Sainte-Andre. I think I can find it. Thank you. Although I think I'll stop and pick up my bike first, since the trams have stopped running. With a look at Miriel, he adds: You still want to talk to Griffin? We can discuss a few things on the way, such as Catherina's information, and whether there's time to visit a certain address tonight. What do you think?

OOC:

ST response to OOC:
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:29 pm

The casual interruption of Theodore, as well as his words make Estela pause a little. She directs a puzzled glare his way. It breaks away after a short moment of stupor, a smile returning to her features and a laugh escaping her. “Throw in an entry fee for spectators, as well as a portion of the profits for the winner, and I'm game. Could be fun.”
She sighs at Claudia's words, her anger and fight having left her in the wake of the Brujah's lighthearted, carefree comment. “I'd love to be able to take your word on all this but...” She shakes her head, the gesture seeming to be an almost tired or helpless one. “I don't know. I'm just confused about this. Things I used to know being based on lies and all that.” The young Kindred runs a hand through her short hair. “Look I get it we're all monsters in our own way here. But what any of us is capable off, doesn't mean that we'll necessarily do just that.” She holds up a hand to forestall any retort that might arise at those words. “And I also understand that you, and you” she looks at Theodore for a moment to signal she means him, then turns back to Claudia, “have known Lyle for longer than I have and know him better because of that. Just give me time okay? Please.” She chuckles softly. “Otherwise, we're going to have to change outfits, I fear.”
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:50 pm

William shrugs and lets out a deep drawn sigh.
"Ugh fine, let's go bother Griffin before we start writing Romeo and Julliet stories on my reluctance to visit him entails a surprise party."

Auspex 4:

He watches Rufus go and remains quiet as the rest discusses on what to do. He frowns a moment and takes of his spectacles and looks at the missing piece of glass.
"You go ahead, I'm making a quick drop at the Hotel for... reagents."
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 4:55 am

Miriel smiles as William relents smartly and agrees to pay Griffin a visit, responding with her own wise remark, No need to worry about us playing Shakespeare to add the drama; judging by how quickly you dropped the scaredy cat act, you've got no difficulty play-acting all on your own.

She catches Duncan's glance and subtle motion and grins, her tongue sticking out slightly between her teeth in an amused, razzing expression. It disappears suddenly when Claudia addresses him, replaced with an attentive smirk. She replies when addressed,
I think we've met our quota for visiting volunteers, but I suppose I can tag along for our discussion. I could use the ride over to save some time.

She winces to see William's broken glasses, nodding when he says he'll catch up. Broken glasses are a bummer.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 4:23 pm

Theodore does the world known "whatever" body language shrugging and raising both hands to his shoulder level when Duncan mentions Rufus isn't a good team player.
(Theodore) Dogs be dogs ? Don't worry too much about it, as far as I've noticed, Griffin forgives neonates easily. More so than the other harpies I've seen.

He does chuckle as he noticed Duncan's movement concerning the discussion between Estela and Claudia, but he doesn't say anything of it. He gives a smile to Estela.
(Theodore) No, no, God forbid, I don't 'know' Kersten. I mean we've worked in the same office for a few decades now, but that's about it. I just have some basic common sense. I'll prepare the mud fight though, and start selling out tickets.
(Claudia) Forget it, Theo... You seriously think I have a bikini ? And that I'd look good on it ?
(Theodore) Yep I do, why ? And I'm sure it'd interest a lot of people.

Claudia drops the subject with a bored sigh. She gives a polite smile to Duncan and nods when he notices she's speaking of Saint-André. She seems a little puzzled. Theodore explains a little further with a smile.
(Claudia) Well yes.. It's the only cathedral in town.
(Theodore) Yes you know, us Catholics and hierarchy, right ? We got basilica, cathedrals, churches.... Cathedrals be where the Bishop sits. It's like the town hall of the diocese. And since bishops don't really move out, Cathedral stays Cathedral... And basilica are just churches who got the Pope's special love.

She nods to the explanation, agreeing, and seemingly amazed by the Brujah's knowledge to let the idea be clear enough to the neonate. Theodore shrugs about it, it's probably due to his age, as Claudia was embraced when the law separating the Church and the State was voted in France (1905). The Tremere hears out about Miriel needing transportation, which reminds her there might not be public transportation at this hour of the night, she then gives a look at Estela, then gives the latter her Vespa keys. The sound of her sire's first name seems to make the Tremere cringe a little.
(Claudia) "Primogen Kersten", Estela.. Not "Lyle". Take my vespa and give the ride out to William. I'd like you to meet Jean-Pierre as well, he may explain to you these things a little better. If he's in a good mood... Anyway it'll be useful for you. Listen to him, will you ?

Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 4:37 pm

William follows the proceedings with a silent smile. He took out his phone and scrolled through the pages, sighing when he noticed there was no public transport of any kind. As Estela got the keys, he followed her per Claudia's recommendations, but gave a quick glance at Theodore and mouthed "Save me a ticket" with a motion of holding something, pointing to himself and then holding up one finger as he passed the doors and walked down the bar towards the exit repressing a coughing laugh.

"Could you drop me off at the hotel, I'll walk the rest once I got what I need, It's only a 7 min walk from there according to the map."
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 5:55 pm

Duncan nods as Theo talks about how Jean-Pierre is more forgiving towards neonates. The young Brujah grins at his Primogen.

That's why I wasn't worried about interrupting Griffin's 'me' time. The new recruits are expected to make a few 'mistakes' at first.

Claudia and Theodore explain about the cathedral, and Duncan gives an 'Oops' look to both of them.

Yeah, should have remembered that. Guess you can tell I wasn't a very good Catholic. I was doing good if I visited a church twice a year, at Christmas and Easter. I still figured out where you meant, though.

As Claudia gives her keys to Estela, and William asks for a ride, Duncan seems satisfied that travel arrangements have been made.

Well, see you guys at this 'Aux Mots Bleus' place. After that, we can decide where we'll meet tomorrow. To Theo, he adds: Expect an update later, via text.

To Claudia, the neonate gives a slight wave -- not much more than a lift of the hand. Later.

Finally, Duncan turns to Miri. I guess we're gone too. As the two Kindred exit the upstairs area, Duncan speaks to the Toreador.

So, you picking up a bikini for the fights? Even if you don't take part, you could be the one that holds the sign up, saying 'Round 2'.

Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 8:20 am

The talks wrap up, and Duncan says his farewells, prompting Miriel to give a sweeping, general wave goodbye as she turns to walk out with the Brujah.

They manage to walk a few meters before he says something smart.

Miri cannot help but be amused,
Ah, there's an idea. She smiles wryly, trusting he will know what she implies with what she says next, I'll join the festivities first thing, the day you get Claudia to agree to participate of her own volition.

She continues wearing that humored smile as they walk out.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 12:29 am

Duncan is still chuckling softly at Miri's comeback, as they step out of the stairway door and move across the bar towards the exit. Whether it is because of the joke itself, or the mental image that accompanies it, he doesn't say.

The young Brujah waves at the bartender as they leave, even if it's not Paul. The staff are busy cleaning up and shooing out the last few patrons, who are reluctant to go. With a final glance around the main room, Duncan steps outside and casually eyes the few customers still seated outdoors.

Storyteller, Perception+Alertness >5:

Closing time. "You don't have to go home but you can't stay here," as the saying goes. I wonder if we'll have any trouble getting into the place we're going? Or maybe a little name-dropping will get us in? After they are past the business area of El Bodegon, and on the neaarly-deserted sidewalk, Duncan speaks more openly; although his voice remains muted.

Miriel:

If Jean-Pierre actually owns the place, maybe it won't be too difficult. Of course, with all of the stone used in Bordeaux construction, I'm sure Rufus won't have any trouble entering. A slight pause, and Duncan adds: Note to self: Install iron rebar inside the walls of my next haven. I don't know anything about his abilities, but I don't like the idea of someone being able to bypass the doors and locks. I'll bet Theo isn't too wild about the idea, either.

Ah, well.... maybe I'm just paranoid. He is an ally, after all. It takes no effort or special ability to detect the sarcasm in Duncan's voice.

So, what interesting tidbits did Catherina throw our way?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   El Bodegon - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

El Bodegon
Page 13 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Roleplaying Vampire: The Masquerade :: Roleplaying Area :: City Elysiums-
Jump to: