Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

just wanted to say thanks

Go down 
+3
Zer0Morph
Claudia
vampiregamefan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
vampiregamefan
Fledgling
Fledgling

just wanted to say thanks Empty
PostSubject: just wanted to say thanks   just wanted to say thanks EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:19 am

joined the forums just to say thanks for working so hard making so much new content for my favourite vampire videogame, BUZZING MY ARSE OFF FOR RELEASE.....can't wait till tomorrow,not fair lol

oh n does anyone know anymore about World of darkness mmo release date yet? saw a hidden cam trailer on youtube but thats all i could find
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: just wanted to say thanks   just wanted to say thanks EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:05 pm

2014 ;-)
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: just wanted to say thanks   just wanted to say thanks EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:34 pm

You're welcome Fan, it's been a long, hard, but fun time making this. I think you'll get alot of enjoyment out of it, I know we have! Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
FallenRaven
Ancillae
Ancillae
FallenRaven

PostSubject: Re: just wanted to say thanks   just wanted to say thanks EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 1:18 pm

vampiregamefan wrote:
joined the forums just to say thanks for working so hard making so much new content for my favourite vampire videogame, BUZZING MY ARSE OFF FOR RELEASE.....can't wait till tomorrow,not fair lol

oh n does anyone know anymore about World of darkness mmo release date yet? saw a hidden cam trailer on youtube but thats all i could find
2012 earliest Info from here
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: just wanted to say thanks   just wanted to say thanks EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 1:24 pm

The last date I read was 2012 at the earliest (knowing the game industry, I hope it'll be done, over and playable by 2014) cuz our pals listened to the ver big mouths that wanted the game to be Masquerade based and not Requiem based (however they forgot the 90% silent population who'd rather play Requiem since they are 15-20 and never knew Masquerade... well, there's a huge debate on this still).

Back to top Go down
vampiregamefan
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: just wanted to say thanks   just wanted to say thanks EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 6:29 am

forgive me if i've got this wrong as i've only played the pc games.but i thought that requiem had no really old n powerfull vamps in it? like no ancients in that universe,just what some guy told me,but doesn't sound good to me.

but i know next to nothing other than whats been in games so i'm probly wrong lol
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: just wanted to say thanks   just wanted to say thanks EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 7:36 am

Long story short :

Vampire the Requiem is a toolbox with no metaplots, with many "sects" (and not "good Camarilla vs Bad Sabbat") and no "truth" behind the existence of the surnatural creatures (no generation, no milenia old kindred, no writings left, memories fading..), so every option is given with the different sects that try to explain why, what, how and who are the Vampires. And they could be all right, since the game doesn't state the "real truth". Requiem has a scenarii bible (so authors for the game have to compel to certain rules, like every director of a CSI episode has to have certain elements in the episode he produces ; I gotta find you the correct English term for this). Requiem has no soul, however, and the game will differ greatly according to your Game Master's approach of the tool (I've seen players piss themselves with fear at a Requiem game because the GM was a psychologist).

In Masquerade we have the postulate that the Bible is accurate and real (state of grace, Golconda, Curse, age of Kindred, Gehenna, Final nights, red moon, antediluvians and etc...). Yes, the World is about 6000 years old, the great Flood did make the Gran Canyon, and anthropology and science are just a Kindred invention to uphold the Masquerade. VTM is built around basic, simple and core oppositions (Sabbat Vs Camarilla, Elders vs Neonates, Kindred vs Garou, Anarchs vs Regalians, Ventrue vs Ventrue...) and it has no scenarii bible which lead to various incoherences in the games books, and authors trying to give themselves better credit, like a mage-vampire-garou overpowerful look at my penis it's larger than yours. But Masquerade has a soul, a personality, and each clan, each bloodline, each sect.. talks to a part of us very deeply. We, who were teenagers looking for role models and a place to fit, got an echo of [insert here Clan concept], and we carried it to adulthood.

Players who love Masquerade can barely explain what they do like about it precisely, and every player will say something different. There is no consensus. But the fanboys and fangirls can speak very loud (this is why CCP turned his vest and is trying to put together Requiem and Masquerade in the MMO.. But they didn't get that 90% of forum readers do not participate in discussions)
Players who love Requiem will all say the exact same thing about the system, they all know why they like Requiem, what are its qualities.

I love Masquerade, and I love Bloodlines in particular because it can show that when we throw away what is bad. As a GM, I have read about everything that has been written by white wolf (and had a couple of heart-attacks), but I did have to throw away some of the content. For instance, the whole thing with being embraced while pregnant. I obviously threw away the whole "the world ended back in 2003" thingy for the Forum... And some other things I'll not name due to players reading this Wink
Back to top Go down
vampiregamefan
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: just wanted to say thanks   just wanted to say thanks EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 8:01 am

ahhh ty for explaining,understand a little better now.had no idea they were gonna attempt to mix masquerade n requiem though,guess i can only wait n see how that turns out
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: just wanted to say thanks   just wanted to say thanks EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 8:03 am

I guess they'll try to use the Requiem Game System (disciplines, blood potency, charactersheet, interactions between races and stuff) with the Masquerade soul and maybe some of the metaplots Wink

We've been talking about the WoD Online here
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: just wanted to say thanks   just wanted to say thanks EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 12:46 pm

Claudia wrote:
...In Masquerade we have the postulate that the Bible is accurate and real (state of grace, Golconda, Curse, age of Kindred, Gehenna, Final nights, red moon, antediluvians and etc...). Yes, the World is about 6000 years old, the great Flood did make the Gran Canyon, and anthropology and science are just a Kindred invention to uphold the Masquerade...
That's americans for you. Thinking that everything concerns teir country. What did the original authors of the bible know about the grand canyon? And those monks who calculated the 6000 years theory probably only knew that America exists, but nothing specific about it...

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: just wanted to say thanks   just wanted to say thanks EmptySun May 01, 2011 6:13 am

They calculated that at the beginning of Middle Ages... Not even Vikings happened upon America that earlu. Not to mention Christopher Columbus.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: just wanted to say thanks   just wanted to say thanks EmptySun May 01, 2011 8:01 am

Some American fundamentalists do believe that Creationism is the way to go, and I have heard very serious people tell me that yes, the Grand Canyon was created in about 30, 40 days of continuous rain (it's not true, of course, it was made in thousands of years, we just need to see the different layers of the rocks..). And they do believe some guy build a huge boat, caught a bunch of animals (I don't know you guys but I'm not able to differentiate a female snake than a male one) and put them right back on their continents after the water had disappeared. And they survived and didn't eat each other.

The guy who stated the Earth was created the day before the 23 of October of the year 4004 BC was James Ussher (1580-1650 or something around it). He also said it happened around 9 am Wink
A bunch of other guys (like Newton) did their own calculus too... Then those calculus were carried away to modern days (expect in urban Europe) and that's how some took it has an explanation to the Gran Canyon, despite Buffon's awesome first scientific studies about the matter (well, he was way prudent saying the planet was hundreds of thousands years old.. but still closer than Ussher ^^)

Anyway I'm such a victim of Masquerade plots Wink
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: just wanted to say thanks   just wanted to say thanks EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:39 am

Well, at least we know, we all are offspring of Noah and his family. And for that reason we all should be good carpenters and excellent swimmers.
At least if we're not antediluvians, and have survived the flood in torpor, or sitting bored to undeath on some mountaintop, waiting for the rain to stop and the water to drain away.
Hopefully not on the mountains that got washed away to form the Grand Canyon Twisted Evil

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: just wanted to say thanks   just wanted to say thanks EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:57 pm

I thought Noah accidentally sailed to the Grand Canyons then when everything dried up, he started the state known as Arizona.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: just wanted to say thanks   just wanted to say thanks EmptySun May 01, 2011 1:51 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
I thought Noah accidentally sailed to the Grand Canyons then when everything dried up, he started the state known as Arizona.
How can the remains of the arc then be supposed to be found on Mount Ararat in Turkey? Probably some Byzantinic Emperor, or Osman Sultan faked it?

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: just wanted to say thanks   just wanted to say thanks EmptySun May 01, 2011 6:29 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Well, at least we know, we all are offspring of Noah and his family. And for that reason we all should be good carpenters and excellent swimmers.
- geek

I thought we are offspring of a murderous greengrocerer? You know, the one who kiled his brother and got cursed, no? lol!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: just wanted to say thanks   just wanted to say thanks EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:34 am

Feral,
you are old enough to be directly related to the homicidal guy. But most people are not.
Btw, what did you do during the flood?

- geek
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: just wanted to say thanks   just wanted to say thanks EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:21 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Feral,
you are old enough to be directly related to the homicidal guy. But most people are not.

- geek

I went fishing
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: just wanted to say thanks   just wanted to say thanks EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:10 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Feral,

- geek

Many things, man... Trying to hide from the sun, underwater. Finding some blood. But mostly swimming doggy style Laughing
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: just wanted to say thanks   just wanted to say thanks EmptyMon May 02, 2011 4:24 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
Feral,

- geek

I went fishing

No, you didn't. You're still only Methuselah, not Antediluvian No

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just wanted to say thanks   just wanted to say thanks Empty

Back to top Go down

just wanted to say thanks
Page 1 of 1