Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tremere

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ragnos
Neonate
Neonate
Ragnos

Tremere Empty
PostSubject: Tremere   Tremere EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:32 am

Hey people i was just wondering what weapons you used as a Tremere (if any) other than Thaumaturgy?

I have not played much as a Tremere, mainly just to the downtown area and i was wondering what peoples opinions were.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Tremere Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tremere   Tremere EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:41 am

Melee weapons are good for any clan. You may be weaker as a Tremere, but once you get 'Blood Shield' you take very little melee damage. Some people go the Auspex-Firearms route, but I don't like guns.

However, at higher levels your Tremere abilities are often better than either Melee or Firearms. Same for Dominate.
Back to top Go down
Ragnos
Neonate
Neonate
Ragnos

Tremere Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tremere   Tremere EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:54 am

Ah that makes perfect sense really. I forgot about blood shield Embarassed

I agree with the dislike for guns which is why i gave up on the idea pretty quick and re started with melee Smile

Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Tremere Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tremere   Tremere EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 4:34 am

I was going to suggest melee, too. In combination with blood purge, and later blood shield, it's really all you need. And dominate against humans, or blood boil against anybody can make you very dangerous, despite your lack in physical attributes.
I wouldn't follow the auspex - guns path either. Auspex only confuses me, always seeing the silouettes of people I can't reach. Plus I don't like being dependant on a stack of ammo for my gun.
Of course my characters always carry a sidearm, preferably a Glock (it's fast, accurate, and has very large ammo clips for a pistol).
A knife, a Glock, and as soon as I can get it, a Steyr because of the scope, that's all I need to be perfectly happy.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Ragnos
Neonate
Neonate
Ragnos

Tremere Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tremere   Tremere EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 4:51 am

It seems to be so far that evveryone so far is in agreement, at least now i dont feel so confused about the choices, thanks people Smile

Having guns as a backup makes sense i suppose when ya think about it, in most games where you can use both i start combet out with ranged attacks and switch to melee when they get close Smile
Back to top Go down
GabrielvonRichter
Neonate
Neonate
GabrielvonRichter

Tremere Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tremere   Tremere EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:46 pm

Just for roleplaying purposes, I always focus my Tremere (and to a lesser extent Toreador) characters on ranged combat instead of melee- they don't get any disciplines that really buff up the physical stats (except Celerity in the Toreador and Blood Shield in the Tremere, which can take a while to get). I save the melee combat for clans that get things like Fortitude and Potence. The usually mental-based characters of the Tremere can do quite well as snipers or fast-shooters, seeing as the requisite traits and abilities are their bread and butter. And Auspex can make sniping so easy it should be a crime.

That's not to say I never melee with them, they just aren't geared towards it as much as, say, a Brujah or Gangrel.
Back to top Go down
Ragnos
Neonate
Neonate
Ragnos

Tremere Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tremere   Tremere EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 9:10 pm

good point, although as far as blood shield goes i get it halfway through santa monica so melee becomes much more fun very soon for me Smile

time will tell as i get futher whether or not it keeps working as well at later levels Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tremere Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tremere   Tremere Empty

Back to top Go down

Tremere
Page 1 of 1