Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started

Go down 
+4
Dingsi
marine2k6
Childe of Malkav
mouser9169
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started   Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 4:36 am

Demon1198 wrote:
mouser9169 wrote:

You also set the disciplines the player has to choose from here, and the starting values for each (default 1). You can add more disciplines to a clan, but be careful taking disciplines away if the player might go through the tutorial, as there is one room for each of the clans default disciplines, and without the discipline the player won't be able to progress (without modding the tutorial, in which case we're out of the realm of "simple stuff").
I'm still not a great modder or anything, but couldn't you just set it so that instead of telling you to do your third discipline it would just repeat a previous discipline? Just set it up to repeat your first discipline and that should be it, right? I don't know if that would cause a problem in the game or if it would be easy even, but it just sounded simple at least.
tutorial.py, the "discroom" functions.

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Demon1198
Fledgling
Fledgling
Demon1198

PostSubject: Re: Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started   Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 2:47 am

Can someone give me specific instructions on the "choose your starting items" thing? I've been trying to make it part of the Ex Cop trait, which I modified to Ex Sniper, changed the description of, and wanted a(you guessed it) Swat Rifle. I tried a few different ways of using the data from the Chica perk, but I couldn't figure it out. Oh yeah, I did that in the Clandoc000.txt obviously. I tried stuff with the history.txt, histories000.txt, and traiteffects000.txt but I couldn't figure it out. I don't think I screwed anything up in those folders either because I know to be careful with that stuff. Maybe I did. I just need to know the easiest way from someone so that I can play as my favorite role in any game-the sniper.Suspect 
Back to top Go down
Demon1198
Fledgling
Fledgling
Demon1198

PostSubject: Re: Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started   Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 1:20 am

Alright, I was just being stupid again. I found out how to put items on histories earlier. Just do it through the items section, not the histories or anything. I would've found it out faster if I would have read the Items section of the first post in this topic.
 For other newbies looking here for info, obviously use the items section to do that stuff. Find the section that says Drifter or Chica, and then find this line:

"Item" "item_w_thirtyeight"

Change the "item_w_thirtyeight" part of it to the weapon you want. For example, if I wanted the scoped Remingtion M700 I'd put in:
"Item" "item_w_rem_m_700_bach"
If you don't know what the item code for it is, just use the "vendors" file as a reference. It has the names of all of the weapons in the game in one place or another. My finished history(I named it Sniper) looks like this in the
"items" folder:

StartingEquip
{
"Name" "Player Sniper"
"InternalName" "Player_Sniper"

"Money" "0"
Items
{
"Item" "item_w_unarmed"
"Item" "item_a_lt_cloth"
"Item" "weapon_physcannon"
"Item" "item_g_keyring"
"Item" "item_g_wallet"
"Item" "item_w_rem_m_700_bach"
"Item" "item_w_knife"
"Item" "item_w_fists"
}
}

I added the knife in for a more realistic experience as a Sniper. They have to have something in case of a close-quarters fight, and that knife fits the bill. Feel free to use this to give you a head start on making your own history or just copy mine, I don't care. Good luck with it either way.

Last edited by Demon1198 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Improving.)
Back to top Go down
Demon1198
Fledgling
Fledgling
Demon1198

PostSubject: Re: Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started   Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 1:38 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Demon1198 wrote:
mouser9169 wrote:

You also set the disciplines the player has to choose from here, and the starting values for each (default 1). You can add more disciplines to a clan, but be careful taking disciplines away if the player might go through the tutorial, as there is one room for each of the clans default disciplines, and without the discipline the player won't be able to progress (without modding the tutorial, in which case we're out of the realm of "simple stuff").
I'm still not a great modder or anything, but couldn't you just set it so that instead of telling you to do your third discipline it would just repeat a previous discipline? Just set it up to repeat your first discipline and that should be it, right? I don't know if that would cause a problem in the game or if it would be easy even, but it just sounded simple at least.
tutorial.py, the "discroom" functions.

-geek 
An even better way to do this, if it would work, is to just ask Jack where you can get some blood and you'll get out on your own. I don't get tutorial messages if I start the game that way, so that would be way easier than doing all of the Python coding stuff.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started   Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 5:59 am

That's just because I have already done all the python coding and map editing necessary for it in CE...

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Demon1198
Fledgling
Fledgling
Demon1198

PostSubject: Re: Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started   Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 5:04 pm

Oh, sorry lol. Thanks for that, then. I've been wanting to customize what disciplines my vampire had for a while without having to add more disciplines. Having too many just ruins all of the fun.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Ansem
Ancillae
Ancillae
Dark_Ansem

PostSubject: Re: Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started   Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 5:54 pm

I still can't understand how to raise the tremere blood pool and health max values...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started   Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 5:10 am

Dark_Ansem wrote:
I still can't understand how to raise the tremere blood pool and health max values...
That's quite simple. Open traitseffects000.txt and search for the tremere clan section. Then add this code:
Code:
         TraitEffect
         {
            "Trait"   "BloodPool"
            "Modifier"   "Max #"
         }
For health it's a bit different:
Code:
         TraitEffect
         {
            "Trait"   "Max_Health"
            "Modifier"   "Value ###"
         }
Default is 100.
And be careful with quotemarks and braces. One out of place can ruin half the game, and sometimes you don't even find the problem soon because the effects appear at some completely different place.

If you want to make these changes for all clans, go directly to stats.txt and change the numbers there.

You can also create a history, maybe "Low Generation" and put the changes there, possibly with a penalty to compensate.
For creating histories, you have to edit histories.txt and the history section of traitseffects000.txt. I think it's rather straitforward and easy to learn.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Ansem
Ancillae
Ancillae
Dark_Ansem

PostSubject: Re: Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started   Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 5:26 am

It is, thanks Smile I modified some other thing tho, I might have crashed the game lol
Back to top Go down
Dark_Ansem
Ancillae
Ancillae
Dark_Ansem

PostSubject: Re: Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started   Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 8:23 am

However, health and blood pool seem to be capped at a maximum value. how do I change the cap? or it's hardcoded?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started   Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 2:15 pm

Dark_Ansem wrote:
However, health and blood pool seem to be capped at a maximum value. how do I change the cap? or it's hardcoded?
Maybe you have to set the higher values in stats.txt, and lower them for any clan that uses the normal ones.
For bloodpool, there is a table bloodpoolmax by generation (not sure exactly how it's written). You can activate and edit that, and set the player generation according to your needs in traiteffects.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Ansem
Ancillae
Ancillae
Dark_Ansem

PostSubject: Re: Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started   Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 2:21 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Dark_Ansem wrote:
Maybe you have to set the higher values in stats.txt, and lower them for any clan that uses the normal ones.
For bloodpool, there is a table bloodpoolmax by generation (not sure exactly how it's written). You can activate and edit that, and set the player generation according to your needs in traiteffects.

can I get a small tutorial on how to do all this? I checked the stickied guide but the bloodpool is absent and, while the game files are not counter-intuitive, I could still use a bit of help, if you have the time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started   Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 5:47 pm

For anyone still wondering about bloodpool, for players it's in the stats file roundabout line 350. This might effect NPC's too, not sure on that - doesn't seem to make much of a difference to them, in any case. For high values the blood meter will rise outside the 'gauge' and an empty bubble will start to show at the bottom. That bubble will grow as your current bloodpool does. As Malkav said, you can then lower that value for specific histories or clans from there.

If you want to make a very "magic" intensive version of the game, you can have a lot of fun with this, but it is hard to balance. One way to try is by making healing harder (lowering the effects of bloodheal or feeding).

"Default" is the amount you start the game with. [Edit: and probably the amount for NPC's]

MOAR EDIT: Taking blood buff away entirely is another interesting choice (use clandoc). I do this to Tremere and it really keeps the "playing as a mage" thing going.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started   Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Simple Modding Techinques to Get You Started
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2