Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Passwords.. again!

Go down 
+3
Feral
Childe of Malkav
Shabutaro
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Passwords.. again! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passwords.. again!   Passwords.. again! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:06 am

Keep the words as "reals" and link them up to the local hints, right ?
Like, "if password randomizer = jesus ; then, hint = "our savior" on the paper ?"

Of course, the 1969 one about the code, and "lighthouse" won't change since they are kind of linked to stuff said.. but.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Passwords.. again! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passwords.. again!   Passwords.. again! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 12:28 pm

If the text on the paper actually is the same as the password, or just a hint is of no regard for the working of my function.
What I do is make different versions of the subdirectory or function with different passwords in the hackterm file. And if there is a note with the password or a hint to it, I make a copy of the note text file for each password used.
The selection which hint text file is used, and which version of the computer function has the dependency set to true, is calculated by an algorithm that creates the same number every time one terminal is used in one playthrough, but another number in another playthrough, or on another computer. Even if the number of passwords (=outputs for the script) is the same on both terminals.

- geek
Back to top Go down

Passwords.. again!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2