Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gargoyle

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

The Gargoyle Empty
PostSubject: The Gargoyle   The Gargoyle EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 5:06 pm

Hello everyone.

I am usually a Malkavian player, but for a LARP I was kind of forced into a Tremere role (the idea scared me, until I learned my character was supposed to be embraced as a malkavian, but our chantry's regent messed up the plan, but that's another story).

So it took me into getting interested into the clan Tremere (but i still hate that clan), and went back to Bloodlines.

I have read that it may was possible to talk the Gargoyle into coming back to Strauss, but maybe it was a false information. I have never been able to achieve that goal, playing many different clans for many different ending goals...

Is it possible to add this idea a new patch ?
Back to top Go down
Dante Revere
Neonate
Neonate
Dante Revere

The Gargoyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gargoyle   The Gargoyle EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 9:37 pm

Yeah, I've played through this game (the vanilla version) as many times as anyone, and I'm fairly certain there's absolutely no way to get the gargoyle to return to Strauss. The Tremere are awesome, though! You should check out some of the many PDF's available online and brush up on their history. They have a really grisly past, particularly where the Dark Ages are concerned.

Actually, while we're on the topic of the gargoyle, I don't think the one in the Chinese Theater looks anything like a gargoyle should. The canon gargoyles of VtM looked more like they did in Redemption, when Christof and his coterie stormed the Haus de Hexe. I don't know if it's possible to change the model entirely, but if it was, it might be an interesting (albeit extremely difficult) endeavor.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

The Gargoyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gargoyle   The Gargoyle EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 8:35 am

No, there is absolutely no way of returning the gargoyle into Strauss' service. Even trying something like that leads to instant combat. The only thing you can do is suggesting an alliance with Isaak. You'll need about 5 or 6 persuasion and choose the right dialogue options.

Claudia, I don't think it would be a good idea to make an option for the gargoyle to return to Strauss, even if it was possible.
Its hatred of the Tremere is too big.

- geek
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

The Gargoyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gargoyle   The Gargoyle EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 8:53 am

Gargoyles were also made to specification - they could be alterred in form for function. As a one off it was easier to give him greater proportions and detail.

Also do not link to piracy on these boards. You can buy the clanbooks for very reasonable prices as ebooks due to their discontinuation. Places such as DriveThruRPG and probably others you can find via google.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

The Gargoyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gargoyle   The Gargoyle EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 9:48 am

I appreciate everybody trying to tell be to get information about the clan, thanks, but I have worked for White Wolf as Narrator, so I already got about everything for the World of Darkness (including clanbook tremere, second and revised edition). So yes, i know about the Dark Ages, and how the clan got there, etc. But I still don't like the clan, I'm maybe too much of an individual to accept their "sectarian" way of life. I prefer Malkavians (but that's what I get for dating a psychologist)
However I do love the clan Tremere as it is explained on my LARP session, our Regent is having a middle age crisis and uses thaumaturgy to play WoW with a mage friend of his while asking people to bring him a glass of water (the mage managed to make him "fake real blood" in pills, that only needs water to be drank), I got embraced just to fuck up the malkavian plans and we are going on alliance with the Brujah (the primogen is our pal and we like to giggle together, the three of us). Before you scream heresy, the backround written to be used as a base for this LARP is totally credible and realistic, it's just that the guy playing my sire/the Regent has a doctorate in psychology... And the character totally works !

So to coming back to the idea of kicking the gargoyle back to home, yes indeed there is much hate, but gargoyles do lose their willpower because of how there were created (experimentation with Nosferatu, Gangrel and Tzimisce if my memory is correct). The idea of a free Gargoyle is possible, as much as it is possible for a dead vampire to become a wraith, but it's very very rare (as much of a mage or a werewolf surviving the embrace ; in all WoD books, there may be about two cases of each ; the Tremere Wraith in Atlanta and Samuel Haight are a couple of examples).

If I remember correctly, gargoyles get maluses for when it gets dominated.. Usually, when the clan has a gargoyle, it is so much victim of dominate that he doesn't even have the wits to understand it's being dominated... so, to develop hate, that's one big step. I'd bet with a acceptable generation and a good persuation skill, it may be possible to trick this Gargoyle into going home at the Chantry.
But I am aware that if you choses the dialog options without any orders you can get it to join Isaac.

(Oh by the way, i apologize if some sentences do not make any sence, English is my third language)
Back to top Go down
Dante Revere
Neonate
Neonate
Dante Revere

The Gargoyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gargoyle   The Gargoyle EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 1:51 pm

Sorry I unintentionally put on my pirate hat there for a moment, I actually just don't know of any other way to get them. I'll check out what you suggested though, I like to make my cash contribution to the writers when I can.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

The Gargoyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gargoyle   The Gargoyle EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 2:01 pm

Like CCP needs more money :-)
Authors do not get a lot (or they already got the maximum they could, but since the old WoD is dead and is not published anymore...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Gargoyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gargoyle   The Gargoyle Empty

Back to top Go down

The Gargoyle
Page 1 of 1