Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do it for teh lulz

Go down 
+11
Nachtrae
ThePhilosopher
Sio
LordNoir
Eliza
Childe of Malkav
Claudia
eye of the divine
Bloodywolf
PGM1961
Voraxith
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
LordNoir
Elder
Elder
LordNoir

Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 3:57 pm

A lot can happen in six nights. For creatures that live for entire centuries, Kindred are surprisingly active and do a lot from night to night.
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:00 pm

LordNoir wrote:
A lot can happen in six nights. For creatures that live for entire centuries, Kindred are surprisingly active and do a lot from night to night.
Don't kid yourself Very Happy They only start moving when somebody pokes around in their cities. After everything's back to normal, the stop doing shit.
NPC's that is. PC's are always active.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:30 pm

The whole bloodlines games took place in 7 nights XD

My NPCs are pcs like any other, they do stuff, they take actions and sometimes it concerns or doesn't concern the PCs. Like, you guys didn't investigate the breaking into armories so others did. Shit gets done but of course if they had investigated they would have found other stuff. I give you lots of toys to play with, but some have a limited time :p
You could have not gone down the Artifact path at all, it would still fly because I do not have a "main story" for you to follow, just lots of knots to bite into Very Happy

Claudia and Theodore are probably two of the most neonate approachable NPCs, which is why you "see" them a lot Smile
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:30 pm

Nachtrae wrote:
That's it. Next time Chris is in Elysium, I'm going to give him a dogwhistle. Expose everybody using Auspex 1  Twisted Evil 

Or maybe they should have to tell the ST that they are actively using Auspex 1... which would make their distraction obvious to those with them.  Sometimes I'll put that in the spoiler ("actively using Auspex 1"); but it's a lot of trouble to do it every time.

That's why I don't put super-top-secret stuff in spoilers.  It's also why I generally don't read spoilers I don't have access to.  Like the meeting between Orlov and Gosuin in the Prince's chamber; or the Latin being spoken by the Tremere.  And when I sent a text to Nyx, I left a post in the 'Nyx's Haven' thread that she had a text message, but didn't read the spoilers.  (I knew she was posting in there from the 'Last Post' column.)

Spoilers operate on the 'honor' system.  Like any other honor system, it requires that you have some... honor, I mean.

Now, that being said, anything spoken in Elysium that isn't in spoilers is fair game, as long as I'm not distracted.  Everyone is eavesdropping on everyone.  But Duncan missed the conversation between Fred and the Sheriff because he was paying attention to the (melo)drama between Felix and Christopher.

Dog whistle is a good idea though. LOL
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:33 pm

Of courses auspex 1 and spies require you to be spying ! XD not everyone can hear everything in a semi crowded room. I trust players to be smart enough to take into account what tier characters reasonably gets ; like Neb and Corinna : neither are on spoilers and both are speaking quietly to their own groups, so I don't think Neb should overhear, above the stomping and ignoring as Igor speaks to him, what Corinna said about him.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:37 pm

I am far from ashamed to admit that I read EVERYTHING. I just wanna know Very Happy
But I'll die before using OC knowledge on purpose.
Back to top Go down
LordNoir
Elder
Elder
LordNoir

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:52 pm

I've been trying to insure that my character only hears bits or pieces of what's being said by others when he isn't talking.
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 5:01 pm

William pretty much always has auspex 1 active on his ears for character related reasons. The best time to sneak up on him is when he's examining something closely, cause that is the only time he really switches it around.

It's why William cringed when Chris broke the phone. Heck I'm surprised there has been a lack of harsh noises for most of the campaign :p
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 5:30 pm

Claudia wrote:
Of courses auspex 1 and spies require you to be spying ! XD not everyone can hear everything in a semi crowded room. I trust players to be smart enough to take into account what tier characters reasonably gets ; like Neb and Corinna : neither are on spoilers and both are speaking quietly to their own groups, so I don't think Neb should overhear, above the stomping and ignoring as Igor speaks to him, what Corinna said about him.

Smile

Yup..I actually checked on that one. I knew I was across a crowded room and I wanted a ruling on if I could hear or not.

I also like to read everything...but I don't act on it and I avoid reading spoilers until after I have posted (unless the spoiler is directed at me)
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 5:45 pm

Speaking of reading where our characters are not, Claudia apparently wants Neb to die I see. *grin*
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 5:52 pm

joemarra052075 wrote:
Speaking of reading where our characters are not, Claudia apparently wants Neb to die I see. *grin*
Naah. She doesn't Very Happy She's just encouraging a little competition!
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 6:00 pm

joemarra052075 wrote:

Yah but who doesn't. He's a Setite.

"Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?"
-- Indiana Jones
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 6:08 pm

I have to admit that I read everything, too, but since I was inactive for a while, I still have huge gaps in knowledge and can't quite keep track of everything that is happening or has happened, so I'm thankful for the fact that Corinna is pretty much preoccupied with Tremere stuff all the time. Not that that isn't piling up either, with all the neonates coming in, disappearing, and 'speshul guests' introduced by Kersten...
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 6:30 pm

Eliza wrote:
I have to admit that I read everything, too, but since I was inactive for a while, I still have huge gaps in knowledge and can't quite keep track of everything that is happening or has happened, so I'm thankful for the fact that Corinna is pretty much preoccupied with Tremere stuff all the time. Not that that isn't piling up either, with all the neonates coming in, disappearing, and 'speshul guests' introduced by Kersten...
Special guests? He's just a little shadow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 7:06 pm

Catching up on stuff that's been going on is different. Stuff that happens in Elysium is generally common knowledge, eventually. Same applies to the Chantry, for Tremere. I'm talking about reading stuff that your character shouldn't know. If you're going to eavesdrop on spoilers with Auspex 1, put a spoiler of your own for people to notice how distracted your character is. Sound fair?

Another way to keep OOC information separate from In-character knowledge is to NOT READ SPOILERS when you don't meet the requirements; i.e. if you're not the ST, don't read something addressed to the ST.  Seems like common courtesy.  Unsympathetic player is unsympathetic to your unbridled curiosity.  Want to know everything?  Go to work for the NSA.

I guess I'm old school.  Back before cheat codes, or god mode, when the DM sent one of your fellow D&D players a note, or took them into the other room for a DM/player conversation, you simply had to accept that there were things your character didn't know.  Not only did it heighten interest in the story, and up the paranoia to a new level, but it gave you confidence that your secrets were being kept too.

I'd rather not have PM's replace spoilers, but I may do that.

Something to consider: Since Felix is already being scolded by Griffin, I wonder how Griffin would react if the fledgling in question is constantly distracted by his efforts to listen in on every conversation.  Griffin will know exactly what is happening; being Tremere, he most likely has Auspex also.  It's like someone ignoring you to check their phone messages, or talking on their phone all during your date... not something a harpy would appreciate.

The dog whistle is sounding better and better. Or a white-noise generator. You can order those online now.
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 7:24 pm

I will actually wait a day or so to read the spoilers...I just love getting the whole story.
Back to top Go down
LordNoir
Elder
Elder
LordNoir

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 7:28 pm

Felix isn't listening to every conversation though, he overheard a few words of one other conversation and when he overheard it I put a non-spoiler stating he was distracted by it. It was a distraction that anyone could've seen, not just those paying the most attention.

As a player, I don't read spoilers that my character wouldn't be privy to, and if those things are conversations I try to only have him hear bits and pieces if any of it specifically because I don't want to meta-game.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 6:39 am

I'm just too curious not to read everything. So far, though, I've only been reading the threads that Corinna is active in, since everything else contains way too much stuff for me to digest in one reading, and to be honest, I couldn't be bothered to jump around threads just to follow the story correctly.
Still, I think I've managed to keep OOC knowledge from gameplay. At least I hope so.
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 9:30 am

Eliza wrote:
I'm just too curious not to read everything. So far, though, I've only been reading the threads that Corinna is active in, since everything else contains way too much stuff for me to digest in one reading, and to be honest, I couldn't be bothered to jump around threads just to follow the story correctly.
Still, I think I've managed to keep OOC knowledge from gameplay. At least I hope so.
This  What a Face 
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 1:59 pm

Yo this was the story all about how
My life got flipped, undead and all
And I'd like to take a night, just sit right here,
And I'll tell you all about how I became the Tremere in the middle.

In West-Brabant, leuven, born and died,
At the school where I spend most of my life
Gaming and chilling, computer's all cool
Pwning noobs online and raiding ol' Zuul
Where a hot nerd girl, teacher, had a bright skeme,
Pulled me out of college into brussel north
I got fangs in my neck, and blood down my throat
And she said, "We're gonna revolutionise this chantry yoh!"

I studied magic and computers for years
Regent was a dick and ran around with a full time sneer
My sire said I'd be limited severe
So she blackmailed a Regent and said 'Yoh Will, get to French air!'

I pulled up to a hotel, Had stars like 4 or 5
I went to the desk, "hey I'm looking for Lyle!"
Ready to execute my master's dark plan
To claim my place as the Tremere in the middle.

Last edited by Bloodywolf on Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 2:00 pm

*approved*
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 5:33 pm

I'd chastise you for your lack of rhyming ability, but the original wasn't much better.

I should do one to the tune of "Boom! Shake the Room."
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 6:27 pm

Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 5:35 pm

Conversation between Mikael and Griffin

Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 Christian-bale-and-kermit-the-frog

PS: Is it just me or the Elysium thread seems kind of stuck?
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 6:26 pm

Time goes slowly, but there is only so much we can talk about without becoming dependant on Claudia of bringing in a fresh topic of discussion. A possible timeskip on to the appropriate hours with a 'while time skipped a few things might have happened' could be one if all the players agreed there is nothing more to post about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do it for teh lulz
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next