Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General status of the project

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

General status of the project Empty
PostSubject: General status of the project   General status of the project EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 6:22 pm

I'm feeling like modding bloodlines again. And I think I'll have the time to really start something new about the middle of November.
So now in preparation I'd like to know what you want in a new project. And also if there is someone who might help me with things like story scripting for new quests, model/texture editing, proof reading...
Ideas for new content or changes to the game system are also welcome.

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: General status of the project   General status of the project EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:31 pm

Looks like I popped my head in at the right time. Halloween is coming up and I got a support question in my mailbox so I thought I'd drop in. What's this about a new project from Malkav?!?!?!

HOW EXCITING!! bounce 
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: General status of the project   General status of the project EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 6:44 am

Ok. I've dicided to seriously get started. The working title for now is RandomEncountersMod.
It will be based on the recent (8.Cool version of Wesps patch, including most of the restored content from the plus version, but not the changes in the Dominate and Dementation disciplines.
For the first release I want to include
-The bloodloss will stay in the mod, not only influenced by Stamina, but also by Humanity
-a new character creation system
-One haven on a separarte map
Malkav wrote:
One Haven to fit them all. One Haven to hide them.
One Haven to serve them all. And in their Unlife bind them.
In the World of Darkness where the Shadows lie.
-a new hunter system
-the college or something similar will stay in the game
-different xp and possibly changes in the Attributes/Abilities/Feats
-more randomized people (including hookers, blooddolls, talking pedestrians...)
-minor random encounters like vampires feeding, hookers and thugs working, drug dealers...
-custom music, but revamped
-random items and money to be found

Completely new quests and stuff will have to wait until a later version.

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: General status of the project   General status of the project EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 7:43 pm

Progress is slow but I have some interesting features.

-Autowalk, togglespeed, and the hotkeys can be set to any key via the options menue.
-"lookback" feature allows for a quick look behind you in 3rd person view; can also be bound to any key via options.
-humanity now has strong influence on the bloodloss rate.
-For Toreador humanity changes are no longer doubled, but they lose it more easily

geek 
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: General status of the project   General status of the project EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 2:53 pm

What can I do?
I need a patched game, but Wesps patch has become quite unmoddable. About a third is necessary patches, another third plus content, and the rest just bulk for separating one from the other. Of the plus content I want to use about half while I hate the other half.
And Tess' patch is completely out of the question. No matter if it works, and is better suited for my needs. I won't download or even consider using it for my private use. And most certainly I won't use anything from a guy with his unclear publishing politics as a base for something I intend to publish, if it ever gets to a good enough state.

geek 
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: General status of the project   General status of the project EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 2:59 pm

You should just start your own project entirely using Bloodlines Patch 1.2 as your basis and go from there. Or start at Wesp's 6.5 patch like how TFN's basis began.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: General status of the project   General status of the project EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 3:13 pm

I've thought about that too. But it also means so much basic work to get a playable game that I'm not sure I can (and want to) do it. And again the kind of work I wanted to avoid by leaving CE and Starting new: completely disecting and rewriting existing stuff.

geek 
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: General status of the project   General status of the project EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 12:00 pm

Just in case you're interested: I'm still working on it. Won't be ready for the 10th anniversary, but I hope that I can put it under the tree...

Most recently I have worked on the tutorial. Made a few more clan-specific dialog options. Now the sheriff cutscene and the bum/rat feeding can be skipped. City Gangrel with their changed disciplines are included. And if you play the tutorial as a normal level, there's no more need to talk to Jack at the end. Just walk close to the door near the elevator, and you get teleported to your haven.

And finally I have built a new character-creation, experience, and humanity system.
First I have made everything cost 10 times the original xp. Quests also give about 10 times as much. This allows for a better distribution of special xp in the quests.
Then I have completely changed the humanity costs:
current humanity123456789
cost Toreador302010101020203040
cost other403020202030304040
Now Toreador don't have double shifts any more, but they are more likely to loose humanity. And I intend to remove most of the ingame humaity gains. Especially the dance-spots.
For character creation, now you don't get points to spend in the creation screen. Instead once you enter the tutorial level, you get xp to build your character. There are no more Attribute or Ability orders, but the first attribute and ability groups cost a bit less, the last a bit more.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: General status of the project   General status of the project EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 12:08 pm

This is all very very interesting..
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: General status of the project   General status of the project EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 10:05 am

Just to let you know, I'm not completely in torpor.
While I couldn't get the tv in the new haven to work, at least I was able to put the news on the radio. So you can select Deb, the news, or some music (or turn the radio off if you prefer silence).
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: General status of the project   General status of the project EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 5:17 pm

Tonight I have finished the first batch of Santa Monica testruns. Found nothing gamebreaking, but some rather annoying little bugs.
So it's slow, but there is progress. And since TFN (and maybe even Antitribu) will be released soon, there is no great hurry.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: General status of the project   General status of the project EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 5:46 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Tonight I have finished the first batch of Santa Monica testruns. Found nothing gamebreaking, but some rather annoying little bugs.
So it's slow, but there is progress. And since TFN (and maybe even Antitribu) will be released soon, there is no great hurry.

Plus you've been helping TFN find bugs and I'm very grateful for that. I can't wait to see your List of Changes and your overall "What is Undead LA".
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: General status of the project   General status of the project EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 5:49 pm

Writing that will be the hardest part for me. No
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: General status of the project   General status of the project EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 5:53 pm

I wish I had spare time to help you guys properly :-(
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: General status of the project   General status of the project EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 6:44 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Writing that will be the hardest part for me. No

Write it up, then give it to me or Eliza and we can re-write it with flair and sass. bounce
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: General status of the project   General status of the project EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 8:04 am

For those who haven't noticed yet: I'm neither playing nor modding bloodlines atm. And I don't know when I'll return to playing and if I'll return to modding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General status of the project   General status of the project Empty

Back to top Go down

General status of the project
Page 1 of 1