Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house

Go down 
+5
Claudia
Dragatus
Karavolos
Feral
aneumann01
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house Empty
PostSubject: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 10:33 pm

Two points I've raised before: Why can't we see 4 or 5 zombies wandering around the graveyard before we do the Romero quest. He tells us they are there and we hear them moaning in the audio but you don't see anything until you take him up on his offer. It bums me out everytime.

The ocean house was set fire to. Whoever got out didn't have time to take all their things. They had to leave in a hurry...if they left at all. Why don't we find rings, watches and other stuff laying around.

We need zombies! We need loot! Just saying. Smile
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 6:13 am

About the Ocean House, many people came in and out. It's logical that there aren't many goodies. Plus you don't go treasure hunting in a haunted house : in Bloodlines, the PC wants in and out as fast as they can, because it's the first big supernatural the PC encounters. Adding items there would only harm the ambiance..
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 10:07 am

Claudia wrote:
About the Ocean House, many people came in and out. It's logical that there aren't many goodies. Plus you don't go treasure hunting in a haunted house : in Bloodlines, the PC wants in and out as fast as they can, because it's the first big supernatural the PC encounters. Adding items there would only harm the ambiance..
Did you go to the same ocean house I did? People with a pulse don't go exploring casually in a place where pictures and telephones are getting thrown at them. The place has had a reputation of being haunted and those stupid enough to go wouldn't make it to the actual suites. I'm not trying to be snippy, I'm just giving my theory on the subject. Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 3:10 pm

A few random zombies on the graveyard can be done. Might also make the pimping quest more interesting, if you decide not to go innavoiG.
But I don't want to mess too much with the ocean house. So no rats or tresure hunting inside. Maybe some rodents and perhaps a few leftovers from Therese's construction team outside.

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 3:23 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
//...//few leftovers from Therese's construction team outside.

-geek 
Sounds like takeaway for Pisha. lol! 
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 6:35 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
A few random zombies on the graveyard can be done. Might also make the pimping quest more interesting, if you decide not to go innavoiG.
But I don't want to mess too much with the ocean house. So no rats or tresure hunting inside. Maybe some rodents and perhaps a few leftovers from Therese's construction team outside.

-geek 
Alrighty. Left overs from Terese's Construction team aye...can we sell someone's nail gun or drill? That would be cool. HA HA
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 2:01 pm

No, but you can use the welding equipment to shut Patty's big food hole... Shutting her up without killing her will give you a masquerade redemption plus humanity gain for saving the world from her nagging.lol! 

-geek 
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 4:15 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
No, but you can use the welding equipment to shut Patty's big food hole... Shutting her up without killing her will give you a masquerade redemption plus humanity gain for saving the world from her nagging.lol! 

-geek 
YEAH!!! I feel like a hero already!
Back to top Go down
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 1:00 pm

I vote for no changes to the Ocean House.

That remains one of the best levels ever conceived and executed in a video game. If anything, turn the bobcat outside back off - it ramps things up too soon and kills the slow buildup the devs had going.

Completely unrelated, but today I learned that giving the Blood Guardian in Gallery Noir decent stats and 735 health makes him one tough SOB to take down. Actually not totally unrelated, a lot of the NPC's in the game could use a bit of a boost...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 2:38 pm

mouser9169 wrote:
Agreed.

Quote :
That remains one of the best levels ever conceived and executed in a video game. If anything, turn the bobcat outside back off - it ramps things up too soon and kills the slow buildup the devs had going.
I think you're right about that thing. ...and since in plain vanilla it's called hellcat 363, I think I'll keep that skin and try to get the number right.

Quote :
Completely unrelated, but today I learned that giving the Blood Guardian in Gallery Noir decent stats and 735 health makes him one tough SOB to take down. Actually not totally unrelated, a lot of the NPC's in the game could use a bit of a boost...
That's an option only if I find a way to make it player selectable.

-geek 
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:17 pm

mouser9169 wrote:

Indeed. I remember the first time I played it I was scared shitless. It's a pity it has no replay value
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:56 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
mouser9169 wrote:

Indeed. I remember the first time I played it I was scared shitless. It's a pity it has no replay value
So true.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 8:05 pm

I actually wasn't creeped out at all. My character was not only a vampire, but also a blood mage and Therese had told me the ghost was harmless. What could possibly go wrong? Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 8:13 pm

I saw it as a form of Evil vs. Evil and was anxious to start fighting it, alas I never did.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 8:22 pm

Dragatus wrote:
I actually wasn't creeped out at all. My character was not only a vampire, but also a blood mage and Therese had told me the ghost was harmless. What could possibly go wrong? Laughing 
Yeah the ghost is completly harmless. Except when everything and the kitchen sink is thrown at your direction by an enemy you can't see.
Back to top Go down
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 5:12 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Yeah the ghost is completly harmless. Except when everything and the kitchen sink is thrown at your direction by an enemy you can't see.
That's part of what made the level so good. You weren't fighting the ghost - all the story and 'visions' were harmless. [btw: how many people thought they were going to find a head in the dryer?] Your 'opponent', if you will, was the house itself - you can't run from it, you can't fight back, all you can do is keep going and hope it doesn't kill you.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 6:20 am

The kitchen ? What about the fucking elevator !!
XD
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 8:32 am

There are real threats in there, but they didn't terrify me. Terror comes from expecting danger, but not knowing what it is. I just wandered in oblivious to the fact I could possibly be threatened and then reacted to the dangers as they appeared. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:23 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Dragatus wrote:
The sink too? What mod are you playing?scratch 
But there is one thing I absolutely have to create: A working system for rötschreck.cherry affraid 

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:25 pm

YES ROTSCHERCK BRO

I wantz Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:46 pm

Claudia wrote:
YES ROTSCHERCK BRO

I wantz Very Happy
Only problem is, we don't have willpower. So what stat to base it on? Humanity, like they use for frenzy difficulty? Stamina perhaps?

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:48 pm

You know what ? I'd link it to Intimidation, so that damned stat becomes useful for something.

edit : my reasonning is that if you're ballsy to boss people around, you don't get scared so easily...
Back to top Go down
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 6:06 pm

Claudia wrote:
YES ROTSCHERCK BRO

I wantz Very Happy
That would make getting out of Grout's place very interesting... Not sure if I really see it affecting much else though, unless you count all the barrels the bums (and thinbloods) are burning trash in. Hunters with torches and flaming crossbows that don't suck, maybe? Three or four, maybe five unanswered hits from either should bring you your Final Death. You could make them not droppable so your character can't use them...
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 10:09 pm

Hey Malkav, would it be possible to increase frenzy difficulty in the game itself? Like whenever a person was hit by aggravated damage, they would get an automatic frenzy check whenever hit with that type? And maybe modifying frenzy itself abit so that if there were people labeled as enemies, the frenzied person would kill them first before escaping to the designated exit available?

As for mechanics, technically speaking Humanity is Self-Control + Conscience, the conscious parts of the Human that subdues the Beast. If I remember of what you said on the one Humanity thing, would it also be possible to base the stat on Humanity divided by 2? So if you had 10 Humanity, you'd get a hidden stat of 5 to resist frenzy?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 2:41 pm

Saulot, the frenzy stats are instats.txt or one of the rules files. I'm not sure right now. There you can find the difficulty setting for frenzy checks, How much damage, normal or aggravated, it takes to make a frenzy check, when to make hunger checks, and how humanity influences the difficulty.

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house   zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house Empty

Back to top Go down

zombies...and extra goodies at the ocean house
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next