Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Picture of the Day

Go down 
+3
Dragatus
ThePhilosopher
Feral
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Picture of the Day - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 4:40 pm

True... but increasing taxes and fees on everything was rather unhelpful, no...? I would wager the industry was convinced to move out in major part by the constant nuisances and profit cutting taxes, as well as cheaper labor abroad. As you can hire, say, five Mexicans for one American, where would you produce things? increasing local taxes (see : New York) and micromanaging convinces to leave even those businesses that would have stayed. It is like with new York and Rhode Island tax on tobacco. In NY it is a couple times higher. Do people smoke less? No, they buy in Rhode Island. Economy finds a way... Fighting it ends in Soviet Union, i.e. acute poverty. Tried and tested.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 5:23 pm

malak wrote:

Liberals didn't kill the Motor City, they just closed the coffin. I'm not convinced that conservatives could have done any better. A handful of true economists and a social engineer or two . . . they could have saved it, but it would have required either a significant third party or the collapse of one of the major parties in the US. With the two-party system, it's too difficult for any local agent to affect enough change to combat such a trend, as one party or the other will oppose merely to oppose.

This.
The economy, national and worldwide, goes through processes in which previous industries are reduced, fragmented or simply become obsolete. While I've read nothing on Detroit in specific, as someone who studies Economics I hardly doubt it was "liberals" that caused it's problems. Foreign competition and industries moving jobs somewhere abroad seem to me the easiest answer.

Does bad management, increses in taxes and regulations help the business move away or close? Yes, ofc, but to say such a big industrial city in the US was reduced to shit just because of taxes and regulations is an extreme stretch.

EDIT: It is also worth remembering that the industry owners can and regularly do offer donations to politicians of all parties and alleged ideologies, even the left-aligned ones, in order to curry favor and pass or block legislation they desire.

Also this
Picture of the Day - Page 21 AL8D7rP_700b
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 6:59 pm

Democrats are neo-liberal at best and right-wing at worst. Neither of it really matters though cuz it's the wanton corruption in muerica which has seen to the outsourcing of jobs via such fan-favorites like NAFTA that shipped US jobs overseas where people work for slave wages. Doesn't have to do with political alignment so much as financial interests. Corporations are like that; the only politics they care about is the policies which earn them more money; whoever gets fucked over in the process be damned.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 6:32 am

I wholheartedly agree:

Picture of the Day - Page 21 ADzWywd_700b
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 6:38 am

I am confused...

Picture of the Day - Page 21 AjNXwVq_700b
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 10:07 am

"our military to fight for their country"
Yeah sure.

Also:
Picture of the Day - Page 21 Img_2010
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 1:04 pm

Is this the "I'm spending three months to make this drink right" drink?
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 1:32 pm

No, this is the "I'm spending the better part of the day brewing so it can ferment for a week and then lager for three so it's made right" drink. Imma taste this now, the cooling stank and I ran chlorine through it, so there is a possibility of this being my last message.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 2:29 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
No, this is the "I'm spending the better part of the day brewing so it can ferment for a week and then lager for three so it's made right" drink. Imma taste this now, the cooling stank and I ran chlorine through it, so there is a possibility of this being my last message.

Dear God, Jad! Be careful!
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 3:05 pm

Jad.3 wrote:

I hope you die, you homo
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 5:06 am

Gays and human too, Philo! #NoHomo

Meanwhile in HongKong:
Picture of the Day - Page 21 ADzWKMG_700b
#NoHomoAtAll

I have sined posting this...
Picture of the Day - Page 21 AjNXy38_700b
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 5:18 am

I will, Philo, just not today. Though my head thinks it's already happening.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 5:22 am

Jad.3 wrote:
I will, Philo, just not today. Though my head thinks it's already happening.

Go to Israel then. There was a great Rabbi who heald people. He even ressurected one guy, if push comes to shove.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 6:04 am

Wouldn't that be... odd?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 7:36 am

Jad.3 wrote:
Wouldn't that be... odd?

I see what you did here Laughing
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 8:17 am

Is the western wall like yahweh's telephone?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 2:04 pm

Sort of...
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 2:18 pm

I'm just going to leave this here.

Picture of the Day - Page 21 AFWOVS8
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 3:02 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Did you really want me to spurt blueberry cocktail on my laptop...?
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 4:46 pm

Blueberry cocktail? lol!
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 6:01 pm

It is height of the blueberry season here in Poland. All true Slavs love them.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 8:04 pm

You are always eating or drinking when browsing the forum and you always spit something on your computer. I am amazed it is still working.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 5:54 am

It is the opposite way round: I usually browse the forum when I have a break to eat. Prize muah time management skilzz.
As for the laptop: no worries. It is mostly waterproof. I didn't even know, then went through the specification after it was caught in the downpour.
As for the computer at the lab, we have a lot of spare keyboards left over after old computers...
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 5:14 pm

Was it a downpour of blueberry cocktail?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 5:48 pm

malak wrote:
Was it a downpour of blueberry cocktail?

Very funny... I was running home to be on time for our V5 hangout and got caught in heavy rain. Water, not blueberry or any other juice. I seriously thought my laptop was done for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picture of the Day   Picture of the Day - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Picture of the Day
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next