Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

discipline restriction

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nite
Fledgling
Fledgling
nite

discipline restriction Empty
PostSubject: discipline restriction   discipline restriction EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 7:27 am

I dunno if there will be a new update to CE but i write this down:

the obfuscate discipline should be nos-only imo drunken

malkavian memebers already have dementia+insight that unique no need to overpower them. nosferatus represented the invisible force that fear everyone for a reason so thats why i think nos should be the only clan that able to obfuscate due to the hideout nature drunken

OR

if we let them (malk) to "invisisble" than doing this by different aspect; with the madness of the bloodline would cause that others sees them as 1 of there kind so they wont attack. the malk charactar would still fully visible in that way but kept the meaning of "invisibility" by this. maybe a animation icon upper the affected characters and its all done

___

1 more thing drunken

by doing this i would make the obfuscate (level 5) more "powerful" by make it completely unnoticeable even with Aura discipline by Sabbat in the Hallwmark hotel in LA when we have to kill the leader and so on. (along with the sewer quests like tzim creatures) so completely.

also i would done this with a great cost like strength and stamina cant be higher as 2 and a potence would stay as much less time with a more exp_update system. so defense would be pain in the ass since nosferatus always avoid the frontal attack. they are the unseen force the sneak up behind and make silent kills that the enemy never knows they were there.

also since usually they avoid the social environment, rats should contain at least 3-4 point of blood and feeding on a bum the same while feeding on a healthy one should cause vomiting, just like when ventrues try to feed on bums/prosts. it would all about that they soo rarly feed healthy blood that the taste/feel so unexpected from the daily "rat-pack" that they vomit drunken this should also means where other vamps feed on humans in the quests, these maps should contain literally the same amount of rats:P

if its to complicate than vomiting with "n-1" bloodpoint. like you drink almost dry the prey with 5ponts of blood, and nosferatu vomit out 1point of blood after with no health dmg. this would be easier and still good:) almost better:D ye that would be better.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: discipline restriction   discipline restriction EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:28 am

The game already modifies how discipline works without completely changing the setting of the games' canon information.

Auspex is only meant to work on obfuscated characters that have a lower obfuscation than the auspex rating. As far as I know there were problems implementing checks in the game properly, considering a lot of NPCs would have access to 6+ disciplines then some would see your character regardless.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: discipline restriction   discipline restriction EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:44 am

Hey, nite!

About Obfuscate and Malkavians:
As I've read at the White Wolf-wiki, Obfuscate doesn't really turn your character invisible - it's somewhat similar to a mind-control discipline since it only affects people (and animals, to a certain degree I think, but can't remember that right now) - and not, for example, cameras et cetera.
And since Malkavians are known for their ability to plant illusions in mortal and immortal minds alike, I think the discipline quite fits them. (Besides, since they have it in the P&P game, it's very much unlikely that it'll be taken from them in a new CE release. After all, the game is still Vampire: The Masquerade, right?)

And then just one more short note on your idea of Nosferatu feeding:
Again with the P&P, I can't remember that the Nosferatu would have any feeding limitations. After all, that's the weakness of clan Ventrue.
But I think Nosferatu can gain more blood from rats if they use Animalism Tier 1, although I'm not quite sure that they actually have the discipline... the clan was never one for me, I suck when it comes to sneaking, even with Obfuscate. ^^,
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: discipline restriction   discipline restriction EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:47 am

Actually Animal Succulence doesn't do anything for Nosferatu, they have the discipline but it doesn't effect them because it's basically always on for them. Animal Succulence is more for Gangrel characters instead as it raises their rat feeding to 3 instead of 1. But for Nossies, it doesn't stack.

I doubt we'll see Malks get stripped of Obfuscate in future version because it is cannon that they get it. It's ultimately Childe of Malkav's choice but I don't see it happening. Just curious, what discipline do you feel would better suit the Malks in replace of Obfuscate?
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
nite
Fledgling
Fledgling
nite

PostSubject: Re: discipline restriction   discipline restriction EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 1:36 pm

Eliza wrote:
I've read at the White Wolf-wiki, Obfuscate doesn't really turn your character invisible - it's somewhat similar to a mind-control discipline since it only affects people (and animals, to a certain degree I think, but can't remember that right now) - and not, for example, cameras et cetera.
well thats interesting since at the quest of Museum where we found out that the Ankaran Sarcophagus is stolen, Obfuscate clearly play out the cameras as well drunken so it must be a way of invisibility that doesn't base on mind-control imo

Zer0Morph wrote:
Just curious, what discipline do you feel would better suit the Malks in replace of Obfuscate?
i thought something like mind-wipe (dominate) but in different aspect. it would have a moderate radius with 60sec time per each renew and those who walks in this "field" will not attack
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: discipline restriction   discipline restriction EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 2:56 pm

Considering you cannot add disciplines properly in the game it would change obfuscate for both clans that have it.

Eliza is actually correct on how the discipline is supposed to work. Just because it wasn't implemented as such in the PC game doesn't mean she is wrong. The PC game altered a fair bit on how the disciplines worked based on engine limitations and making them stupidly powerful more often than not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: discipline restriction   discipline restriction Empty

Back to top Go down

discipline restriction
Page 1 of 1