Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters

Go down 
+6
FallenRaven
Childe of Malkav
8people
PGM1961
Feral
Nezumi
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nezumi
Elder
Elder
Nezumi

More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters Empty
PostSubject: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 5:22 am

Ok, so, you get thrown into the sewers and you have to fight through a bunch of arm running little buggers. Then as you progress you end up finding the bigger ones, a three torso beast I refer to as 'mother' and a big chubby guy I call 'butcher'.

So here's the the question, how do you all fight these creatures? I'm normally melee against the arm walkers and shotgun against the bigger ones, the only time I've managed to kill the mothers without guns is with a 3 point celerity and presence, otherwise I simply can't get a hit in.

Just for the record, the mothers are called such because the first time I saw the thing my first thought was 'mother f***er!"
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 8:42 am

Get Obfuscate and you don't have to fight them at all Laughing Well, mostly...

For the crawlers melle is great. Katana or knife.

For fat guys ( Tzimisce call them Warghouls) either katana or shotgun.

Vhozd (or mothers, as you call them) you don't have to fight at all. Run and they will give up pursuing you after a corner or two. Otherwise get flamethrower, SWAT team and bunch of grenades Laughing
Only they are sort of hard to obtain. And calling police to the sewers would fall close to Masquerade breach. Sebastian wouldn't approve... Imagine the tantrum he would throw
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Nezumi
Elder
Elder
Nezumi

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:22 am

Feral wrote:
Get Obfuscate and you don't have to fight them at all Laughing Well, mostly...

For the crawlers melle is great. Katana or knife.

For fat guys ( Tzimisce call them Warghouls) either katana or shotgun.

Vhozd (or mothers, as you call them) you don't have to fight at all. Run and they will give up pursuing you after a corner or two. Otherwise get flamethrower, SWAT team and bunch of grenades Laughing
Only they are sort of hard to obtain. And calling police to the sewers would fall close to Masquerade breach. Sebastian wouldn't approve... Imagine the tantrum he would throw
Twisted Evil

unfortunately I'm of the type that likes to 'kill everything in sight!' regardless of if I get anything out of it. It's been quite an effort lately to play certain character ideas because of this, I always tend to wipe out everything if I can. Plus, you do get an extra point for the first Vhozd...

Shotgun and back-pedal seem to work, but it really wastes ammo.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:54 am

Those 'mothers' are pretty hard to kill, but it's possible. I'm like Nezumi; I try to kill everything in the sewers. Most clans have some discipline that can affect or slow the beasties, and give you a chance to hit; like Dominate, Dementation, Presence, etc. Tremere using Thaumaturgy can burn through the blood and keep firing Blood Strike, while backpedaling to keep her from hitting you. Or you can just do Blood Buff and any combat disciplines you may have, and chop her to bits -- my favorite weapon at that point in the game is the fire axe.

Yes, you'll burn blood if you do it that way, but you can chow down on rats; and when you reach a point where you can leave the sewers and make a pit stop in Hollywood, you can always find a snack down by Isaac's jewelry store, or behind the Red Spot. If you play Ventrue and rats aren't an option, well, then I resign myself to using a few blood packs in the sewers.

One addendum -- the hardest clan for me during that part of the game was Gangrel. Using Protean claws is slow enough anyway; but if you try it against one of those 'mothers', you'll never touch her. Fortitude, Blood Buff, and fire axe did the trick for me.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 11:20 am

Stab stab stab stab stab stab stab stab stab Very Happy

First thing I said when I saw the Vohzd though was "oooh!"
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:02 pm

Knife and Glock. And like PGM pointed out, weakening them with a discipline helps.

- geek
Back to top Go down
FallenRaven
Ancillae
Ancillae
FallenRaven

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 5:35 pm

Fortitude+protean>lvl 2 or the auto shotgun and the "mothers" are history Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:50 pm

I like to beat mother with a police baton to show her who's boss. Then I laugh as she throws me over the cliff telling her "I'll be back" because I can reload, while she can't.... MooooHAAAAAAA Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:30 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
I like to beat mother with a police baton to show her who's boss. Then I laugh as she throws me over the cliff telling her "I'll be back" because I can reload, while she can't.... MooooHAAAAAAA Twisted Evil

I lol'd

I like to shoot them from a distance. Magnum does the job perfectly, but other fireweapons can do the job aswell.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 3:42 am

Magnum wouldn't help you here in Germany. It's the name of an icecream... Smile

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 6:45 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Magnum wouldn't help you here in Germany. It's the name of an icecream... Smile

- geek

You could try to seduce them instead then Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:15 am

Or coat them in chocolate and put them on a stick.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 12:08 pm

8people wrote:

Chocolate-coated Tzimsce creations... I think even chocoholics would think twice about eating those.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 5:03 pm

PGM1961 wrote:
8people wrote:

Chocolate-coated Tzimsce creations... I think even chocoholics would think twice about eating those.

Uhm... Would you like to analize this chocolate thing? When exactly did it start? Ang how about the voices?

EDIT: I realized it was me to push the thread in that direction. Forget I asked. lol!
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 6:31 pm

More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters Magnum-ice-cream-thurmb-drive
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 6:46 pm

What's that? Chocolate covered Andrei on the stick? Laughing

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 7:04 pm

8people wrote:
More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters Magnum-ice-cream-thurmb-drive

WOW That looks good, can you send some of those to me from Germany?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 7:12 pm

It would probably melt away before the ship reaches America. So you'll have to make do with the Magnum gun. Cool
Sorry man, can't help you there...

- geek
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:27 pm

We have those here too. Magnum, Magnum Gold, Magnum Seven Sins, and blablabla

How come we have'em on Brazil but not on USA?

Also, on the picture it seemed small but it's HUUGE.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 3:37 am

Hm, I can see two reasons for this

- All the shops in the US belong to Wal Mart, and they don't buy it, Betty No
or
- anybody who wants to sell something with magnum in the name has to pay licence money to Sam Colt, or whoever produces the magnum gun Laughing

- geek
Back to top Go down
Nezumi
Elder
Elder
Nezumi

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:02 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:

Hey yeah, we've got those down in Australia too, poor USA, missing out on such great ice cream..
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 7:59 am

Nezumi wrote:
ThePhilosopher wrote:

Hey yeah, we've got those down in Australia too, poor USA, missing out on such great ice cream..

Well, they still have fried coke, so i think everyone is happy Razz
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 10:48 am

Fried coke!? What on earth is this?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 12:29 pm

Feral wrote:
Fried coke!? What on earth is this?
Sounds like kokain sniffed out of a frying pan drunken

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 1:02 pm

Sadly it's true, Walmart owns America and is responible for keeping China working.

But what is this fried Coke thing? Never heard of that, though I've heard of fried Twinkies!! This Tuesday is Fat Tuesday, a holiday in America, but if you looked around you'd think EVERYDAY was Fat Tuesday. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters   More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters Empty

Back to top Go down

More a Query: Fighting Sewer Monsters
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next