Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Santa Monica Diner

Go down 
+13
kyoden
aneumann01
Dragatus
Aluka
Childe of Malkav
Feral
Threefang
Claudia
Divine Shadow
Tuishimi
Shabutaro
Zer0Morph
Sarmatian
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sarmatian
Fledgling
Fledgling

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner EmptyWed May 04, 2011 3:20 pm

Ok, so Theresa sent me to the Diner and I killed the thugs in there but the police showed up. I tried running past them but I got killed as soon as walked out the door, literally in a milisecond.

After a few tries, I managed to sneak past them. I thought that was it, but even though they didn't see me coming out of the diner, they instantly recognize me on the street Shocked and shoot to kill!!! Are they going to go away anytime soon? Should I wait in the sewers or do I have to contend with them as long as I'm in the hub?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner EmptyWed May 04, 2011 5:40 pm

It should act like a normal criminal violation, give it time and stay hidden, they'll leave eventually. When they do, go to a different zone and when you come back their cars will be gone.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner EmptyWed May 04, 2011 5:46 pm

why do you all get criminal violation Oo i get in there, they shoot, i kill them, everything fine, no cops etc.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner EmptyWed May 04, 2011 6:39 pm

Shabutaro wrote:
why do you all get criminal violation Oo i get in there, they shoot, i kill them, everything fine, no cops etc.

I think it depends on if the Chef gets hurt... I'm not totally sure what controls it.
Back to top Go down
Tuishimi
Elder
Elder
Tuishimi

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: LOL!   Santa Monica Diner EmptyThu May 05, 2011 3:42 pm

Quote :
I tried running past them but I got killed as soon as walked out the door, literally in a milisecond.

I've died more times playing TFN (one character) than I've died in years of playing VTMB. Smile It is definitely more challenging, especially if you are sort of cornered and cannot maneuver.
Back to top Go down
Tuishimi
Elder
Elder
Tuishimi

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner EmptyThu May 05, 2011 3:43 pm

...and I could almost swear that whats-his-name (plague leader) reloads a lot faster than he used to and runs a lot faster and more often than he used to. Smile
Back to top Go down
Divine Shadow
Fledgling
Fledgling

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:14 pm

Tuishimi wrote:
...and I could almost swear that whats-his-name (plague leader) reloads a lot faster than he used to and runs a lot faster and more often than he used to. Smile

Yeah i know what you mean. However i love the fact that now you dont jump into that quest straight away u gotta wait until you get some new gear and such. Though my favourite thing about that Quest is Kranker's redux. Gotta love fire axe instead of them claws and aggravated damage.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:45 pm

Brother Kanker actually uses Obfuscate now too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Divine Shadow
Fledgling
Fledgling

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner EmptyThu May 05, 2011 10:30 pm

what disciplines did he use before? protean and potence? I was wondering if he is a nosferatu why was he using protean in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner EmptyFri May 06, 2011 5:27 am

Before, he used Potence and had nails doing aggravated damage (all bones do aggravated damage, and not only protean claws)

It's not because he's an ugly bastard that he is a Nosferatu, however Wink

(the Obfuscate works great though, thank god I could set him on fire, now even with obfuscate I follow the fire \o/
Back to top Go down
Threefang
Fledgling
Fledgling

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner EmptyFri May 06, 2011 10:26 am

I was always curious about Kanker's bloodline. His usage of Obfuscate caught me by surprise, had me swinging my crosshairs wildly hoping to spot the ankh symbol above his head. Had previously used the same method against the shade, must try a character with Auspex next. scratch
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:01 am

Claudia,

I didn't realize WHY Brother Kanker could do aggravated damage but if all vampire nails and bones do aggravated damage then that makes sense. I always thought his aggravated damage was a glitch because when the PC Nosferatu uses fists, he doesn't do aggravated damage.

So, I switched out his aggravated nails for an axe so it made more sense, then gave him Obfuscate along with Potence. I was thinking Animalism might be cool too but didn't want to make him too hard.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:16 am

Usually, nails don't, but well, who knows what deformities he could have had, it could be his finger bones being deformed by the curse.

Tzimisce molding their bodies to make their bone-ey weapons do aggravated damage too Wink

Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner EmptyFri May 06, 2011 12:03 pm

Claudia wrote:
Usually, nails don't, but well, who knows what deformities he could have had, it could be his finger bones being deformed by the curse.

Tzimisce molding their bodies to make their bone-ey weapons do aggravated damage too Wink

Ahhh I see.... Well, giving him the Axe takes care of any possible problems with Aggravated damage. I figured if this guy uses Potence and Obfuscate, Protean-style claws was a bit over the top whether they were Tzimisce made talons or not. So I took them out. Smile
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner EmptyFri May 06, 2011 12:35 pm

You did well Smile
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner EmptyFri May 06, 2011 2:55 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Claudia wrote:

Ahhh I see.... Well, giving him the Axe takes care of any possible problems with Aggravated damage. I figured if this guy uses Potence and Obfuscate, Protean-style claws was a bit over the top whether they were Tzimisce made talons or not. So I took them out. Smile

Nosferatu trying to look worse, courtuasy of a Tzimisce fleshcrafter... Heresy lol!
But wait, the Curse of Nosferatu, leavied by [Tzimisce], the Founder., whatever his true name was, not by Cain, btw; prevents any lasting Viccisitude induced enhancements on Nosferatu, right? So Kanker must have gained them during his Becoming.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:26 pm

Hey, GM rule, "shut up it's magic" Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner EmptySat May 07, 2011 4:06 am

Claudia wrote:

Hey GM, you shut up. I'm a 36th level elven Archmage. So if it were magic, i'd know about it... Razz

To be serious, I don't care why he could do aggravated damage in the first place, but I think making him use obfuscate and potence along with a melee weapon is a good idea.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner EmptySat May 07, 2011 6:53 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Claudia wrote:

Hey GM, you shut up. I'm a 36th level elven Archmage. So if it were magic, i'd know about it... Razz

To be serious, I don't care why he could do aggravated damage in the first place, but I think making him use obfuscate and potence along with a melee weapon is a good idea.

- geek

And quite deadly... My poor, poor Salubri pacifist... Too bad you can't heal him, that is something my char could do. Wait, why not actually? Salubri could technically do such things. Ideas, anyone?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:28 am

I don't know about healing him. He'd probably run strait to Bishop Vick to get his infection back.
And then, you'll meet both of them at one place Twisted Evil

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner EmptySat May 07, 2011 7:17 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I don't know about healing him. He'd probably run strait to Bishop Vick to get his infection back.
And then, you'll meet both of them at one place Twisted Evil

- geek

Why not to heal all the Plaguebearers, then? Obeah could heal both body and soul, after all. Only the Zombies would be a little late for the teraphy... Well, maybe consueling would help them. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner EmptySat May 07, 2011 7:23 pm

Counseling the zombies? Shocked
The brainless man has no need for a shrink... clown

- geek
Back to top Go down
Aluka
Fledgling
Fledgling

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner EmptyThu May 19, 2011 3:47 pm

I tried that part of the game three times, unfortunately it never wuite worked the way it was supposed to Neutral
Once I triggered the police rallying around the diner - but they wouldn't stop looking for me after I got away. I hid in the sewers (and was really surprised seeing cops down there ^^ Are those new? It never happened to me before, and I loved it! Smile ) and waited like 10 minutes, but police wouldn't stop hunting me, I couldn't walk the streets, wasn't allowed to enter buildings...
So I reloaded, killed all the thugs just like before - but the cops didn't show up. Well, I was glad to have finished it without getting stuck again.
My second character was not able to trigger the encounter with the police at all. Pity, I liked the idea a lot.
Back to top Go down
Tuishimi
Elder
Elder
Tuishimi

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:14 pm

Aluka wrote:
So I reloaded

You know, I never had to save with the regular VTMB like I do with TFN. And because of that I often forget, and end up dying and having to go back 3 steps in the gameplay. So I am trying very hard to save save save after every tough round. I just got to the hunters' stronghold and got wasted. Actually I was doing well until I tripped the explosives chasing a hunter into a room. Thankfully I saved at the start, tho' I wish I had saved as I entered the building because it took me awhile to get in there.

It's taking me forever to get through the game this time! Very Happy I have to admit that while it can be frustrating, it is a lot more challenging than the original game and I find myself having to use a lot more strategy and cunning.
Back to top Go down
Aluka
Fledgling
Fledgling

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:27 pm

Yeah, you're absolutely right about that Very Happy More and stronger opponents force you to be more... creative than before. And more cautious. The Masquerade system for example. Having hunters hide in dark alleys and attack you with a knife when you didn't even recognize them as hunters. Or, even meaner, standing at a street corner in Chinatown, taking cover between the innocent citizens, and shooting at the PC without a warning of any kind. You just walk the streets, hear that sound you think you know from somewhere and re hit already - and when you look around you cannot even find the bitch that shot you Laughing

Oh well, I think I drifted off-topic Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Santa Monica Diner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner Empty

Back to top Go down

Santa Monica Diner
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next