Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Santa Monica Diner

Go down 
+13
kyoden
aneumann01
Dragatus
Aluka
Childe of Malkav
Feral
Threefang
Claudia
Divine Shadow
Tuishimi
Shabutaro
Zer0Morph
Sarmatian
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tuishimi
Elder
Elder
Tuishimi

Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Not only that...   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:31 pm

But I lose humanity a lot more... the club in Chinatown... I lost 3 humanity points in there!!! I ended up having to spend XP to buy back humanity.
Back to top Go down
Tuishimi
Elder
Elder
Tuishimi

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:17 pm

Finally finished with my Salubri, btw!!!! I went Anarch. That was the longest, hardest game of VTM I've ever played. There were times where I had to stop because I kept dying and would get frustrated.

Now I am trying a Baali. But I might cheat a little in this game because of how long it took me to play the last!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:06 am

Funny thing happened today. I did the diner shootout with my Ishtarri twice. First time I used my glock, second time the knife. In both attempts no cops outside, even though I know I hit the cook with the knife.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:42 am

This turned into a great thread! I love reading about people's experiences with TFN, it really helps what I did right and what I did wrong.

I'm playing an Osebo right now for my first run through (believe it or not I've never played TFN) and I'm having a blast with him! I decided to specialize in Blood Buff but plan on using Potence and Bloodheal alot later in the game too. He's a melee kindred who solely uses the sledgehammer. I just got to Brother Kanker and he made me frenzy twice during the fight. Fortunately both times he had me dead in one more hit and he disappeared which saved me, I'd have to run off and heal then fight him again. He was insanely HARD! But fun, got my blood boiling in a good way!

It's funny, I've done the diner quest many times with TFN 1.0 and 1.1 and the cops ALWAYS get summoned for me. I'm not sure what you guys are doing but I can't seem to ever keep the cops from coming, they always show up. I dunno on that one, can't fix something that ain't broken (for me at least).

Either way, TFN 1.1 is definitely much tougher but more fun, I like the challenge. I've gotten up to Masquerade Violation 2 already making the new population a total success. Feeding is much tougher now which I like.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:04 pm

Today I noticed that renaming the diner from "Surfside" to "Sunrise" has caused some inconsistencies. Lily's journal still refers to it as the Surfside but even more importantly Therese does the same in her dialogue.
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:38 pm

Dragatus wrote:
Today I noticed that renaming the diner from "Surfside" to "Sunrise" has caused some inconsistencies. Lily's journal still refers to it as the Surfside but even more importantly Therese does the same in her dialogue.

Gosh I've played TFN going on 6 times now and I've never took note of that. I get caught up in the game a little too much that I miss the small stuff. When Therese discusses going to the diner all I can hear is the voice in my head saying. "Common lets make someone BLEED!!!!: Smile I don't listen to her blather anymore anyways. She always bugged me.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 6:27 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Either way, TFN 1.1 is definitely much tougher but more fun, I like the challenge. I've gotten up to Masquerade Violation 2 already making the new population a total success. Feeding is much tougher now which I like.
Yep it definitely is harder. But since knife and Glock are my preferred weapons, I like that I can get them very early in the game without having to kill a cop, or getting caught feeding in public. With my Ishtarri I had to use the gun rather than the knife quite often.
Brother Kanker seems to be easier to fight since he doesn't inflict aggravated damage anymore. At least, that's my impression.
And while the more crowded streets make it harder to feed unseen, they offer more opportunities. Santa Monica especially is very good fast food country now. Just wait around with the crowd outside the Asylum for a few seconds, and somebody will go for a piss. And being caught there is rather improbable, because most of the pissers only mind their own business Laughing
You just have to know the right place and you can easily find a snack Twisted Evil Admittedly not in chinatown, which was always crowded a lot more than other parts of town, but there are alternatives to the streets... Red Dragon hostess, Lotus Blossom girls, the hot tub guy in Lotos Blossom... Lots of good food just waiting around to be tasted.

- geek
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:28 pm

I would position a ganger here and there which are stationary thugs maybe behind the piss station. Some shady dealers (maybe later a quest for larry/jimmy). Would be stylish and some locations need some "feeding" fixes.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:32 am

Dragatus wrote:

I will take a look and see what's going on. I can make any changes needed and may have to do some sound cutting.

kyoden wrote:
I would position a ganger here and there which are stationary thugs maybe behind the piss station. Some shady dealers (maybe later a quest for larry/jimmy). Would be stylish and some locations need some "feeding" fixes.

Are some of the feeding areas a bit too easy now? I can revisit those and patch up anything that is super easy for 1.2.
Back to top Go down
buzzsaw
Ancillae
Ancillae
buzzsaw

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 12:59 pm

As far as I can recall, Therese and the newscaster are the only instances where there is a sound file using the Surfside Diner. Lily's journal would be easy to fix at least. In game I just pretend that it was renamed at some point and some people have a hard time remembering it! That, or they're just plain wrong. Sometimes I even get into it. "Uh, you mean the Sunrise Diner? Sheesh."

I noticed that people can hear better! If I fed on the older guy who stops for a smoke at the end of the street in Santa Monica, a red jacket guy would hear me even when he was by the bus stop! Boom, cops. One time he was in battle stance (trying to circle me and everything) even after the cops lost interest. I fed on him and he stayed in a fear stance while shouting, "Hey! Stop, man!" Rolling Eyes I just walked away.

Ahh, it's so hard to feed now! It feels like hunting. Twisted Evil I love it.

I will say that it's harder scrounging up money but there's also more things to spend it on!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:27 pm

HAHA Awesome feedback Buzzsaw! Yeah, I got my Haggle up to 6 and now I only pay $20 for hookers and they give a decent amount of blood. I used to NEVER pay for hookers but after getting 2 Masquerade Violations for hunting in town, I decided it was better just to pay for warm blood instead of taking it. I know if you have a Haggle 9 or 10 the price drops to $5 for a hooker... NOT BAD!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:59 pm

I find that in Santa Monica it's pretty easy to get free blood from the prostitute outside the parking garage. Wait until there are no cops nearby and then punch her in the face. The bums won't report any criminal violations and she will run into the parking garage, away from witnesses. Then all I have to do is run after her and activate Blood of the Sinner. Twisted Evil

Unfortunately, the trick stopped working when I increased my Strength and Brawl because I now do so much damage that a punch instantly kills her. Sad

I also find that having 1 masquerade violation is actually beneficial because it means free snacks start showing up in dark alleys. But if you go higher than that, the snacks start to become bad for your health. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
buzzsaw
Ancillae
Ancillae
buzzsaw

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 3:27 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
HAHA Awesome feedback Buzzsaw! Yeah, I got my Haggle up to 6 and now I only pay $20 for hookers and they give a decent amount of blood. I used to NEVER pay for hookers but after getting 2 Masquerade Violations for hunting in town, I decided it was better just to pay for warm blood instead of taking it. I know if you have a Haggle 9 or 10 the price drops to $5 for a hooker... NOT BAD!! Smile

I just found out that it's only 5 bucks! I used to be so frustrated with the haggle/pricing system, but it's fun now.

Dragatus wrote:
I find that in Santa Monica it's pretty easy to get free blood from the prostitute outside the parking garage. Wait until there are no cops nearby and then punch her in the face. The bums won't report any criminal violations and she will run into the parking garage, away from witnesses. Then all I have to do is run after her and activate Blood of the Sinner. Twisted Evil

Unfortunately, the trick stopped working when I increased my Strength and Brawl because I now do so much damage that a punch instantly kills her. Sad

I get loads of Violations from breaking the law around bums! The bums in my town are snitches. ;^;

I should not find that as funny as I do, but damned if I haven't punched someone and accidentally killed them loads of times. Usually I just want them to move or run down an alley, but then they go flying and I'm left there like D8
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:29 pm

Try never to get a second violation near the Last Round. That happened to me today. I had instantly two crossbows levelled at me. Only chance was to draw back into the alley that leads behind the Last Round. And the instant I took out my Glock to deal with them, I got a criminal, and had at once cops front and back...

As I stated before, hunting has become both, harder and easier at the same time. More people out means more prey in good positions, but also more risk of someone else turning up. And that means either masquerade or criminal violation, sometimes both.

Zer0, what do you think of delaying the hunter's appearance, or having an alternative spawning point, if a violation takes place near the usual spawning point for the hunters of this masquerade level. It is a bit weird if you get a masquerade violation, and suddenly hunters appear out of thin air. They are supposed to fight the supernatural, not be it themselves Cool

- geek
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:52 pm

Quote :
Zer0, what do you think of delaying the hunter's appearance, or having an alternative spawning point, if a violation takes place near the usual spawning point for the hunters of this masquerade level. It is a bit weird if you get a masquerade violation, and suddenly hunters appear out of thin air. They are supposed to fight the supernatural, not be it themselves

+1
That excactly happened to me as well during testing. Kinda thought it was a bug then.

------------

A thug here and there would be cool to regulate some feeding hotspots (as well as different/higher perception areas to increase more randomness/variation how some areas are save and some not.
Back to top Go down
buzzsaw
Ancillae
Ancillae
buzzsaw

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:27 pm

I've only gotten a Masquerade Violation by a spawning point once, I think. Gave me a damn heart attack, I can tell you, having the guy right under my nose a second after I'd messed up. If the spawning was delayed it would feel more like they're investigating because of your lack of discretion and less like they can teleport at whim.
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 1:13 am

buzzsaw wrote:
I've only gotten a Masquerade Violation by a spawning point once, I think. Gave me a damn heart attack, I can tell you, having the guy right under my nose a second after I'd messed up. If the spawning was delayed it would feel more like they're investigating because of your lack of discretion and less like they can teleport at whim.

Well it's obvious what happened. The hunter was around the corner making out with a hooker and they heard something like a dog chewing on a bone so they went to see what it was and there you were. :0)
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:22 am

For ww, the hunters o the game hunter the reckoning have supernatural powers Wink
It's not jut true faith too...
Back to top Go down
buzzsaw
Ancillae
Ancillae
buzzsaw

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:40 am

aneumann01 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Well it's obvious what happened. The hunter was around the corner making out with a hooker and they heard something like a dog chewing on a bone so they went to see what it was and there you were. :0)

I couldn't help it! I was starving! Running this way and that for the Prince would make anyone toss etiquette out the window. Razz And while we're on the subject, napkins be damned!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 5:14 am

aneumann01 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I my case that couldn't have ben the case, because I was chewing on the local hooker's neck (without paying).
And why would he have a hunter chick along, if he wanted to make out with a hooker?

- geek
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:48 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
aneumann01 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I my case that couldn't have ben the case, because I was chewing on the local hooker's neck (without paying).
And why would he have a hunter chick along, if he wanted to make out with a hooker?

- geek

ahh did you check her for hickies when you sliced her throat cause they're were probably dating and took a quick break in the alley. Ya know Bach probably frowns on relationships among the ranks so they were hiding in the shadows with their love. :0)
Back to top Go down
buzzsaw
Ancillae
Ancillae
buzzsaw

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 12:43 pm

aneumann01 wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

- geek

ahh did you check her for hickies when you sliced her throat cause they're were probably dating and took a quick break in the alley. Ya know Bach probably frowns on relationships among the ranks so they were hiding in the shadows with their love. :0)

Sad I'm learning so much about my hated enemy. They love! They feel! Just like I don't.
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 1:14 pm

buzzsaw wrote:
aneumann01 wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

- geek

Sad I'm learning so much about my hated enemy. They love! They feel! Just like I don't.

Don't feel bad. The fact that they're vampire hunters means they don't have a life and stick their noses in places that get that nose chopped off. It's the natural order of things. :-)
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:13 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Zer0, what do you think of delaying the hunter's appearance, or having an alternative spawning point, if a violation takes place near the usual spawning point for the hunters of this masquerade level. It is a bit weird if you get a masquerade violation, and suddenly hunters appear out of thin air. They are supposed to fight the supernatural, not be it themselves Cool

- geek

Honestly, I'll probably need your help in making that dream come alive. The reason I didn't do it in the first place was because I didn't know how and it honestly didn't bother me that being in the wrong place at the wrong time doing the wrong thing could possibly bring ALOT of heat down on me quickly.

Like someone else said about messing up once and next thing I know a hunter is attacking me damn near gave me a heart attack... See I think that's kind've cool, LOL.

I got a masquerade violation outside of Asylum so I ran behind the building in that alley and got ambushed by that hunter chick, scared the shit out of me, it was awesome! Then another time I walked out of the Blood Bank door and guess who is standing there looking down the alley w/ her knife drawn, but looking the opposite direction of me, HAHA! I made a quick meal out of her, another random but fantastic moment in TFN! Smile
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Something like that happened to my Baali. After blowing up the warehouse I was a bit short on blood and thinking were I should hunt. But then just as I came around a corner, there she was, looking in the other direction and free of humanity loss. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Santa Monica Diner
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: The Final Nights Forum :: Ask a Question-
Jump to: