Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Santa Monica Diner

Go down 
+13
kyoden
aneumann01
Dragatus
Aluka
Childe of Malkav
Feral
Threefang
Claudia
Divine Shadow
Tuishimi
Shabutaro
Zer0Morph
Sarmatian
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Santa Monica Diner - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 6:23 pm

After thinking a bit more about it, I believe a different spawning point nearby is better than delaying the spawn. The reason is that the character might leave the map before the hunters are spawned, if we delay it.
I don't think it would be too difficult. I'll have a look into the files tomorrow.

- geek
Back to top Go down
buzzsaw
Ancillae
Ancillae
buzzsaw

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:53 am

aneumann01 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Sad I'm learning so much about my hated enemy. They love! They feel! Just like I don't.

Don't feel bad. The fact that they're vampire hunters means they don't have a life and stick their noses in places that get that nose chopped off. It's the natural order of things. :-)

Ha! Good point. They deserve everything they get. Twisted Evil

Ah, maybe I was wrong about the hunters. I mean, it does make sense that they'd be snooping around and spying on people. After all, why would they only be concentrating on outing the Hollywood vamps? They'd probably be spread out in other areas, especially Downtown, since they know who Lacroix is.

Like aneumann said, they are always sticking their noses in places that get them chopped off. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:58 pm

Zer0, check your email, I sent you a testversion for delaying hunter spawning, including "safety catch" if the player leaves the map.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 12:18 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Zer0, check your email, I sent you a testversion for delaying hunter spawning, including "safety catch" if the player leaves the map.

- geek

I just got it man thanks! I'll try to run some tests on it tomorrow morning and see how it operates. It looks like you've had some good success with it so I'm excited to see how it works. If all goes well, this will definitely be in TFN 1.2!
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
ShadowSeer
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 2:03 pm

Hi there. Just started playing TFN and I'm running into this problem too. I'm playing a Setite.

I go in, duck behind the trash cans for cover, pop Blood Heal, and proceed to drop the thugs easily with my Glock. Two shots is all it takes for each one. I go to answer the phone... and the cops show up literally two seconds after the fight ends. I get summarily shredded as soon as I try to leave the diner.

Is it possible to alter this encounter to give a little lead time between the end of the fight and the police showing up? I don't mind that taking too long gives you a Criminal Violation, but having them show up almost instantly is kind of ridiculous IMO.
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 11:59 pm

ShadowSeer wrote:
Hi there. Just started playing TFN and I'm running into this problem too. I'm playing a Setite.

I go in, duck behind the trash cans for cover, pop Blood Heal, and proceed to drop the thugs easily with my Glock. Two shots is all it takes for each one. I go to answer the phone... and the cops show up literally two seconds after the fight ends. I get summarily shredded as soon as I try to leave the diner.

Is it possible to alter this encounter to give a little lead time between the end of the fight and the police showing up? I don't mind that taking too long gives you a Criminal Violation, but having them show up almost instantly is kind of ridiculous IMO.

Usually when the cook gets shot or dies, this spawns the cops. Most of the time I sneak out with invisibility. Walk out the door invisible. Sneak around the on lookers and cops. You shouldn't need a super high invisibility feat to sneak past them. A level two should do.

Back to top Go down
ShadowSeer
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:39 am

aneumann01 wrote:
Usually when the cook gets shot or dies, this spawns the cops. Most of the time I sneak out with invisibility. Walk out the door invisible. Sneak around the on lookers and cops.  You shouldn't need a super high invisibility feat to sneak past them. A level two should do.

That's ultimately how I got out. I was lucky to even have enough XP to get level 2 Obfuscate, as I had been mostly working on skills.

On the bright side, Obfuscate makes Traffik a lot easier. Razz

But yeah, if something is happening to the cook, then it's the thugs doing it. I'm only shooting at them. That's still kind of problematic, though, because it basically forces the player to "hedge their bet" by spending XP on things they don't necessarily want just to protect themselves from AI screw-ups.
Back to top Go down
BadRoad
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 11:47 pm

I'm pretty sure the cops only get called if the cook sees you attack the thugs. At least, that's when they get called on me.

Which is why I think the cook is in on the ambush. If the thugs can't kill you, the cook can at least call the cops on you, and maybe they'll kill you. Notice the cashier isn't there? He sent her outside because he knew what was about to go down.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 12:54 pm

BadRoad wrote:
I'm pretty sure the cops only get called if the cook sees you attack the thugs.  At least, that's when they get called on me.

Which is why I think the cook is in on the ambush.  If the thugs can't kill you, the cook can at least call the cops on you, and maybe they'll kill you.  Notice the cashier isn't there?  He sent her outside because he knew what was about to go down.
Could be so. It is a World of Darkness, after all. Or the cashier happened to go to little girls' room and the cook called the cops because he had a gunfight in a diner.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 1:28 pm

Or someone in the street heard the shooting and thougt even if the food they serve tastes worse'n a Mac D... hamburger, it's no reason to shoot the cook. Or the patroling cop called for reinforcements.
Could even have been Therese/Jeanette, just to make sure. This is the World of Paranoia after all.

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Arizael
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 2:21 pm

In my humble opinion, i think the Hunter that spawns on first violation is actualy beneficial for the player. When i failed feeding in Santa Monica, my meele 1 Salubri was still able to beat the lonely chick that jumped on my back, with mighty knife. And police did help her. When the player gets more xp, the hunter will become welcomed blood source.

It is also kidna weird from roleplaying perspective - newborn vampire does something stupid - and in lightspeed he gets hunter on his tail. If only ambulances were that fast...

Getting (perhaps even stronger) hunters on 2nd violation would feel more natural as group will be always dangerous. And having already done something bad in the past would feel like they are chasing you for some time already.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 1:42 pm

Los Angeles is already rife with hunters and suspicion because of LaCroix. It's not until you do something stupid and violate the masquerade that the hunters will jump on you. As far as the first hunter in SM being beneficial to the player, well I can say that at lower levels my kindred has been killed numerous times by that chick so I have to disagree. At later levels, yes, she's easy for most kindred. Maybe I just suck at fighting her.  Sad 
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Diner   Santa Monica Diner - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Santa Monica Diner
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3