Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I got it working!

Go down 
+3
Feral
Helm
Childe of Malkav
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

I got it working! Empty
PostSubject: I got it working!   I got it working! EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Hey, I really did it. I can play the tutorial now without Mr Smiling always looking over my shoulders and giving orders. cheers
Of course I still have to iron out some minor problems. Well, the guys from the cutscene where the pc gets mashinegunned, and Jack "checks things out from topside" just standing there and waiting for the pc to kill them is probably not so minor.
I really have to find a way to get the Sabbat guys hostile and a bit more perceptive, without interfering with the normal behaviour of the tutorial.

I'll keep you updated on this.

- pirat
Back to top Go down
Helm
Neonate
Neonate
Helm

I got it working! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got it working!   I got it working! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 1:50 am

Awesome I am so sick of that tutorial now I just use console commands to get stuff ie lock picks and xp and tell Jack Sparrow to skip it
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

I got it working! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got it working!   I got it working! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:14 am

Wonderful. I'm so tired of the tutorial... But how is the PC supposed to learn about his new condition? It was basically Jack's role to fill the PC in on minor details like fire, sunlight, crosses, running water, french benefits for joining the club...?
Back to top Go down
Nosferatu's Childe
Elder
Elder
Nosferatu's Childe

I got it working! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got it working!   I got it working! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:59 am

Feral wrote:
Wonderful. I'm so tired of the tutorial... But how is the PC supposed to learn about his new condition? It was basically Jack's role to fill the PC in on minor details like fire, sunlight, crosses, running water, french benefits for joining the club...?

"French" benefits?....that was a joke right.

I kinda like the tutorial, it let's you kill sabbat before you are even strong, it allows you to test your sneak abilities and your disciplines.
The part when the sheriff kills the three sabbat guys is a bit to loud compared to the rest of the scenes but that's it, the tutorial didn't have that many things to correct, did it?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

I got it working! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got it working!   I got it working! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:16 am

Did someone mention me ? Oo

Most CE players know the tutorial by heart and don't read it, skip jack's dialogue, hit the clic to skip the info on how to jump, open doors and hack.. But we still want the lockpick, the 2 xp and being friends with jack :-D
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

I got it working! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got it working!   I got it working! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:03 pm

It seems to run on an acceptable level now. I have killed off some of the environmental effects, if you play the tutorial as a normal level without Jack or some bloody popup screen telling you what to do next. But at least the Sabbat guys will notice you now, and react accordingly. cheers The hardest part was getting the first guy you have to stealth kill stand still in the real tutorial, but be able to look around and notice the player if you play it as a regular level.
Additionally, either way you may keep the peacemaker now without the need for Persuasion. Plus you have the chance to also get a knife.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Daris
Fledgling
Fledgling
Daris

I got it working! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got it working!   I got it working! EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 4:19 pm

Yay! Knives! More stuff to sell at the beginning, [or just before you get another knife...]
Back to top Go down
Ragnos
Neonate
Neonate
Ragnos

I got it working! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got it working!   I got it working! EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 7:17 am

awesomeness! Extra stuff is always fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I got it working! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got it working!   I got it working! Empty

Back to top Go down

I got it working!
Page 1 of 1