Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

C.E 1.1 not working.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vincenoir138
Fledgling
Fledgling

C.E 1.1 not working. Empty
PostSubject: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Hello, I am having a problem with C.E, I did a fresh install on VTMB's and I installed C.E 1.1 and it only shows 1.0 when i start my game any idea's what it could be?
Back to top Go down
Walking Shadow
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:16 pm

now this could just be me.. but the installer that came with CE didnt install CE corectly to my VtMB folder... so what i did was installed CE to my desktop and merged the folders together (ie: Vampire, Bin, ect.)....... that did the trick....and now the game runs 1.1 just fine.

maybe that will solve your problem.....worth a shot at least.
Back to top Go down
Vincenoir138
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Sadly that didnt work:[ its still showing up as C.E 1.0. I downloaded the 1.1 from filesend thats up on planetvampire.com any other ideas that might help?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 11:25 pm

Hey Vince, welcome to the site...

If you are still showing up as CE 1.0 during character creation, then...

1. You still have an old copy of CE 1.0 on your machine. This could be from uninstalling Bloodlines but not wiping out the old CE 1.0 files. If this is the case I would uninstall Bloodlines, then delete the \Vampire - Bloodlines\ folder, and anything in it. Then reinstall Bloodlines and apply CE 1.1 on top of it.

2. You accidently downloaded and installed CE 1.0 in the first place thinking you installed CE 1.1. I'd double check the file you grabbed, it should be clearly marked depending on where you got it.

As far as the above post about it not installing to the proper directory. The CE series installs by default to the Retail CD installation for Windows XP. That is the copy I have so thats what I use. Having Vista or Win7 (or even XP 64) will most likely change the path -OR- you are not installing from the Retail CDs instead downloading the game from Steam or Direct2Drive. If that is the case the root \Vampire - Bloodlines\ path would also be different.

It's just a matter or pointing the CE installer to the \Vampire - Bloodlines\ folder.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Walking Shadow
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:35 am

while i do not deny what you say is true,

i did change the directory in the installer to the correct path... i noticed something was wrong when i was reading the thread about changing how long it takes for the blood in your bank to deplete.....
upon looking at the vamputil.py file ( i think thats the one )..... i could not find the part of the text where you change it...... i then compared it to a vamputil.py file that i installed on my desktop...... and there it was... right at the top of the file...... i then merged a vampire file on my desktop to the one in my game directory ... and everything worked the way it was supposed to....... no more healing from feeding...( that was my first clue ... the file was my second)

maybe i pushed a wrong button somewhere ........
or my comp is conspiring against me...
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:52 am

HAHA! Because many computers conspire against my coworkers I have a job as tech support! Smile

Glad to hear you got it working either way... But ya thats strange...
Back to top Go down
Vincenoir138
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 2:38 pm

Hey Zeno I tried what you said earlier and I still have the same problem. Im installing 1.1 and when I load up the game it shows as 1.0 still:[
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 3:34 pm

Vincenoir138 wrote:
Hey Zeno I tried what you said earlier and I still have the same problem. Im installing 1.1 and when I load up the game it shows as 1.0 still:[

If you uninstalled Bloodlines, then went into explorer and deleted the \activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\ directory completely getting rid of the game AND any mods, then reinstalled Bloodlines and installed CE 1.1 on top of it, then it's literally impossible to see 1.0.

You aren't doing something right if you're still seeing 1.0.

All I can say is do the above mentioned, re-download CE 1.1, I dunno I'm out of options. I'm not there with you so I can't tell you what you're missing. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Vincenoir138
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 3:37 pm

Thanks I'll try it again and let you know in 10 minutes affraid
Back to top Go down
Vincenoir138
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:22 pm

-_- I did everything you asked and when i installed 1.1 it shows as 1.0 on my game character screen >:{
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:48 pm

Vincenoir138 wrote:
-_- I did everything you asked and when i installed 1.1 it shows as 1.0 on my game character screen >:{

You're killing me smalls.... lol!

What happens when you try to install CE? Does it throw up a large wallpaper that takes up your whole screen then makes you click on next, next, etc.... and then lets you read the manual afterwards, or does it pop up a tiny little message about going to our website then it goes straight into the install?

Also I just had a thought, if you ARE installing CE 1.1 then you probably aren't directing it to the right install path. I assume you were playing CE 1.0 so you're not overwriting it.... but wait you said you completely got rid of everything... ok nevermind that then...

Only I can tell you is you are installing CE 1.0, not CE 1.1, because if you got rid of everything properly then it's impossible to see CE 1.0 if you're installing CE 1.1.

Try this, uninstall everything again, manually delete the folders in explorere. Reinstall Bloodlines and play it, see what it says in the character creation menu. Make sure it doesn't say CE anywhere, CE should be gone at this point. Make sure everything checks out, if it does, then install CE. If you see CE 1.0 then you installed CE 1.0, if it says CE 1.1 then you're good.
Back to top Go down
Vincenoir138
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:55 pm

lol for sure. yeah the install is normal, comes up with the large wallpaper and it says 1.1 i installed it to the normal path that its set on. it worked with 1.0. it installs normally and then when i run it it'll say 1.0 when it should be 1.1.

im downloading another 1.1 soo i'll see if that works.

i'll try what you said thanks!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:45 pm

Next post you make I hope it's a "It's Fixed!" affraid
Back to top Go down
Vincenoir138
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 2:26 am

Nope, still says its 1.0 -_-
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 4:04 am

Vincenoir138 wrote:
Nope, still says its 1.0 -_-

What did the character sheet say when you checked it after the reinstall of Bloodlines but before the install of CE?
Back to top Go down
Vincenoir138
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 2:35 pm

It was blank didnt say anything. Just the normal VTMB, and I dont have any other mods, I only use wesps patches and your C.E.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 3:35 pm

Vincenoir138 wrote:
It was blank didnt say anything. Just the normal VTMB, and I dont have any other mods, I only use wesps patches and your C.E.

Don't use anything but CE, CE 1.1 comes with UP 6.5 already in it.

But anyways, ok so you checked and it was the normal Bloodlines 1.0 character sheet, it wasn't changed at all, then you installed just CE 1.1 and it said CE 1.0?

Thats literally impossible, you have to be installing CE 1.0 because CE 1.1 can't say 1.0...
Back to top Go down
Vincenoir138
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 4:20 pm

yeah I tried again just installing 1.1 and it'll just show 1.0 on character screen. I've downloaded 1.1 so many times lol I guess I'll just wait for 1.2 Smile
Back to top Go down
Walking Shadow
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:29 pm

it says 1.0, right? when you feed do you gain any health back?

if my memory serves me correct, in 1.0 you gained a little bit of health and in 1.1 you do not gain any....correct?

check and see if you gain health when feeding....

I dont know how it will help, but maybe it will lead to some kind of discovery....
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:29 pm

Walking Shadow wrote:
it says 1.0, right? when you feed do you gain any health back?

if my memory serves me correct, in 1.0 you gained a little bit of health and in 1.1 you do not gain any....correct?

check and see if you gain health when feeding....

I dont know how it will help, but maybe it will lead to some kind of discovery....

You are correct walking shadow.... Also check the character sheet, can you upgrade Blood Heal? You can upgrade Blood Heal in CE 1.1 but not CE 1.0.
Back to top Go down
Walking Shadow
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:45 pm

perhaps that will tell us if it is just simply a script error...i think anyway... Smile
Back to top Go down
Vincenoir138
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 2:47 am

Nope theres no blood buff for 4th disc or new histories.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 3:29 am

Vincenoir138 wrote:
Nope theres no blood buff for 4th disc or new histories.

Then your not installing CE 1.1 bro. Double and Triple check the path you are using during the install. Also check your source on where you're downloading it from, are you downloading it from a site we provide? It should be 295MB in size, not 250MB.
Back to top Go down
Vincenoir138
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:29 pm

Trust me I know what im doing to install it, but all im getting is 1.0 idk if the file i have is corrupted but i've downloaded a fuck load of them and i get the same shit. I know its 1.1 cause thats what it says when I download them from your site. I know its 295 it says its 1.1 during the install and when the game plays its 1.0. So idk what to do.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 7:38 pm

Vincenoir138 wrote:
Trust me I know what im doing to install it, but all im getting is 1.0 idk if the file i have is corrupted but i've downloaded a fuck load of them and i get the same shit. I know its 1.1 cause thats what it says when I download them from your site. I know its 295 it says its 1.1 during the install and when the game plays its 1.0. So idk what to do.

I'm not sure what else to tell you then. Only thing I can think of is that you aren't directing the path to the right Vampire- Bloodlines folder. Are you using a steam download or Retail CDs?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: C.E 1.1 not working.   C.E 1.1 not working. Empty

Back to top Go down

C.E 1.1 not working.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next