Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Two Ideas For Mods

Go down 
+2
Feral
Paulie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Paulie
Fledgling
Fledgling

Two Ideas For Mods Empty
PostSubject: Two Ideas For Mods   Two Ideas For Mods EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 9:27 pm

Hi, New Guy here.

I am a huge fan of Vampire: The Masquerade, and I am dying to play VTMB after seeing videos of it on YT, and after hearing about Team Camarilla's modding efforts, I want it even more, and I'm intending to buy the main game off of Amazon soon.

With that being said, I'm not a programmer or modder, though I'd like to learn more about modding and programming in general.

I had two ideas for mods. One is called Wrath of the Black Hand and the other is called The Hunters Hunted. One draws from the clans described in the dreaded Dirty Secrets of the True Black Hand, though not from the ridiculous stuff such as the Tzimisce Antediluvian being an alien virus, it also draws from Dark Alliance: Vancouver and modernized versions of the Dark Ages bloodline known as the Wu Zao. While Dark Alliance: Vancouver was retconned by Kindred of the East, I always liked the Bushi, and decided to include them with Kuei-Jin as enemies of the Japanese Kuei-Jin, and members of the True Black Hand who are itching to fight the Chinese Cathayans under Ming Xiao's leadership.

Wrath of the Black Hand

Description: A mod describing the efforts of the True Black Hand in Los Angeles to destroy their enemies, be they the Camarilla, Anarchs, Kuei-Jin, and the now useless Sabbat.

CLANS

Old Clan Tzimisce: The Tzimisce are known as fleshcrafting fiends, but some seek to end the chaos of the Fiends. Old Clan Tzimisce is a proud member of the True Black Hand, and they have somehow transcended the curse of Vicissitude. Now they seek to destroy the Sabbat, mainly the Tzimisce elder known as Andrei.

True Brujah: A mysterious bloodline claiming to be true successors to the Brujah Antediluvian, the True Brujah are out to defeat the Anarchs, and destroy the Brujah in the city.

Ravnos: After the Week of Nightmares, little remains of the Ravnos Clan. Those who survived sought refuge in the True Black Hand, and hope to rebuild their clan. Led by their elder, Durga Syn, the Ravnos are out to establish a foothold in California, and just survive.

Bushi: A mysterious Japanese Clan, the Bushi are a clan of warriors steeped in tradition. Small in number, the Bushi were ousted from their homelands by the Kuei-Jin, and the remnants have joined the True Black Hand to seek revenge. They want Ming Xiao's head on a pike, and will go to any means to get it. If the Cathayans forced them out of their homeland in Japan, then they shall find a new homeland in California.

Giovanni: While not members of the True Black Hand, the Giovanni are seeking more money and power in Los Angeles, and are willing to ally themselves with the True Black Hand temporarily in order to eliminate the competition. Their assets in both this world and the Shadowlands make them dangerous enemies, and valuable allies.

Wu Zao: An Asian bloodline of Salubri long thought to be extinct, the Wu Zao are healers hunted by enemies on all sides. The Tremere, Sabbat, and Kuei-Jin all want them dead, and it's a wonder they haven't suffered the same fate as their Western cousins. The Wu Zao are few in number, and must join the True Black Hand to establish their haven.

[/b]Nagaraja: A mysterious clan of Hindu Necromancers fiercely loyal to the True Black Hand.

[b]The Hunters Hunted

A mod for Mortal Characters where disciplines are replaced with Numina and Hedge Magic, as well as True Faith. Clans are replaced by organizations.

The following books are used....

The Hunters Hunted
The Inquisition
Project Twilight
Halls of the Arcanum
Demon Hunter X
World of Darkness: Mafia

Mortal Organizations

The Society of Leopold: The Catholic Church's secret monastic order dedicated to destroying the supernatural. They wield True Faith, and will slay the Kindred in the name of the Lord.

National Security Agency: The NSA appears to be just an information collecting agency on the surface, but elements within the NSA are dedicated to destroying the supernatural for the sake of National Security.

The Arcanum: A group of scholars who seek to learn more lore about the Kindred.

The Shih: A group of Eastern Hunters who use True Faith and mysterious powers of the East to fight the forces of evil. They are out to kill Ming Xiao and cripple the Kuei-Jin's hold over Chinatown.

Strike Force Zero: The secret unit of the Japanese military dedicated to destroying and/or capturing supernatural threats to Japan. A squad is secretly stationed in California to kill Andrei following an attack on Japanese tourists connected to the Sabbat.

The Mafia: A small organized crime syndicate originating in Sicily and Italy, the Mafia is not as powerful in Los Angeles as it is in New York City or Chicago, but it has some pull in the city, despite the presence of Triads, Russian Mob, and various street gangs. They are connected to the Camarilla, and their leader, the reclusive Don Massimo is willing to send the Leto Family's associates and lower-end made men to fight threats to the Camarilla's presence in the city.

I know these mods are rough and overly vague ideas, but it's just a few thoughts I'd get out there.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Two Ideas For Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Ideas For Mods   Two Ideas For Mods EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 6:23 am

Good ideas, Paulie, but doing that mods would be helluva work. Maybe ask Malkav for tips on modding Laughing

And, of course, welcome to the forum! We like fresh blood here Twisted Evil What is your bloodgroup? lol!
Back to top Go down
Ayo
Ancillae
Ancillae
Ayo

Two Ideas For Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Ideas For Mods   Two Ideas For Mods EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:23 am

Wasn't there a The Hunter Hunted quest already? With the Asian vampire, if memory serves me?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Two Ideas For Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Ideas For Mods   Two Ideas For Mods EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:17 pm

Indeed there is.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Two Ideas For Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Ideas For Mods   Two Ideas For Mods EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:31 pm

Hm, doing the first one just might be possible. Just keep in mind that Zer0 spent about a year on TFN 1.0. And most of the time he was working full time on it. And how long are the Antitribue people working on it now? And they haven't delivered anything real by now. (If they ever do)

And for all these ideas, you have to rewrite the whole story line. So it's more of a complete new game than just a mod for bloodlines.
I'm not even considering the mortal organizations idea.

This is of course a purely technical statement with no intention to comment on the ideas themselves.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

Two Ideas For Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Ideas For Mods   Two Ideas For Mods EmptyTue May 15, 2012 10:25 pm

The Antitribu folks still seem to be spooking around somewhere around that site of theirs, last I saw they have made things like a controllable Gargoyle companion and a new NPC or two.
Still, according to themselves they are still only 58% done and as far as I recall they have been for quite a while.
Back to top Go down
Ayo
Ancillae
Ancillae
Ayo

Two Ideas For Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Ideas For Mods   Two Ideas For Mods EmptyWed May 16, 2012 5:59 am

Imagine if World of Darkness comes out before they're done... Assuming the world doesn't end with the premiere of The Hobbit.
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

Two Ideas For Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Ideas For Mods   Two Ideas For Mods EmptyWed May 16, 2012 6:44 am

As i said sometimes before: I first learned about Antitribu Mod in Jan 2010 (i think) and they were at 52%. Now, more than 2 years later, they are at 58%. Either they stopped working on it seriously or modders quit the development team for a drastic slow down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Two Ideas For Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Ideas For Mods   Two Ideas For Mods Empty

Back to top Go down

Two Ideas For Mods
Page 1 of 1