Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Water Mirror

Go down 
+2
Duncan.Oliver
Claudia
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

The Water Mirror - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 12:30 am

Perception + Empathy > 5, Auspex 2, Subterfuge 2:
As Tarcisus asks Claudia why she agreed to the test, Duncan adds a brief comment.
Once I discovered the reasons for the test, and that my Primogen requested it, I was more than willing to comply. A background check on the new people is common sense.

Duncan listens to Tarcisus begin his history lesson with a hint of boredom in his expression. Yet as the Tremere expresses his disdain for Villon, Duncan appears to be in reluctant agreement with the elder kindred.

Villon's control over some sections of Paris is slipping. I know of a few violations of the Traditions. Still, if someone else can maintain control over those areas despite his best efforts, then I suppose it's their domain, not Villon's. In which case, those weren't violations of the Traditions at all, but legal actions by the current... Lord of those disputed areas.

Perception 4, Auspex 2, Subterfuge 2:
Auspex 4:

The young Brujah seems to pay closer attention to what Tarcisus says, once their common dislike of Villon is revealed. So Duncan definitely notices when the Tremere Lord's sense of... time?... begins to malfunction. As Claudia takes her grandsire's hand and reminds him gently what year he is in, Duncan gives Miri a surreptitious glance which could be loosely interpreted as "WTF?" Then his attention is taken up by the Tremere once more.
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 12:50 pm

Miri winces slightly when Claudia talks about Theo, as if something were strange. All the same, she nods as if she understands why Claudia did what she did to pacify the Primogen's suspicious edge. Her thoughts are interrupted by Tarcisus' compliment to Claudia's capabilities. She smiles warmly recalling the blood test. No pricks, no pain- It was like the blood danced willingly into Claudia's glass, Hmm... I can't say I'm an expert on the subject, she smiles wryly. A toreador being an expert on thaumaturgy? Pffff, But I can definitely see how you say she is gifted.

She tilts her head slightly to face Chriss when he speaks to her. She smiles, looking him up and down as he mentions that he also isn't exactly politically aware, despite his time spent in Bordeaux. She chuckles low, in a tone that lies somewhere between a tease and flirtatious provocation, And do you have an excuse like the rest of us blind, helpless hatchlings? She looks away from Chriss before he can answer, as her attention is already elsewhere.

Tarcisus begins to relate to them, in an exacting kind of accuracy by personal account, the veritable shitstorm Villon has thrown Bordeaux and France into, time and time again. She looks at Duncan, who has found himself nodding in uneasy agreement, the way Villon is described. She raises an eyebrow especially when it is said Gregory himself holds a dislike for Villon. She only becomes entranced, though, as Tarcisus' story becomes a tempest of vented frustrations of the hardships endured by the Tremere while their safety and the control of Bordeaux was juggled between outside forces and the schemes of Gosuin. The story leaves her with a distant, haunted expression.

She doesn't look to Duncan when he glances to her. She doesn't join Chriss in downplaying the situation. She looks hurt for the two Tremere. Since Tarcisus mentioned especially that those not staying in the chantry were destroyed, and through the efforts of their Prince no less, her gaze fixes on Claudia with mounting concern,
How... DID you survive? A hypothetical question, perhaps. Miri's mind looks like its been blown and that it can scarcely grasp an answer while she tries to make sense of it all, even if one is given. The cruelty related through Tarcisus' tellings has a hold on her.

She leans back on the blanket, puffing out a ragged sigh. She looks between the two Tremere,
And what exactly do the City's Elders plan to do to protect Bordeaux from the Sabbat, with wounds like these among our own? She looks simultaneously disgusted and sober, her romantic image of Bordeaux dispelled, Did it really take a crisis like this to bring them all together, from stabbing one-another in the side? She shakes her head, smiling with a sort of chagrin, I should've known better than to think it was all posies and roses here, she shrugs a shoulder and sits upright, as Chriss presents his glass.

She looks to him, adding dryly,
Well, there ya go. I'd say we're a little more politically inclined now, wouldn't you say?

As soon as she looks to him, her eyes are downcast as she begins to fiddle with her cigarette case. In about as long as it takes Claudia to find her phone, Miri has lit a cigarette. She taps the ash into the wet grass and exhales slowly, watching the smoke ribbon curl and dissipate. The habit acts like some kind of ritual to calm her, invoking memories of the way the nicotine acted in her physiology in the past. It's merely a ghost of its former purpose.

She gives Tarcisus an empathetic look, before glancing between the two Tremere again. She offers an apologetic expression, for having wondered out loud about circumstances that never involved her, as if she feels she intruded,
I'm sorry. She shakes her head, I can scarcely... Fathom what it's been like for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:18 pm

Claudia lets herself observe closely the three younger Kindred as she reminded her grandsire the correct timeline. Unlike Tarcisus, she seems to have a far better projection and understanding of the emotional side. She seems far more interested than him on what Miri and Duncan said, but she doesn't respond to it. As Chriss asks her some more vitae, she nods and smile as she serves a bit more, slowly and carefully. She denies his offering of help with a slight shake of the head, but it betrays a certain worry which can be seen easily enough. It's like if she'd been used to that behavior. Oddly, she doesn't seem particularly touched by the events described by Tarcisus, as if she didn't feel too concerned by it, as if she didn't knew the victims, or as if she had mourned and accepted it already. Tarcisus himself keeps on looking at the docks as the other speak, after a slight shrug in response to Miri's sympathy.
(Tarcisus) Crisis only avoid for a certain time the usual "danse macabre", young girl, the war between the clans, the status, the sects, the generations, the lineages.. It will never end, with its good and bad sides. Hell, now I even hear about gender wars, skin color wars, social class wars...
(Claudia) I never understood most of these conflicts myself, but that was maybe because I was a blank canvas. I never had particular beliefs on anything... Sometimes our existence can be much more bearable, Miss de Boucher, if you can find something that makes you happy and hold on to it with everything you have. Value those who you can put your trust into, even if you cannot tell them everything. Despite it all, most of us have good sides and have a good sense of honor and duty...

When she says so, Claudia offers a warm smile to the ones around her. Her looks and voice darkens once she sees again her marks on her wrists, she hides them with her hands.
(Claudia) As other Tremere, I chose to protect myself from the society and other Kindred. True trust cannot be achieved, ever, no matter the best intentions, but there is always something one can do to with what we truly are.

Duncan, Chriss:

Tarcisus lets out a sigh, as he still observes the docks.
(Tarcisus)I just do not care anymore. Villon's incapacity to hold on to his territory, Gosuin's intriguing against other clans. It is all about survival, and my own clan is much more cutthroat against the weakest of our members. We have destroyed far much of our blood with our own hands, Gosuin's intrigues were only another drop. In the end, my clan grows stronger to it, as only the stronger survive. And for all that it is worth, it does not concern me anymore, it seems. I do care for my girl, but if she has to die, it will be because she did not have what it takes to survive, if she betrays the clan, if she breaks the laws, if she turns anarch, I will be first to have her meet her end.

The younger Tremere nods slightly, but fear can read in her body language and her looking around. Tarcisus rips his eyes away from the docks and takes the time to give a deep look to each of the three Kindred that came to see him. Claudia, seeing Tarcisus might catch on her fear, forces herself to calm down, and she hides as she serves again her grandsire. He stops her from doing so by putting his hand over his empty glass saying he does not want more.
(Tarcisus) And it would be the same with Lyle, no matter how much I love them both, no matter how much I loved them each and everyone of them. It was all a waste of blood, even those I had chosen myself. This is devotion and loyalty. Now if you do not mind.. I need to be alone.

As he says so as to mean he'll leave, Tarcisus takes and uses his cane to stand up, and puts back on his shoes by standing out of the red fabric. He barely needs a couple of fingers to put on the shoes, showing a certain dexterity and precision. He uses his cane to take back his coat, before Claudia could even reach it for him. She carefully stands up when he does so. She has a hard time finding her words, as if she was hesitating on what she'd needed to say.
(Claudia) Tarcisus, will you.. hm.. no, nevermind, I guess you already know what the Regent would not like you to do. Just be sure to be back at the Hotel fast enough, we wouldn't want Mikael to be worried because you're not coming back. Call me if you need anything.

Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 11:49 pm

Duncan listens to Tarcisus comment on the state of Kindred affairs: The wars between clans, sects, generations -- in short, the Jyhad. He shakes his head at the resignation in the elder Tremere's voice. Yet when Claudia talks about trust, and honor, and duty, Duncan nods, and returns her smile.

Trust. Honor. Duty. Many Kindred regard these concepts as weak, yet it's amazing how far these ideas have brought the humans in the past few hundred years, compared to Kindred society.

When Tarcisus talks about how only the strong of his clan have survived, the defiance and stubbornness fades from the young Brujah's expression, to be replaced by something close to pity. As Tarcisus stands, and prepares to leave, Duncan will stand also, as a show of respect.

Survival of the Fittest. The Brujah know this concept well. Yet the Sabbat have taken it to extremes. All they seem to know is kill or be killed, eat or be eaten. I wasn't here than, but from what I've heard, it was cooperation and group effort that defeated the Sabbat last time, rather than any one person. Maybe your clan would be stronger if they supported each other.
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 1:44 pm

Miri's focus still lies with Tarcisus as he speaks. She blinks knowingly to what he says, taking a minute to ponder the enormity- the scale- of the wars of men and Kindred teeming over the planet's face since time immemorial. She feels small, and it shows. She swallows hard when she hears Claudia speak softly, in defense of the worthiness of yet existing.

She smiles softly, reflecting on the words. That concept, as is the concept of conflict, is ancient and well worn into history. Those words were at once everyone's credo. But faith is fragile, and inconstant. She remembers herself, and smiles more noticeably, to show some appreciation for Claudia's gentleness,
I would do everything I could for honor. Despite smiling, she seems tense with thought. Unfortunately, perhaps fatally, she pays mind to Tarcisus' input, and to Claudia's scars, I will do anything in the name of trust, if even the shadow of the promise of it begins to germinate.

Duncan's input makes her smile seem more pleasant and genuine- Some of the tension leaves her. Her smile stays, but she regards Tarcisus with a steely expression while he talks about weeding, at whatever expense of personal discomfort or pain, the vulnerabilities that yet lie in him or his clan. Miri also stands as he prepares to leave. She bows slightly as before. She will do no such thing to interrupt him, not after he's shared so much. She blinks slightly when Duncan speaks again, about the attack. She still has a hard time envisioning cooperation between the clans, if even for survival, but it sounds less hopeless in his words. Good evening, Lord Tarcisus.

When he does leave, Miri settles down on the cloth again. She looks to Claudia, but waits to say anything. Her overall posture seems to illustrate some kind of relaxed ease. She seems to be waiting until the others return to their places, as if she feels more is to be discussed.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:48 pm

Tarcisus listens without looking when he puts back on his coat, exchanging the cane from one hand to another as he does so.

Etiquette 1:

Occult 2, Perception 4:

(Tarcisus) We do support each other, to a certain point, but my clan is far more complicated than the usual teacher-apprentices relationships. All of our interests within the Camarilla are very different, so what makes a clan "stronger" ? I do not need an answer. As for annihilation, it is all to be worked on on the individual level. If one should fail, the others must be able to destroy that failure...

The older Tremere takes a time to give a look to the Gangrel, and nods to let know he took note. He does smirk as he notices Chriss repeated extra-nice words to him.
(Tarcisus) I will contact you through Lyle if needed, thank you. However- whatever you are after, I am not the one to whom you should trade favors, considering I have to keep a low profile, I am just visiting. Lyle will certainly not grant favors to the city's Kindred just because I ask him to.

He does react a bit more passionately, almost enthusiastic, towards Miri's words on doing anything. On the other hand, Claudia looks a little more reserved towards it, she even shows some nervousness as she puts her hands together in a certain attempt to hide the marks on her wrists. He did not notice his grandchilde's behavior.
(Tarcisus) Now that is commitment ! Farewell.

After a smile and a slight head movement, he steps out of the grass, towards the docks, and walks south. He walks at a slightly lower, as if he was just wandering around rather than going somewhere.
Claudia waves slightly at him before sitting down again with a sigh which shows she is a bit more at ease, recovering her usual self like she has been seen in Elysium before. She takes the time to observe the other three Kindred, and after a slightly forced smile, she speaks lower.

(Claudia) Please accept my apologies, my Grandsire is.. odd. His values are very different than yours, or even mine.. It's an age thing, I guess.

Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 10:42 am

Duncan stays silent as Tarcisus makes his final comments. His only action is to give the elder Kindred a final bow of respect, as Tarcisus takes his leave. As Claudia apologizes for her grandsire's behavior, Duncan shares a slight smile with her.

No apologies necessary. I wouldn't expect someone of his years to have the same beliefs and values that I do. I knew I wasn't going to change his world view in a few minutes of idle conversation, any more than he would change mine. I suppose I was merely annoyed, and trying to goad a reaction out of him.

Turning to Chriss, Duncan will respond to the Gangrel's question.

I do have some business to take care of first; somewhere you've already been, if I understood you correctly. But I do plan to be at El Bodegon later, to speak with Theodore.
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 11:56 pm

Miri shakes her head, smiling at Tarcisus' remark- "Commitment" is a big word, and Miri never liked to spend much time thinking on it; it's tough to tell whether she's made amused or bashful by its mention, but things seem less tense than before. Claudia's relaxed demeanor helps to further release some of the seriousness still hanging about in the air after Tarcisus leaves.

She listens to Duncan speak after Claudia. He waves away Claudia's apology in the reassuring manner she would have, and so, she lets him respond to her for the both of them. In fact, she doesn't take any action indicative of a response until he mentions his prodding at Claudia's Grandsire this evening. As she regards Claudia at that moment, her eyes widen with a past-due alarm as she recollects all the little ways in which Duncan picked and poked at Tarcisus throughout their meeting, adding with a dark, far away,
...I thought we were going to die.

She looks to Duncan and winces, crinkling her nose slightly in distaste. She pouts as she holds her cigarette with a limp wrist. The look is a pitiful, sour cringe that says something like, "you have a death wish and don't care who you take down with you, don't you?" When she feels he's taken in the full measure of her ineffectual, wordless protests to mortality, she takes another drag of her cigarette and smiles that same pleasant, amused smile to him, as if all is forgotten.

She taps the ash of her cigarette into the wet grass and takes a minute to respond to Chriss,
I share a ride with Duncan, so when he goes, she shrugs, offering him an apologetic look, I go. That, or I hoof it all the way home. She sighs, looking at her immaculate sneakers sitting by the others on the grass- ...These shoes are new, so you may well imagine which course I take.

She looks back to Claudia after Chriss wastes no time in posing his question. She smiles softly in interest, but doesn't seem to project a sense of urgency.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 6:01 pm

Claudia offers a warm smile to Duncan as he explains about the idle conversation. She hesitates for the first word she uses, but she wipes it away hoping it would go unnoticed.
(Claudia) Pa- hrm, Tarcisus is very passionate and stubborn, the same if not more so than Theo (for very different reasons of course). While he is sometimes a bit off about his surroundings, Regent Kersten had made it very clear to him that he was stepping on eggs by his mere presence and that he should behave ; for once, it seems that he is listening. This is why he is avoiding confrontation, and probably to a certain extend why we are all still alive.

The Tremere laughs a little about being still alive, but takes a few seconds to be more precise.
(Claudia) Like Regent Kersten, Lord Tarcisus has a different understanding of the words spoken around him and 'human' behavior. I do not even think he really noticed you were trying to get on his nerves, Mr. Oliver. He does not like showing aggressiveness when I am around too, as if I was a child, as if I didn't know...

She observes a bit more closely Duncan and Miri when the latter speaks about sharing a ride, but she keeps quiet about it. The Tremere does lose slightly her smile as Chriss asks her about her worries. She watches carefully around her as she speaks, probably to be sure she is not overheard.
(Claudia) Friends, uh.. Maybe I should tell you, after all, it will be known fast enough... First, I am not the political kind, I really never cared about who was in charge and I couldn't care less for our society as a structure to begin with, even if I come to Elysium often enough. Yet, I have good eyes, I understand people, intentions, stakes...

The girl pauses an instant, blinking slowly, and she then looks at the three Kindred with great care and a slightly stronger personality. She's still quiet and shy in her general behavior, but she does show more of herself, a strong and vivid spirit, which has obviously been tamed down by the Tremere tutoring.
(Claudia) There is a lot going on, the status quo situation used to suit Prince Gosuin, his clan, and the Malkavian clan quite well. The latest attack's consequences have created.. breaches. The Nosferatu act like the Regent, doing their thing, they have their own escape routes. Tania's death saddened the Brujah cause in general, and Theo in particular, leaving a few orphans. Annabelle's has hit hardly on Jerome, which impacts on Gregory Darvault. I don't know about the Outlanders much, Chriss you may need to confirm my impressions, but it doesn't look too bright since you left the sect.. Which of course creates a certain tension as for the possible representation of the Followers and of the Giovanni at the Council.

The Tremere closes her eyes a few seconds, as if she wanted to avoid something to be seen.
(Claudia) Which isn't the only reason of the Giovanni's presence yesterday, among with the Italian, and a few others which are in town and didn't make their presence blatantly known to the court, like Tarcisus or Mikael. I guess Sodalis Lejeune is certainly in town too, spending his night in bars and pubs... A pain.

By "the Italian", and because she has already named Catherina Giovanni, Claudia certainly means Adriano Guicciardini. She sighs, and reopens her eyes, looking away.
(Claudia) The reason why I bled is because the Theatre is haunted and something went wrong with my sensitivity towards the lost souls... Lord Tarcisus knows, it was why I got Embraced to begin with, and he used it as an excuse to come. And what's worse is that I cannot act without my clan or the Giovanni knowing about it.

She lets her eyes again observe the three Kindred before her, but she cannot hide her sorrow and worry like she did when she had closed them just earlier. She has trouble finding her words, as if it was hard to ask, to precise, or even worse, not to say too much.
(Claudia) My knowledge of ghosts is quite limited due to a few restrains... But you.. You just may be able to help me out, by asking where I can't go without risking my head. Would you ?

intelligence + politics >4:

perception + investigation > 5:

humanity>7, empathy 2, conscience 4:

subterfuge 2:

auspex 2:

Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 7:46 am

Duncan takes in Miri's statement, and the look she throws his way, and shrugs.

While it was, perhaps, a bit reckless of me to attempt to piss off one of my elders, I didn't like his casual comments about taking Theo's head. Besides, I don't think anyone except myself was in real danger.

The young Brujah turns to look at Claudia, adding:
In fact, hindsight makes me suspect that Tarcisus' comments were meant to piss me off, perhaps as a test of my self-restraint, or as a distraction. Or maybe it was just an insult, pure and simple. Whatever... I don't know how I fared in his judgment, but I suspect I acted in a predictable manner, which is annoying.

Anyway, what did you almost call him? Pater? I thought Lyle was your sire, not Tarcisus... I hope neither Kindred was responsible for those, though. Duncan gives a nod of his head to the marks around Claudia's wrists and neck, and points to his own wrist so there can be no doubt as to what he's talking about. No offense, but you seemed reluctant to speak of them when your grandsire was present.

They're not connected to your... 'ghost allergy' of last night, are they? I'm willing to look into this haunting of the Theatre; although if this ghost, or ghosts, can make us bleed like you did, I expect a warning. Is there a reason that you, or the Prince, don't just bring in a priest to do some sort of exorcism?

As for the rifts you see developing in our defenses -- you seem very well informed. Maybe you have someone behind you, telling you some of the information and urging you to find out more. Like us. Ah, well -- I guess we have to find out these things somehow. I don't suppose I'd like to see either the Followers of Set or the Giovanni gain too much power in Bordeaux... certainly not enough for them to demand a Primogen of their own to represent them here. From what I've been told, Gosuin would probably prefer to keep both clans' influence to the other side of the river.

Duncan gives Claudia a thoughtful look and lowers his voice a bit, although it's unclear exactly why since both Miri and Chriss can still hear him clearly. His tone shows some concern as he asks the Tremere a question:

You seem worried about more than just ghosts, and unrest among the city's Kindred. Is there something else that is bothering you?
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:00 pm

Miriel listens to Claudia clarify the lack of actual danger shared during their near-death experience. She tilts her head slightly at Duncan's reply; her passive smile never leaves, Noted. That utterance may have been meant for the both of them.

It is all she says for a time- By the time Duncan has finished speaking, he has said quite a mouthful.

She exhales the last of the smoke from the last puff and utters a small, inoffensive cough to clear her throat and to center the group's attention, looking to Claudia after Duncan's last question. She begins speaking, revisiting some points he has made. She means to reassure Claudia of their better intentions with their curiosity about her,
Don't doubt that we wouldn't do our best to help you, Miss... But as Duncan has mentioned, it doesn't seem like just a haunted building troubles you. We need to be better informed on the situation, especially over what it is that seems to affect you more sharply than souls in unrest- It seems serious, even with other things considered.

She clarifies, coughing softly into her hand again. She handles conveying her concern as carefully as she can, continuing to fix her gaze on Claudia, I must admit to "peeking," she gesticulates with her cigarette, pointing around Claudia as if to outline her aura. All I could read besides a wonderful kind of selflessness within you, she smiles to her warmly, but the smile fades as she shakes her head, ...was this overwhelming fear and tension. That last thought leaves a soft frown on her lips.

She next admits to feeling apprehension, besides her peeking, I must say, I'm not confident with this request as it stands. I couldn't risk helping without more perspective. In the least, I have to know whose toes to not step on while gathering information in the places you can't go, or at least to know when to appear oblivious to whose toes I step on... Ya get me? Her help seems contingent over whether or not Duncan's questions get answered, and whether or not Claudia can say more about the situation with Adrianno and the Giovanni.

Auspex 2, Empathy 2:

Perception 3:

Subterfuge 2:

She looks to Claudia for a reaction of some kind, though not specifically to size her up. The expression she wears is one of a kind of compassion or concern for what all those questions may do to affect her, since she already seems so stressed. She looks back to Duncan, in an attempt to break the ice, Too bad Tarcisus isn't around- Your observational skills seem to be anything but typical. She raises an eyebrow quizzically to him at first, but the look settles into one of approval as she nods her head. She puffs and then extinguishes the last of her cigarette in the grass.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:27 pm

Claudia allows a hint of a smile as Duncan precises about the fact Tarcisus did piss him off. She adds in a semi-hushed tone.
(Claudia) I wouldn't think he meant it as a calculated move, as I said, my GrandSire is driven by his passions. I think he will probably forget anyway so..

She looks slightly embarrassed when called out on her almost calling her GrandSire something else. Looking away, searching for her words, hesitating, she sighs once and recovers, having made her decision. Were she still breathing and alive, she'd blush.
(Claudia) "Papa".. "Papa" Tarcisus. Regent Kersten is my sire, he is the one who took away my life and blood, who killed me, who brought me back with his own vitae and who fed me the very first time, but my paternal figure is my GrandSire.

Her choice of word Papa, as she says with the Alsacian accent, could mean dad (papa in French, from père), but also something like "papy" (granpa, gramps, 'pa...). She takes a slight breath as she had decided she would be more truthful about it. While her discourse sounds like lovable memories, some bitterness gives a shadow and the bad side of her story. She seems to be perfectly aware and conscious on why and how she reacted as she did.
(Claudia) It's something hard to explain. I lost all normal family life when I was eight, so when the Clan took me, I had to recreate a proper environment to grow up once more and to understand again the world around me. Mikael was my tutor, my teacher, and Tarcisus, even if oppressing, paternalist, authoritarian.. He was the closest I could have. He used to say I was his "precious little grand-daughter", so I.. went with it to please him.

She shrugs with a certain disdain and acceptance of her fate, submissive. It seems, considering that darkness in her tale, that she also used it for her own agenda, and it helped her survive and get what she wanted. After all, she is a successful Tremere, and the highest ranked one behind her Regent, and she has been asked to perform a test by a Primogen. It is certainly not because she's a nice girl, after all, she is both a vampire and a Tremere, and she's Ancillae too.
(Claudia) Tremere Sire and Childe relationships are maybe a little alien by most others. Usually, it's the whole clan that decides to embrace, with the Regent's assent, which chooses the one who's blood will be used. Yet, it may be that this person is not the one suited to raise and teach the fledgling. As much as I know, Papa Tarcisus wanted me, and he wanted to Embrace me himself, but the permission was not given, so... I never really knew if Lyle acted on his own or if my GrandSire ordered him to do so. Regent Kersten and I are strangers to each other, anyway, and the less I know of him, the better...

Trapped and without being to avoid it as so strongly pointed out, Claudia capitulates on the scars on her body. She turns the head to the side and shows a small mark similar to the ones on her wrists, right at the back of her ears, where the hair begins. She shows one more at one of her temples, which is more hidden by the hair and some foundation powder.
(Claudia) It's okay, Mr. Oliver, I just try not to think about it, I do not need anyone's pity about my situation. Might as well explain a little since you ask so gently ! Electroshock therapy and straps of all kind caused these marks, and the ones on my joints. They are related to my capacity of hearing the restless in a way ; it was the reason why I was interned in such places. They also caused a few other scars I wish not to show, but I can tell you it's also why I'm so skinny and have such a frail body.

She looks away an instant, then moves her hands to her left shoulder to move away the dress (and the bra's strap), revealing the skin up to where the breast begins. She lets it visible for a few seconds, revealing a larger round scar, about the size of a cigarette or a small cigar, and similar to the ones on her wrists and elbows, as if it was burned or drilled through. The beginning of a similar one can be seen a bit lower, as if, indeed there were more under the clothing. Once she has counted a couple of seconds, the Tremere puts back correctly her piece of clothing. She speaks lower, slower.
(Claudia) This one and others, however.. They are a side effect due to my training as a Tremere. Chantries are horrible dark and truly horrific places. I hold them both responsible, even if neither was holding the needles. One knew and did not care, the other approved without batting an eyelid.

She sets her eyes on Chriss with a darker look, as he mentioned owning Lyle a favor, and speaks a "request" that is meant to be for the three kindred and not only the Gangrel. She didn't seem to oppose his view on his clanmates, and the opposition he mentioned, however, as she accepts it as being truthful she says nothing more about it. But her reaction, clearly emotion-based, is pure fear.
(Claudia) The Regent is to be informed of nothing, if we all want to survive. I do not know about the Gangrel's agenda much, Henri Bowens usually stays with Kindred with more status, and the Venerable is not truly an Elysium creature. As for the Giovanni and Setites, I dislike both for very different reasons, but I wouldn't mind them to have a voice in the Primogen council ; maybe I am a little too politically naive and too idealist of the Camarilla's goals ; I will not however act for them to have such voice, the less I become involved with it, the better. But this position is mine only, my soladis each are free to think what they want...

She then sighs, letting go something close to anger and rancor. She acts as if she was aware that she was asking for a personal favor, and that she'll owe them for it.
(Claudia) Of course I would not have asked you if it was something that could harm you. I was merely.. presenting part of the problem. The person in the Theatre can do no harm, or at least, not that kind of harm. If my blood spilled, it's because my soul felt him, to a certain extend, despite my strained senses. I had been under magical restraints for a while, and a breach was created yesterday. Priests and voodoo would do nothing, as well as those TV mediums and other hot-lines, and I do hope for his own well being that Prince Gosuin isn't aware. I am pretty sure that the clerical community is also under our influence as a society, at least indirectly... It's true you are young and do not have a true occult education, maybe I should explain a little more on what creatures are out there, what can they do, what can't they do. The Masquerade also benefits them up to a certain point, after all, despite all the novels and arts.

After a slight dry laugh that betrays she would like it not to know, the Tremere takes a slight pause, her wards narrowing when Miri had signed her having "peeking". She moves back a little, her Beast reacting to the presence of fire closer/aimed at her. She controls it quite well, however. With a slight smile, she admits her flaws.
(Claudia) I am driven by fear. It's how I grew up, it's the emotion that shaped me... I try not to think about it and avoid the causes as much as I can, as you say, it's overwhelming. It's another reason why I can't act myself. I would get noticed, Regent Kersten would know about it... It's something I do not wish to risk.

She moves slightly to take back the empty glasses to put them away in her basket. By occupying her hands and focusing on something to do, she busies her mind enough to bear with the stress and the questions. She takes her keys, which has several rings to it, from very simple old school keys, to more modern secured ones, to a couple of RFID badges. Because she explains and does answer, it seems the Tremere accepts the reluctance of Miri and Duncan and wishes to respond to it.
(Claudia) I am unsure whether I should give you his identity or letting you find out by pointing the places to search... Please understand, while it's true I'm saying this for my own and sole interest and survival, I also wish to protect you ; ignorance might be your best shield (and mine too, for what it's worth). I am sorry, miss De Boucher, this is not out of pure kindness ; It serves my purposes, even if I'd like to think they are not as selfish or futile as politics, influence or status. Then, I am driven by fear, I may be too cautious. If after thinking about it, you estimate I should give you this information, I will.

Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 3:08 pm

Miriel's eyebrows furrow as the word 'survival' escapes Claudia's lips. While she explains her situation and the nature of her request further, Miri turns her face quickly away from the group.
Perception 3, Auspex 2:
Auspex 4:

She looks back to Claudia only to confirm she had been listening. She grins, shaking her head left to right and closes her eyes tightly. She looks like she might chuckle. When her head returns upright, she makes hard eye-contact with Claudia, and speaks to her in a harsh, flat tone. The quality of the following speech seems to be more of a verbal pact than an attempt at intimidation. She states her status of compliance and her conditions, I will help you. I will ask no further questions, as per your judgment in keeping with the interests of our collective survival. You will inform me of nothing, what doesn't occur to you to have to tell me or us in the interests of our collective survival. She swallows hard, as if these and the next words are alien and ill-fitting in her mouth. The flat, severe tone continues, And I will not be One to hold this favor against you for any measure of arbitrary gain; but I will hold all I or we find as secret between us. She looks to each of them present, and then back to Claudia. She sighs, and her expression softens to one of more complete acceptance of purpose, This is my promise to you, else I be known to live as a liar and a coward 'til my end. She extends her hand to Claudia, to shake on it.

Auspex 2:
Auspex 2 + Perception 3:
Perception 3:
Subterfuge 3:
Etiquette 2:
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:51 am

Duncan frowns as he answers Chriss' question about where to begin.
Miri and I were going to visit Kersten. Yet I doubt we should tell him about anything that happened here. Also, I'm not sure we want him to know we've joined forces. If I read him right, it might amuse him to give away little pieces of the puzzle, to tease us; but only if he thinks we're not trading information between ourselves, and able to piece together his true meaning. At least, that is my impression... Theo thinks Kersten is always lying; but I think Lyle throws a few tidbits of truth into the mix, thinking nobody will believe him. The trick is to sort the truth from the bullshit.

The young Brujah listens as Miri expresses her doubts, yet he openly displays interest as Miri talks of 'reading' Claudia's fear and tension. As she comments on Duncan's observational skills, he is quick to reply in kind.
I like to think I can see the obvious; still, your perception seems to be on a level above mine.

When Claudia speaks of her past, and describes how the marks on her body came into being, Duncan frowns and says nothing right away. Even after Claudia finishes talking, and Miri pledges her assistance -- however reluctantly -- Duncan waits until the Toreador finishes before giving his own comments.

To Claudia, Duncan says:

I cannot imagine what you've gone through, both before and after your Embrace. Or perhaps I just don't want to. Still, as you said, you don't want our pity, so I'll just express my respect for the fact that you've stayed sane through the whole process. Duncan gives a slight smile, and teases Claudia a bit. Well, relatively sane.

I'm not sure why you're convinced it would be fatal for us if your sire finds out any of this, but I won't tell him anything. Still, I don't think he knows that your sensitivity to ghosts is what caused your little episode last night. I remember him suggesting that 'paradox' might be to blame -- whatever that means. Duncan gives a dismissive gesture with his hand. Don't worry, I won't ask you to give up Tremere secrets. I really don't care what that means... I have no desire be a Warlock. I don't want to pay the price you have paid, for the knowledge you've gained.
Auspex 4:
Well, if your ghost can't really harm us, I suppose I can look into the matter. However, I'm not sure how much help we can be. I have no sensitivity such as yours, so I'm not even sure I can talk to your ghost. Miri might be a little more help in this matter, due to her... ability to see what others can't.

Duncan turns to Chriss and Miri:
The night is still pretty young. How about this- Miri and I can go visit Lyle Kersten, if he's still at that church, and discuss... other matters, not connected to Claudia's ghost. Then we can meet up at the Theatre, and try to figure out what our next move should be. Does this sound acceptable? Or does someone have an alternate plan?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:06 pm

The Tremere nods to Duncan's firsts comments on her Sire, and leaves the subject for a bit later. She does however, take Miri's hand as she makes her own "contract", but instead of shaking it, she puts it into her own, one under, one over, slowly, as if wanting to protect it. She looks slightly surprised, especially when she denies the repaid favor, but she plays along after a certain thought.
(Claudia) I will be disappointed if you would break this promise, then.

She lets go the hand with a warm smile. She retains a chuckle as Duncan mentions her sanity and soon after, the paradox and the Tremere secrets.
(Claudia) I managed to kept a proper understanding of myself and the world thanks to the Clan, so, yeah, I keep as sane as we all can be. Regent Kersten had that theory verified ; It's not a Tremere secret. The way I understood it is that the Paradox is something that only affects living sorcerers (they are called "mages"), when they practice magic ; the idea is that the universe doesn't like when they force it upon non-balance, and it takes a mystic payback upon the mage until the price has been paid to reach balance once more. This "universe avenging itself" is what is called the Paradox, and this is why you don't see mages doing their stuff in public. The reason why the Tremere do not suffer these sides effects is either because we are dead for the universe, or because our magical abilities are not of the same nature as mortal's magic.

She smiles with understandings, adding to Duncan's comment on the price she paid for her knowledge.
(Claudia) My opinion was never asked, and neither were any of the others ; the Clan just takes and integrates, it decides.. Certainly I wish things would have happened differently, but wishing and lamenting over my past will only make me bitter. I prefer thinking about the good moments I had and the good moments I will have. I accepted my fate long ago and do what I have to, to keep on.

Claudia takes an instant to gather a few thoughts. Her voice is slightly lower, as if speaking a secret, as if afraid.
(Claudia) You might want to ask Regent Kersten about it, I did not study much the theories because of my natural affinities. Oddly, I do understand why everyone says he's a liar, but that's just simply not the case. It's true I'm not particularly close with the Regent, I can even say I do not really like him, It's easy to notice that's an understatement ; Claudia fears and is repulsed by her Sire, but he has always been quite blunt, honest and frank about what he wanted, what he allowed, what he hated, what he would do... Everything he says has a meaning for himself, to his truth and his way of 'life'. I guess he's just bored and he's under influences... It's not really about sorting the bullshit out of the truth, but it's about why he made those choices. It's far more comprehensible when you have all the cards, sure but... It's not just that.

She adds with a certain warning, careful tone, and half confirms the words spoken by the Gangrel.
(Claudia) He is a cunning manipulator, though, that is true. He will not hesitate to play with you if it suits his interests, even if they do not seem to be the same as before. Not living in the Chantry full-time anymore has given me some more freedom, but I still have to meet my peers often enough ; it's true the Regent has changed somehow over the last few decades. I would guess he has no interest with any of us anymore. Not like he had any to begin with...

empathy 2, subterfuge 2, interrogation techniques of any sort:

Chriss:

(Claudia) As for the ghost.. Well, talking to the dead is quite easy, Mr. Oliver. The hard part is getting an answer. While.. while I'm not sure he is still at the Theatre.. Ah, it's true, forgive me I tend to forget others do not have as much access to knowledge. See, like vampires, werewolves and else, some of the legends that circulate around ghosts are true, and some aren't. The part about unfinished business is kind of true. The proper term to use is "Wraith". They are deceased people whose souls couldn't reach the afterlife, or whatever, and something went wrong, and are now trapped in the underworld, or Shadowlands, which explains why normally we cannot see them (except mediums, like myself, or people like the Giovanni). This world they live in is a veiled version of our own, like, a different dimension. Sometimes, the veil that separates this world from the next is weaker, which created all those stories about how some specific day of the year, you would see this beheaded man in some bridge.. Wraith have their own society, those who fight them, and the.. the Oblivion. The Oblivion is an invisible force of destruction that sucks in the souls of the dead with more or less violent agents, it's a black hole, and it's present in each one of them, like our Beast. Wraith have different motivations to keep on fighting. Sometimes it's an ideal, sometimes it's a place meaningful to their former life, sometimes it's a duty, an emotion, or someone they cared for. She adds an examples a bit too precise to be invented. A father who'd die of an accident may become a wraith trying to make sure no crazy driver will go unpunished to avoid accidents, to protect his family, to watch his children grow and to ensure his wife will never forget about him and never marry someone else. His Shadow, his Beast, will push him to ensure his family will have a meaningless life now that he's gone... It's a fine line. These unfinished business is usually coupled with objects that have a special meaning to them ; those objects that tie them to this world are called fetters or anchors. Say, for this father, it could be his wedding ring, his house, his writing machine, his hidden journal, or even his corpse. And a Wraith may not know exactly what holds him to this world.. It's why their society is so complex, nobody agrees on what should be done, if they must destroy their fetters, preserve them, understand their inner self, find enlightenment.. They carry their religious and spiritual beliefs into it, as much as we do about our origins and our meaning.

She takes a slight pause, sounding a bit sadder.
(Claudia) I am unaware of this one's fetters or motivations, or goals. I would guess the Giovanni's presence in Elysium yesterday had something to do with him.. When my restrains were taken away during the night, when I came back.. I tried to contain it, I tried to meditate, but eventually I just had to shut off my senses so I could bear it. It's why I asked your help to go outside, Mr. Oliver, I remembered your blood. If you must, use the Giovanni. She may not know who knew, and she knows people can feel their presence... And why would a Giovanni be there to begin with.

The Tremere gives a look full of curiosity when Chriss talks about speaking with her in private. She does have a slight backing up move when he approaches his hand, but nods when he lets go the idea of touching her, as if she forgave. She smiles and chuckles a bit, adding some humor.
(Claudia) .. Sure, we can talk. But I am certainly not a priority, and I've lived through several wars and as one of the most hated Clans and nationalities of the city... I've survived a Tremere training and pleased a whole bunch of old guys in robes speaking Latin and some experimental uses of the blood. What do you think could happen to me ?

Occult 0:
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 3:58 pm

To Chriss:
Very well then. We'll meet up at the Theatre later. Hopefully we can get in... I left my lockpicking kit at home.

Duncan politely pays attention while Claudia speaks about Paradox, and mages.
Auspex 2:

That's very interesting. I'm not sure your Regent would like you telling us this, even though you say it's not technically a Tremere secret. I think asking him questions about the differences between Tremere and mortal magic would be risky.

As for Kersten himself... When Lyle returned to Elysium last night, and pulled up in the limo with the two fledglings, he told Theo he'd been at a strip club. So he does lie occasionally. Whether it's for amusement, or to protect clan secrets, I don't know. We'll see what he's willing to tell us.

As Claudia tells them about wraiths in general, and what the one in the theatre might want, Duncan listens again without comment until she is done.
Thank you for the information. It sounds as though people are people, even after they're dead. Good, bad, selfish, vindictive... and the fact that it's very hard to punish them if they do wrong can't help matters. Very much like Kindred, come to think of it.

I suppose we'll just have to figure out what this spirit wants, and whether that will make him 'move on' or not. I'd rather not involve the Giovanni though, unless there's no other choice... I've heard that favors owed to either the Giovanni, or the Followers of Set, can come back to haunt you more surely than any ghost. Excuse me, "wraith."

Almost as an afterthought, Duncan mutters: Especially this Giovanni. If she thinks she can wrap Kindred males around her little finger merely by showing her cleavage and rubbing up against them, like she did to Griffin last night, she must be younger than I am.

The Brujah turns to Miri, and asks:
What do you think? Any other ideas or musings? Or are you ready to roll?
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 11:44 am

Miri smirks knowingly when Duncan pays her what she takes as a compliment. Whether or not he was simply stating his interest doesn't matter, it flattered her. God help him and that Torrie's ego.

After she presents her conditions and hand to shake to Claudia, having it enveloped warmly within her grasp instead of stoicly shaken causes a small chill to run up Miriel's spine. She smiles awkwardly as she stifles a knee-jerk reaction to remove her hand at the same second that both of Claudia's touch hers. She's glad she had resisted pulling away, though, when Claudia speaks to her. Her awkward smile disappears as she becomes comfortable with a mutual understanding,
Yeah, me too.

Whatever amounts of formal rigidity present in her body language becomes lax as the conversation furthers between the four. After talk about mages, magic and the Paradox, and some painful particulars on Claudia's standing on her origins-- Which she listened to with much interest-- Miri seems miles away comparatively when Chriss and Duncan discuss their approach with Lyle. She simply nods as Chriss suggests they don't make any mention of him.

She only seems involved after Claudia has shed more light on the subject, as is evidenced by her eyes suddenly brightening and looking to Claudia's with an almost morbid curiosity,
"Under influences"? It may not actually mean what she thinks it does, but at least now she's present in the conversation.

Miriel's mind looks absolutely blown while Claudia tells them a little something about ghosts- things make more sense. The kind dismissal of Chriss' protection tickles her into smirking softly. She enjoys the exchange.

Ducan's insistence about avoiding the Giovanni for her sickly parasitic demeanor has inspired Miri somehow. She smiles, delighted at an inner thought while he describes her with disgust. When he's settled and turns to Miriel to ask her what she thinks, she parrots Claudia's suggestion,
I might use the Giovanni.

Her grin widens to assure him there was indeed a palpable sense of perversion intended in her reply. Probably to get a reaction from Duncan, whether he be amused or equally appalled. She tilts her head as she regards him for a while longer before answering him in seriousness, We need to go where there is information we do not have, good sir.

She raises an eyebrow, I just hope everyone feels chatty tonight. She sighs softly and smiles, All else considered, I think we're ready to tackle the bell, the belle, then the building. One can tell the cogs in her pretty head are turning over furiously.

An afterthought occurs to her since Claudia described Lyle with more detail,
Just curious... Lyle. He's changed? Noticeably? That seems tough to tell, if he's such a chameleon. She realizes what she said seems a little rude, and attempts to paint herself to be less of an asshole, Or, so I gather. He seems remarkably tough to predict as is.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 7:49 am

Claudia looks away in shame when the strip-club is mentioned, as well as "under influences" herself had stated before.
(Claudia) Erm.. yes the two young ones and the Hotel's Mercedes. Poor kids.... I think it may be true, that he went to one of these clubs, before going to pick them up. The Giovanni and Setites share their influences in those sectors, and maybe Scoop has gossip on that. Theo thinks the Tremere are all so serious and educated.. We can be filthy. I chose not to, however.

The idea of speaking with the Nosferatu seems to bother her, not as much as it would bother a Toreador, but close enough. The Tremere shakes her head and fights her own appreciation of the situation to be able to give a more distant approach of the situation. It seems it's a hard exercise for her, to have a more objective view on the situation, but it's clear that it's something she's used to do.
(Claudia) This kind of Occult knowledge can be discussed with some other Kindred that aren't of Tremere blood, anyway, like Igor and Doctor, or the Giovanni, or the patriarch of the Setites, or a few mortals, probably. However, asking Regent Kersten about it could be risky, it's true, since he's not really sensible to flattery. He doesn't care being known as the guy-who-knows, he already knows he knows, he doesn't need us praising him for that. Papa Tarcisus likes flattery much more, it's easier with him.

She takes a slight pause, mutters a few words, before explaining herself a bit more openly.
(Claudia) The Regent has a drinking problem. Well, we all do... I think he's sinking into addiction of some substances. When he says he's high... The idea seems to disgust her, she almost shivers, before her "trying to understand the other" view of others takes back its place. He's changed since Papa Tarcisus left. I'd want to believe he's opening up, that he's trying to fight the monster he is, to make amends, but I can't help thinking his intentions are much more darker and twisted. I'm afraid he was never predictable. I still try to stay as far away as possible from him, maybe because the trauma of the Embrace hasn't truly faded, maybe because the first impressions I had with him still taint my behavior, maybe it's some kind of Elder action upon me...

It's truly sad that Claudia seems to be perfectly aware of what happens and what causes her fears, but being still trapped in it. Being aware of the cage and the chains is the first step to know how to liberate oneself, but it seems she will be never able to get out of it. She offers a warmer but also sadder smile.
(Claudia) Yes, wraiths are people, only "more so". They exist on the edge of hell, they have no restrictions... and only their own strength and morality is what they can count on to survive all their struggles. It is very close to our society, indeed, but only they're dead, for real, and they are not part of our world anymore. I've got the impression that we're in the middle of both worlds, somehow.

She has a surprised reaction when Griffin is mentioned along with Catherina Giovanni. She does give a look full of curiosity to Duncan when he talked about it. It's clear talking about the Tremere harpy impresses her somehow, as if she respected him but from far away.
(Claudia) She did what to Sodalis Griffin ?.. Her age ? She was presented somewhere in 1985, the year before the others left, but I know she was a ghoul before that. The Giovanni clan settled in the city in the early 1960's by investing massively on the prostitution market, and Gosuin needed allies, so he agreed to it. He probably regrets, because ever since the 1970's, whenever there's a problem, he'll turn a blind eye on the Setites actions and masquerade violations, and if the Giovanni would do the simplest mistake... I don't really know why, something about politics I heard. As for Catherina... sexuality, well, some Kindred are still sensible to charm. Primogen Darvault, for instance, or even Theo, and I think the Sheriff too. Griffin isn't, at all, he's totally hermetic to mortals aspects and behaviors and pretty much hates everyone ; I heard his Sire wasn't the happy kind either... He did put her back to her place, didn't he ? That's the only thing I noticed he likes. That and cards.

She separates a key ring containing two keys from her set of keys, and handles it to Duncan. She also browses for her walled and pulls out white cards, over which she writes a phone number with a pencil. She gives those to each Kindred, even tho she'll stay with Chriss.
(Claudia) This is where you'll find me, later tonight, and this is my phone number. There's an arcade game center on Alsace-Lorraine street, right in front of the Palais tramway station, right next to it there's a wooden art deco brown door. Go up the stairs to the last floor and enter. But think about feeding before, I'd rather avoid hungry people there, it would be dangerous... I'll wait until the last minute to go back home anyway, so don't worry about time.

Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:10 am

From his behavior, Duncan had been ready to leave. Yet Miri's questions about Lyle, and Claudia's answers, draw his attention once more. He finds some small amusement at Claudia's reaction to Lyle's 'strip club' remark, and at her reaction to the Nosferatu.

I thought he was joking about the strip club, just to tease Theo. Out of all the sins which Kindred can commit, visiting a strip club seems pretty far down the list. Then again, I'm male.

Your sire didn't seem like the type to favor flattery. I'm glad I was right about that one. I don't think I'll ask about addictions, though. That might be a sensitive topic.

Duncan merely nods at Claudia's statement about wraiths... it seems to confirm his guesses, based on her information.

When the topic of Griffin comes up, Duncan responds with a smile.

Yes, when Catherina tried to pull the sex kitten routine on him, Griffin told her in no uncertain terms to stop, or he'd burn her to ashes three times over. After that, he told her to finish her business in Elysium, and get back to her pimping. Then he called her 'ghoul'. I'm paraphrasing here, except for the ghoul part. I had forgotten you were absent during that little drama.

As Claudia offers the keys and her number to Duncan, and her location later this evening, his attitude grows more serious.
Empathy 2, Perception 3, Auspex 2:
Thank you. I'll try to feed before we go there, if I'm hungry.

Duncan appears to have little else to say. He looks to Miri, and waits on her response.
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:34 am

Miriel was listening carefully and impartially to Claudia as she spoke about her scandalous Sire, until the 'drinking problem' was mentioned- After "we all do," an abrupt laugh sputters out from Miri's lips. She quiets just as quickly, mouthing an apology silently for having interrupted. What Claudia says next is plenty enough to garner her seriousness. She nods in understanding to Claudia's predicament, asking no more about Lyle or his habits.

Miriel looks at Duncan while he nods as Claudia describes wraiths more. She winces slightly, as if puzzling over something before turning to Claudia with a resolute nod,
Morality, got it.

Talk about Griffin's handling of the Giovanni doesn't seem to amuse Miri, particularly. Especially talk about being being reduced to ashes. She shrugs, To each his own.

Miri accepts one of Claudia's cards with a smile, placing it into a pocket for safekeeping. It's then she notices Duncan looking to her, Hm? She seems caught off guard, but guesses he wants to see if there's anything she'd like to add before they go; We should get some change made before we meet up, too, is all she has to say.

Chriss' question draws a similar reaction. Miri clicks her tongue; her eyes move slightly as she thinks on it before she shakes her head,
If there's something going on besides general distrust, I wouldn't know where to begin. She shrugs, tilting her head side to side, Theo doesn't like Tarcisus, Theo doesn't trust Lyle... Probably related. She looks at Chriss with eyes that hide mischief.

You know, she raises an eyebrow, if you really wanted to find out... You could always check that big diary of his. The suggestion draws a provocative smile onto her lips, Just a random thought.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:59 pm

The Tremere agrees with a certain reluctance to Chriss' words concerning her security, as if quietly obeying despite her being the oldest. She looks away a few instants as he names her situation.
(Claudia) Now you're worrying me, we'll talk then. But I must agree with Miss De Boucher ; Theo doesn't like Regent Kersten, but who trusts a Tremere, especially an old and well positioned one ? But I'm quite sure both have buried the hatchet. Theo doesn't seem like the vindictive kind, nor the kind that takes the lineage into account. He judged my sire as a single Kindred, as well as he judged Papa Tarcisus or myself as one other single Kindred.

Claudia didn't seem to mind about Miri's laugh about the drinking habits of Kindred, after all, it was the goal. She shrugged the apology away, as if it was okay. She smiles to Duncan knowingly.
(Claudia) Theo is easy to tease, this is why he's build himself some shell around him, or he'd frenzy every other night. He's so... She searches for a correct adjective for a moment, before settling. So down-to-earth, most of the time. He's also quite good at controlling himself and controlling others, despite being Brujah. She adds with an apologetic look to Duncan. No offense... You see what I mean.

She frowns a little when a death threat was made to Catherina by Griffin, but she lets it go away with a sigh.
(Claudia) The Giovanni was never really accepted as Kindred to our court, and the Prince dislikes her and her Clan. But her being a ghoul was inscribed in the books, somehow. Getting to Sodalis Griffin's nerves is truly a feat, he doesn't throw 'insults' like that, especially those who hurt the most the 'prey' of Harpy talk. If he resorted to mimic that.. Neve Rosetti and Alicia Vandenstree, means he was quite angry. This explains maybe why he went to combat with Mr. Derijk.. I didn't think he would do such. He is not the kind to like flattery either, quite the opposite, but I am certain you all have already guessed that.

She pauses a moment to think about everything she just said, as if she was pondering something. She opens slightly her mouth of surprise, first with a certain joy, then with a greater fear as the usual Kindred paranoia settles.
(Claudia) Maybe he felt something too and leaving the Chantry was.. an excuse to look out for something. Oh, what to do...

Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:48 am

Since the topic is on Griffin, Miriel feels she should add something, if only to glean something from Claudia's thought process, If something so instinctive as a hunch has Griffin leaving the Chantry to conduct an investigation- despite being roused by feelings of suspicion, he still found time to drop by El Bodegon to deliver a message to Theo. And to play billiards. She shrugs, He didn't seem to have any particular urgency about him, although that could just be his stoicism. Could be that El Bodegon was simply on the way to where he was already heading, and he had some time to spare. All the same, he mentioned he made the delivery per your request, which may have placed some priority on the visit. Something seems contradictory, Still, even when his 'business' visiting Theo was over, he went downstairs and claimed a seat which he was still in when Duncan and I left.

She ponders, as Claudia does, Even if Griffin didn't seem to be in a hurry, whatever was in that message of yours had Theo requesting that we see you just as soon as formal discussions had ended.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:51 am

OOC:

Chriss thinks over the Theo situation with Kersten and Tarcisus with a wondering look, and shrugs it away. He was never really into politics anyway, and watching over relations is the Harpy's and the Elysium rats' jobs. He nods to Miri, with a slight predatory grin to respond to her provocation.
(Chriss) You're probably right, but we're more complicated than just easy assumptions. I'll go check it out myself later, anyway, it's just a phone call away.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Claudia nods almost in acceptance to Miri's explanation concerning the Tremere Harpy. She doesn't say anything about the fact that it seemed she was the one who sent him to Theodore, and she looks even more so embarrassed when the letter is mentioned, it's clear she will avoid the subject or not talk about it at the moment. A smile does cross her face when the billiard is mentioned, as if she recognizes her clan brother.
(Claudia) I would guess it's his usual stoicism indeed, Miss de Boucher. Sodalis Griffin is not the kind to be motivated easily.

She takes a slight pause, looking over the Brujah and the Toreador with a certain curiosity. The first one doesn't seem to need anything else from her. She offers a smile to the Toreador.
(Claudia) Is there anything else I can do for you before you see the Regent ?
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:00 am

Miriel tilts her head and smiles at Chriss' response, If the one phone call you make still doesn't reveal much more than these easy assumptions, I'll see what I can do. No promises. She winks an eye; a gesture of good faith.

Miri's interest looks sharp when embarrassment crosses Claudia's features at the mention of the letter. She saves the thought for later and smiles as Claudia does. She sighs,
Oh, that I could borrow some of that keen motivation... A second thought, Or maybe not; it might scare me. If whatever has him motivated is on its way over, give us a heads up, won't you? It seems serious.

She looks over to Duncan. He looks ready, perhaps even antsy. Claudia seems prepared to see them off, and so Miri begins to stand, Nothing else I can think of, though. It was good to see you, and your grandsire; I hope to get to see you again later tonight. She smiles and waits for Duncan to rise from his place on the blanket. She turns to Chriss, Good to meet you, too, Chriss. Until later.

When Duncan is up, she gives him time for his goodbye gestures, and then walks with him to his bike. As Duncan offers her the helmet again, she offers him a venomous, terribly unamused stare, remembering the "Princess" comment from last time. All the same, she takes it and puts it on, to keep her hair from whipping around in the wind during the ride. Even with her face obscured by the headgear, one would swear she's still sneering about being relegated to helmet-wearer status.

Walking the motorcycle, they clear from the area where they were parked at the riverwalk, to the main road. After one last look around, they mount and Duncan kick-starts the bike. The two speed off, dwindling into the distance, until they are lost among the throng of humanity wandering the Bordeaux night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Water Mirror
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Roleplaying Vampire: The Masquerade :: Roleplaying Area :: Neutral Ground-
Jump to: