Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question about modding

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Inadaptado
Fledgling
Fledgling

Question about modding Empty
PostSubject: Question about modding   Question about modding EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 12:18 am

Before all I would like to thank you for having created such an awesome mod. I'm playing Vampire for the 3rd time (this time as Malkavian) and I really appreciate the changes on the gameplay.

I have a question regarding modding, I understand that the game uses an special version of the Source engine and that some things are difficult (or even imposible) to modify. However, I've seen miracles being pulled by the modding community (like, for example the change of Dementation on this mod).

Would it be possible for you to share what things can be changed and which can't?

Many thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Question about modding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about modding   Question about modding EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 1:29 am

Inadaptado wrote:
Before all I would like to thank you for having created such an awesome mod. I'm playing Vampire for the 3rd time (this time as Malkavian) and I really appreciate the changes on the gameplay.

I have a question regarding modding, I understand that the game uses an special version of the Source engine and that some things are difficult (or even imposible) to modify. However, I've seen miracles being pulled by the modding community (like, for example the change of Dementation on this mod).

Would it be possible for you to share what things can be changed and which can't?

Many thanks Smile

Honestly that would take forever to go through everything and I'd really have to put on my thinking cap. Probably your best bet would to read Dheu's Vampire Guide to Modding, I believe it can be viewed a PlanetVampire.com's forum -OR- you can google "Bloodlines Companion Mod" and visit his site directly, there is a copy of it there as well. I've read most of it myself and it explains ALOT.

I hate to leave you such an empty answer so I'll list a couple things off the top of my head, this is by no means an extensive list, just a couple of things I can think of that relates to CE.

Things you CAN do
Change any numeric value for disciplines
Make particle changes to any discipline
Reskin just about anything in the game
Rename just about anything in the game
Add/Delete props in the game, like People, Items, Weapons, etc...
Create NEW dialogue and assign that dialogue to any NPC in the game
Add/Delete items and NPCs to cutscenes like I did for the opening cut scenes
Change the loading screen wallpaper to anything you like
Create new sound FX
Make minor changes to PC/NPC models and items

Things you CAN'T do (or would be so hard you would give up in frustration)
Create new animations for PCs/NPCs
Create additional Disciplines
Create additional Clans and integrate it into the Character Creation System
Give PC Character Sheet animations to new models (NPC models)
Turn a Passive Discipline into an Active Discipline or vice versa (If this can be done I'd love to know how)

Thats all I can think of right now, do note that with Python scripting MANY MANY things are possible, but if you aren't familiar with Python scripting as I am not then the above applies.

Hope that helps... Cool
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com

Question about modding
Page 1 of 1