Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Modding program?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zeraphina
Fledgling
Fledgling
Zeraphina

Modding program? Empty
PostSubject: Modding program?   Modding program? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:31 am

Didn't really know where to write this, so sorry if this is the wrong site/thread.

Haven't played VTMB for that long, pekrhaps a week ?
Never heard about it before.
Been playng TES: III and TES IV for a long time and relly destroyed (or made it more fun!) the game by moding it.
Well.. Yeah, kind of got stuck in that.
Started up a new game in VTMB as a Malkavian (Female; Who looked like shit) and wanted to mod her.
Found perhaps.. 3 different skins for her by googeling my ass off.
Therefore I thought, I just might do my own.

Found Blender3D and Python.
Read a whole "How to make mods"-manual and know all the basics.
Still, I can't find a MDL-Importer.
So Im wondering which one I should use?
Found a lot of different plugins but non seemed to work.

Any tips of which program I shall use?

(That's all I really need, name or link to the program =/ I'm really stubborn so finding out how a program work is no problem)

.. And sorry bout my english!
I'm finnish and lives in Sweden sooo yeah.. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Modding program? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding program?   Modding program? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi,
welcome to the world of the suckers Cool

Do you really want to do something with the model, or only change the skin?
With models, I can't help you, never tried anything like that.

For the skins, you can get a dds plugin for Photoshop. Or if you don't have that, you can download GIMP along with the dds plugin: http://www.gimp.org/
If you don't want to search the archives for the skin files, I made a download with a short explanation for reskinning, along with all the needed skin files for every clan, armor, and gender, including the inventory icons. You can find it in the Modding tips section of the forum.
It's also easy to use the model+skin from another clan. If you're interested in that, I can help you getting started.

You can find some skins on Planet Vampire, we have a link here on the forum. And I also found an old french vampire forum,
http://www.vampire-network.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=16
they do have some skins as well.

Hope I could help you

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zeraphina
Fledgling
Fledgling
Zeraphina

Modding program? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding program?   Modding program? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 5:52 pm

Thanks a lot!

Found some cool skins at that page =)

Yeah, I've been searching as crazy for that program (Either my vision is selective and ignored the threads with tips or I've been really dumb and missed it) rendeer

I "almost" got it to work earlier this day trough Photoshop, but.. yeah..
The DDS plugin wouldn't show =/

Got it to work trough GIMP so thanks! =)
Must heal my nerves before I go on to this next challenge (.. Making a mod)

Wish me the best of luck! Laughing
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Modding program? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding program?   Modding program? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:46 am

Good luck! And welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Modding program? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding program?   Modding program? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:14 am

Glad I could help.

And if you come up with some good skins, I'd be interested in using them for CE. Most clans could do with a new skin. Many of the npcs as well. But I'm no good artist, so I can't do it myself. No

If you have further questions, just ask. If it's too specific and technical for the forum, send me a PM.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Modding program? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding program?   Modding program? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:40 pm

Welcome Zeraphina

It’s great to see a fellow modder here on TCI. I did some modding for Fallout 3 but that’s about as far into Bethesda’s Gamebryo engine I got. One really nice thing about Gamebryo are all the tools it provides for modding, where as with Bloodline’s modified Source engine, the best we can do is use player made hacks to mod.

Probably the best overall tool you will want to use is VPKTool because you can modify maps, models, and import/export textures. Each texture is made up by 2 parts, a .tth and .ttz file (both are needed so think of them as brother and sister). You cannot directly do anything with either of those files so you will need VPKTool to convert the .ttz file to a .tga file. Once you extract the .tga you can open that up with other programs like Photoshop.

Once you’re done editing the .tga file, you will want to save it as a .dds, which you will need a Photoshop plugin to do that. So now that it’s saved as a .dds file you will want to put that file next to the .ttz and .tth file. Make sure the names are all the same name, like happy.tth, happy.ttz, and happy.dds. Use VPKTool again to convert that .dds file into a .ttz (at which time will rewrite the .tth too). Now you have your new texture, it’s the NEW .tth/.ttz file. YAY!

Those other great tools too, like FileUnpacker which allows you to convert .mdl to .x files for Blender model editing, and Audacity for sound editing. All good fun!
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

Modding program? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding program?   Modding program? Empty

Back to top Go down

Modding program?
Page 1 of 1