Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Discipline Dependencies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

Discipline Dependencies Empty
PostSubject: Discipline Dependencies   Discipline Dependencies EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 7:38 pm

Hi,

would it be possible to give the disciplines more dependency on the skills (or bonuses?).

Right now someone could have Obfuscate 5 without a single skill point. Either way to make it more pen & paper like could be to give bonuses (lesser bloodcost, higher duration whatnot depending on the level of stealth you have).

Something like.

Obf 1 - 10 seks
Obf 2 - 15 seks
Obf 3 - 20 seks
Obf 4 - 25 seks
Obf 5 - 30 seks

Each level of Stealth adds 5 seconds to the timer.

Higher Charisma or Intimidation might have an increased chance on the Presence effect to trigger or to have a higher "fear" effect.

On that note, I didn't buy a single book yet. Haggle seems hard and I have 6 I think. 0 combat skills whatsoever. So the disciplines shouldn't get that much weaker, but more like a synergy bonus if you make him the way how it would work in the WoD.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Discipline Dependencies   Discipline Dependencies EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 7:49 pm

kyoden wrote:
Hi,

would it be possible to give the disciplines more dependency on the skills (or bonuses?).

Right now someone could have Obfuscate 5 without a single skill point. Either way to make it more pen & paper like could be to give bonuses (lesser bloodcost, higher duration whatnot depending on the level of stealth you have).

Something like.

Obf 1 - 10 seks
Obf 2 - 15 seks
Obf 3 - 20 seks
Obf 4 - 25 seks
Obf 5 - 30 seks

Each level of Stealth adds 5 seconds to the timer.

Higher Charisma or Intimidation might have an increased chance on the Presence effect to trigger or to have a higher "fear" effect.

On that note, I didn't buy a single book yet. Haggle seems hard and I have 6 I think. 0 combat skills whatsoever. So the disciplines shouldn't get that much weaker, but more like a synergy bonus if you make him the way how it would work in the WoD.

I am not important and I approve this message.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Discipline Dependencies   Discipline Dependencies EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 5:59 am

IMO the best way for a game to handle it would be that the Sneaking feat would influence how much noise you make and the Obfuscate discipline would make you invisible, but it wouldn't muffle the sounds you make.

However, I'm not sure how well that can be done in the game's engine in it's current state.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Discipline Dependencies   Discipline Dependencies EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:49 pm

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of this idea however even if I was I don't think this would be possible from a technical stand point. I don't know how I would implement this feature, through python? I'm not sure. Sorry Kyoden but keep the ideas coming!
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discipline Dependencies   Discipline Dependencies Empty

Back to top Go down

Discipline Dependencies
Page 1 of 1