Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Screen resolution/No signal problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KingAFW
Fledgling
Fledgling

Screen resolution/No signal problem Empty
PostSubject: Screen resolution/No signal problem   Screen resolution/No signal problem EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 11:37 am

Ive got an annoying problem conserning playing on my TV.
I got my laptop sitting in a corner with a cable for my big screen TV so its not really practical for me to play it directly on the laptop.

Problem is, I am running my computer in 1920x1200 resolution on the TV. Before I installed The Final Nights mod everything worked perfectly but now whenever I start the game my TV goes blank and it says no signal/not compatible signal or some such.

I've tried using the respatcher, switched my TV to 4:3, tried forcing 1920x1200 in the vampire.exe shortcut, tried 16:9 resolution. More or less tried everything I can think off but for some reason it wont work on the TV.

Since everything worked in regular Vampire Bloodlines I thought it kinda strange why this shouldnt work in Final Nights.

Anybody have an idea how to solve this problem?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Screen resolution/No signal problem   Screen resolution/No signal problem EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:25 pm

I have no idiea if this can help in your case, but TFN is built on an old version of the unofficial patch. Perhaps you should copy the dll-s from a more recent patch into your TFN installation.

- geek
Back to top Go down
KingAFW
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Screen resolution/No signal problem   Screen resolution/No signal problem EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 6:51 am

I tried copying all the dll files from the bin folder of a new patch but still same problem.

Im starting to give up Sad But thanks for the suggestion.

Back to top Go down
KingAFW
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Screen resolution/No signal problem   Screen resolution/No signal problem EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:32 am

Btw.

Anyhone else who has a computer hooked up to a tv and got it working?

I have a friend with the exact same problem. Getting desperate, would be nice to play the new mod Smile
Back to top Go down
KingAFW
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Screen resolution/No signal problem   Screen resolution/No signal problem EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:11 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I have no idiea if this can help in your case, but TFN is built on an old version of the unofficial patch. Perhaps you should copy the dll-s from a more recent patch into your TFN installation.

- geek

I think I found out what the problem is. Looks like the game starts up in a higher hz than my tv can handle. Is there any way to force 60hz? Ive been able to change a registry setting for windowedmode and when running windowed it works on the tv.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Screen resolution/No signal problem   Screen resolution/No signal problem EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 11:30 am

Good to hear that you solved the problem. Enjoy the game! Very Happy

- geek
Back to top Go down
KingAFW
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Screen resolution/No signal problem   Screen resolution/No signal problem EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:03 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:

- geek

I didnt solve the problem. I found out what the problem was and wondered if there were any way to force refresh rate Smile

Finally solved it now, the refresh rate is indeed hard coded and set to a refresh rate tv's dont handle. It can be edited with a hex editor and set to 60hz so finally everything works perfectly.
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: Screen resolution/No signal problem   Screen resolution/No signal problem EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 3:28 pm

KingAFW wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

- geek

I didnt solve the problem. I found out what the problem was and wondered if there were any way to force refresh rate Smile

Finally solved it now, the refresh rate is indeed hard coded and set to a refresh rate tv's dont handle. It can be edited with a hex editor and set to 60hz so finally everything works perfectly.

I hooked my computer up to my 32 inch flat screen tv and had no problems playing Final Nights
Back to top Go down
KingAFW
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Screen resolution/No signal problem   Screen resolution/No signal problem EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Hmm, strange, probably depends on the tv then.

I got an LG 42" only 1 year old and I only get 60hz refresh rate when connected to the computer. I guess you run on higher than that since it works?

Ive tried doing something to get a higher refresh rate on the TV but Ive given up. Also read alot about it and got the impression that 60 is max. I dont know much about this though. If you would advice me how to get a higher refresh rate that would be even better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Screen resolution/No signal problem   Screen resolution/No signal problem Empty

Back to top Go down

Screen resolution/No signal problem
Page 1 of 1