Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is it possible to buy all the college experience?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Populism
Neonate
Neonate

Is it possible to buy all the college experience? Empty
PostSubject: Is it possible to buy all the college experience?   Is it possible to buy all the college experience? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 3:45 am

Hello all and thank you for such a great mod.

I was wondering if it is possible to purchase all the college credits in the game with a character that doesn't have any skill in haggle or inspection. I'm working on a difficulty addon for the Camarilla mod and was trying to figure out if I should raise the costs to 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1250.

If I understand the email college, it offers up to 45 dots in your stat pool? I figure only about half should be available to the average player, do to a lack of money. Btw the email college is much better then the original book one.

Also if anyone familiar with modding disciplines reads this...where is the blood cost for renewing disciplines kept? For instance blood buff uses one value to activate and another to renew the timer. Thanks an advance.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to buy all the college experience?   Is it possible to buy all the college experience? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 4:31 am

According to my expeerience, you can use all the lessons from the colege, even with no haggling skill. But only if you do the Venus quests before you set out to the Dane, and don't spend much money on weapons, ammo, or armor.

And you can't get a fixed number of 45 dots. What you get is 45 lessons, each costing 250$, and replacing 3xp for abilities only.
If you use all the books to maximum effect, you get the equivalent of 44 college lessons.
This is also the reason why the second dot costs the same as the first one (3 xp = 1 lesson). But "study time" represented by bloodloss is longer for the 2nd dot.
So, if you intend to make it harder, I'd suggest you increase the basic cost for a lesson, the bloodloss-rate, or the required research minimum for different levels.
Or you make the basic cost dependent on the haggling skill.

I'm not really experienced with discipline editing. But according to Zer0morph, the renewal-cost for bloodbuff is hardcoded. So he could change the initial cost, but not the renewal cost.

Hope this info will help you.
- geek
Back to top Go down
Populism
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to buy all the college experience?   Is it possible to buy all the college experience? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 4:45 am

Wow that was fast...I'm still looking around your site, your one of the mod makers I believe. Thanks for helping. Would the price for each lesson be located in the experience file? I'll keep looking.

Another question if I may, I know I'm going to need to increase Hannah and Tin Can Bills scripted damage they recieve due to the increase of HP they now have. Do I need to edit downtown.pyc? or is downtown.py enough? If I do, what editing program does .pyc use?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to buy all the college experience?   Is it possible to buy all the college experience? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 4:56 am

Populism wrote:
Wow that was fast...I'm still looking around your site, your one of the mod makers I believe. Thanks for helping. Would the price for each lesson be located in the experience file? I'll keep looking.
everything you need for the college is either in vamputil.py, or in the havenpc file in \vdata\hackterms\

Quote :
Another question if I may, I know I'm going to need to increase Hannah and Tin Can Bills scripted damage they recieve due to the increase of HP they now have. Do I need to edit downtown.pyc? or is downtown.py enough? If I do, what editing program does .pyc use?
For the python scripts, you only edit the .py files. They are the source code. The pyc files are the compiled data for the engine. Pyc files get recompiled by the game, when the date flag of the py is more recent than the one on the pyc.

- geek

Last edited by Childe of Malkav on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Populism
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to buy all the college experience?   Is it possible to buy all the college experience? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 5:13 am

You are very helpful and thanks again for the fast reply, actually read the same thing you said about pyc files just now on a web search. 1 problem down...going to work on college costs now.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to buy all the college experience?   Is it possible to buy all the college experience? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 9:06 am

Populism wrote:

Also if anyone familiar with modding disciplines reads this...where is the blood cost for renewing disciplines kept? For instance blood buff uses one value to activate and another to renew the timer. Thanks an advance.

Childe of Malkav wrote:

I'm not really experienced with discipline editing. But according to Zer0morph, the renewal-cost for bloodbuff is hardcoded. So he could change the initial cost, but not the renewal cost.

The renewal cost may be hardcoded, but it is possible for activation and renewal to have different durations.

The discipline duations are in Bloodlines/vampire/vdata/system/stats.txt. For each level of the discipline you have an "initial" and an "add" duration.

This is what my TFN tweak for Blood Buff looks like. Becuse I've made activation cost 1 point at all levels and renewal is hardcoded at 3, I've made the renewal durations 3x as high as the activation duraton. That way you get what you payed for when you renew it.

Code:
Durations
            {
               "Initial_1"      "30"
               "Add_1"      "90"

"Initial_2"      "60"
               "Add_2"      "180"

"Initial_3"      "90"
               "Add_3"      "270"

"Initial_4"      "120"
               "Add_4"      "360"

"Initial_5"      "180"
               "Add_5"      "540"
            }
Back to top Go down
Populism
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to buy all the college experience?   Is it possible to buy all the college experience? EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 7:17 pm

Thanks Dragatus, I've actually done the same thing...cept for duration difference on blood buff. I changed it so it scales differently and maxes out at 3 per stat instead of 5. I was just hoping I could have the renew cost at 1 bp like the rest.

Also toyed with getting the disciplines (certain ones) to be indefinate with the ability to shut them off. Couldn't get it to work cleanly.

I've doubled the cost of the college, seems fitting so far. Whoever came up with that idea is brillant, nice to have something else to spend money on...and with so many choices.

The addon is just about finished, but as you go, you learn and want to do more. Going to do another search about the A.I script used for frenzy. I want to change the 5th lvl animalism discipline to true frenzy for 20 seconds with a delay of 60 seconds.

Any imput you guys have or tips are most welcome.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to buy all the college experience?   Is it possible to buy all the college experience? EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:38 am

I don't think it is possible to make the duration infinite. But if you make the time long enough, 10 minutes or so, it's about the same...
Keep in mind though, that some things like entering dialog mode or certain cutscenes shut off all disciplines. That is hardcoded.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Populism
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to buy all the college experience?   Is it possible to buy all the college experience? EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 5:04 am

Yeah, I tried about everything I could think of...and I like your idea, tried that earlier but to make it convincing I'd have to hide the timer and I wasn't able to do it.

Funny thing is, the more I change the disciplines..the more I see why you all set them up how you did. I'm actually changing blood buff back to +5 at max, with altered scaling and shorter durations...also no more duration stacking.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to buy all the college experience?   Is it possible to buy all the college experience? EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 5:14 am

Most of the discipline changes have been made by Zer0morph, before I took responsibility for CE. So I can't say a lot about these things.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to buy all the college experience?   Is it possible to buy all the college experience? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to buy all the college experience?
Page 1 of 1