Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thoughts on having actually finished a playthrough of TFN

Go down 
+6
Karavolos
Zer0Morph
Claudia
SaulottheGentle
Dragatus
temporae
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Thoughts on having actually finished a playthrough of TFN - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on having actually finished a playthrough of TFN   Thoughts on having actually finished a playthrough of TFN - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:35 pm

temporae wrote:
Also, fyi the 'urgency' in my last post was more from not knowing how long you would have to work/hang around TFN this time around, as this is the first time I've been able to get your opinion of my feedback since I joined these forums a few months ago.

How is real life treating you these days?

No problem. Yeah it's amazing at how long it takes to mod even the simplest things in this wretched game. I've done alot of modding for Fallout 3, both Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights 1, and spent most of my time on Bloodlines. Well Bloodlines definitely gets my vote for the most difficult game to mod, especially with the limited tools we have. We don't really mod the game, we hack it. We do things it wasn't meant to do with varied results.

So as far as reskinning an entire character set, update the inventory icons, add bump mapping, then test it, takes awhile. Then on top of it if I want to do something REALLY cool then I import the model into Blender and go to town which adds a whole different element of complexity. For instance, the Samedi male required by far the most model editing and took me over a month of dedicated modding to complete.

As far as real life goes, things don't look great between Aphrodite and I (my RL girlfriend). Other than that work and bodybuilding still take up most of my time. I still don't have any kids and still live alone fortunately. I just bought a new car so I can't afford to go out anymore so modding may end up back on my plate for those late Friday and Saturday nights. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
temporae
Neonate
Neonate
temporae

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on having actually finished a playthrough of TFN   Thoughts on having actually finished a playthrough of TFN - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Temporae wrote:
I would rather not think about the Samedi female...it's just disgusting looking enough on the male

"Aw come on, I like cuddles and long walks on the beach." What a Face

LOL, so perfectly creepy and fitting. What a Face

Dragatus wrote:
Feral wrote:
Karavolos wrote:
Feral wrote:
What do you have against going on all fours, Unicorn?

Unicorn? Is Temporae a Salubri?

If memory serves... scratch
Or maybe I am mistaken...

I think you mixed her up with Sally.

I'm a guy who happens to appreciate Super Girl (from Smallville) in a darker outfit. Alas, don't we all wish I was her? Suspect

Zer0Morph wrote:

No problem. Yeah it's amazing at how long it takes to mod even the simplest things in this wretched game. I've done alot of modding for Fallout 3, both Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights 1, and spent most of my time on Bloodlines. Well Bloodlines definitely gets my vote for the most difficult game to mod, especially with the limited tools we have. We don't really mod the game, we hack it. We do things it wasn't meant to do with varied results.

So as far as reskinning an entire character set, update the inventory icons, add bump mapping, then test it, takes awhile. Then on top of it if I want to do something REALLY cool then I import the model into Blender and go to town which adds a whole different element of complexity. For instance, the Samedi male required by far the most model editing and took me over a month of dedicated modding to complete.

As far as real life goes, things don't look great between Aphrodite and I (my RL girlfriend). Other than that work and bodybuilding still take up most of my time. I still don't have any kids and still live alone fortunately. I just bought a new car so I can't afford to go out anymore so modding may end up back on my plate for those late Friday and Saturday nights. Smile

I figured that was the case; with every mod I've come across on VtMB, it seems like all that can really be changed with the game is a small group of superficial aspects. It makes me wish we really had access to the source code and whatnot to bring out something fans of the game would really enjoy (a sequel? where we get to actually have a real convo with Gary? a real, from-the-ground-up "Final Nights" in which shady taxi driver dude finally steps out of the shadows? maybe a game that isn't based on a false premise? [the sarcophagus actually having an ancient) and on and on and on -_- ).

Hopefully the few skins left to do wouldn't take that much time, since less editing should be required (maybe more color though? seems to be lacking overall in the game lol).

Not good to hear about the gf and bad times, but seems like everyone goes through rocky times with relationships. It's why we find other avenues for imagination when RL bears down on people, else we'd go mad trying to sort through things with nothing but personal troubles to focus on. Instead, figure out why that Blender isn't working right with that model xD ahaahah Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on having actually finished a playthrough of TFN   Thoughts on having actually finished a playthrough of TFN - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:51 am

temporae wrote:
I had to strategically plan a lot of encounters, especially ones that needed stealth to get those XP bonuses.
What, there's more than one?! Shocked

temporae wrote:
I'm a guy
Damn.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on having actually finished a playthrough of TFN   Thoughts on having actually finished a playthrough of TFN - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 12:20 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
temporae wrote:
I'm a guy
Damn.
Thoughts on having actually finished a playthrough of TFN - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeY9A4-xS8Vk7ve-RiByBRB-RwXWnBbPr1XgGoEIt-r7nkESNR_g
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on having actually finished a playthrough of TFN   Thoughts on having actually finished a playthrough of TFN - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 1:20 pm

Thoughts on having actually finished a playthrough of TFN - Page 2 Flee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on having actually finished a playthrough of TFN   Thoughts on having actually finished a playthrough of TFN - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on having actually finished a playthrough of TFN
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2