Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game Breaking Bug - Map Mutilation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Griever
Fledgling
Fledgling
Griever

Game Breaking Bug - Map Mutilation Empty
PostSubject: Game Breaking Bug - Map Mutilation   Game Breaking Bug - Map Mutilation EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 8:15 am

So we all know that the Skyeline Apartment Haven, and to a lesser extent the building, has been a serious problem for a long time.

However, it has only been a problem during certain portions of the game for me, and therefore I have always lived with it. This is fine. Even pre-Camarilla Edition I experienced some wonky things in the Skyeline Apartments, and I didn't even think to consider the mod as the culprit.

With this new, final release of Camarilla Edition however, on my first playthrough (male Ventrue) once I unlocked Chinatown things began to get really weird. The bug (which manifested sometime after I unlocked Hollywood -- random objects replacing the computer, mailbox, door handles, elevator buttons) seems to have spilled out into the whole game.

When I first went to Chinatown, things were HUGELY bugged, all over. Wrong proportions, blown out roofs, different objects -- I immediately saved and reloaded, and that seemed to fix the issue.

I ran into my second problem going back to Skyeline, where it was horribly bugged still. Leaving Skyeline behind entirely, I started operating Gary/Mitnick/Bertram quests out of my old Santa Monica haven (where my computer still was, thank God) but Downtown is horribly wrecked now. All sewer lids don't work -- I tried a work-around by entering the sewer through Skyeline Apartments (braving gigantic stalagmites of miniature skyscrapers jutting out of the floor) and still the lids won't work, as I tried to get to the library for this new Beckett quest.

Camarilla Edition is amazing, especially the ideas implemented here -- but this is game breaking guys. Any ideas for a work around?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Game Breaking Bug - Map Mutilation   Game Breaking Bug - Map Mutilation EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:02 am

Reinstall the game and mod?
To clarify: you don't have other mods installed with CE?

And welcome to the forum, Griever! Hope you stick around.
Cool avatar, btw.
Back to top Go down
Griever
Fledgling
Fledgling
Griever

PostSubject: Re: Game Breaking Bug - Map Mutilation   Game Breaking Bug - Map Mutilation EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:28 am

Thanks!

Yeah I don't have any other mods installed.

I'm deeply pleased to report that while I had exited Vampire to write my post asking for help, afterward I booted it back up to see about combating the bug some more with save/load attempts. When I loaded my game everything -- including Skyeline Apartments -- were back to normal.

I was at a loss for words why this was, except I realized that I HAD been playing for 19 hours straight. Apparently the game doesn't like it when you keep it running that long, it's the only explanation that I can conceivably think of.

Yes, I played Vampire so long I actually broke it. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Game Breaking Bug - Map Mutilation   Game Breaking Bug - Map Mutilation EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:22 am

Congrats, man!
You are going to make it OK on the forum...lol! 
And, yeah, I noticed it too: you need to make brakes. Otherwise either the game breaks or you do.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Game Breaking Bug - Map Mutilation   Game Breaking Bug - Map Mutilation EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 6:17 pm

Yep, I've noticed that too. My guess is that every mapload adds to the content in the precache, until at some point the game can't handle all that stuff anymore. And then the random bugs get out of hand.

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Breaking Bug - Map Mutilation   Game Breaking Bug - Map Mutilation Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Breaking Bug - Map Mutilation
Page 1 of 1