Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Baali Female Concept

Go down 
+5
ThePhilosopher
Zer0Morph
Jad.3
Feral
Childe of Malkav
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
temporae
Neonate
Neonate
temporae

New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Baali Female Concept   New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 7:05 pm

Dragatus wrote:
How about this for the Baali:

Merit: Your Blood Timer is not influenced by low Humanity.
Flaw: Humanity maximum of 6.

This would make the "clan" perfectly suited for low Humanity characters, which is exactly what they're supposed to be.

Makes sense too, quite cold-blooded and cunning so they shouldn't have regard for humanity (other than manipulating it).

Basic premise stands though: current Baali bonus is ludicrous, all other clans have issue with it  Neutral 
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: New Baali Female Concept   New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 5:54 pm

Wow I really like that idea! It would be easy to implement too!
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: New Baali Female Concept   New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 7:17 pm

Hm, if the bloodloss isn't affected by humanity, then humanity max. 6 isn't really a problem. Especially not compared to the flaws of other clans like the Setite's -1 soak, or harder frenzy checks...

geek 
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: New Baali Female Concept   New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 1:34 am

That's true. Individually the flaw is weak compared to many others. But I think that when you look at both the bonus and the flaw as a package deal, it's still fine. The end result is a character that has an easy time being evil and that's what I want from a Baali.

The flaw would be more significant if not only low Humanity would reduce the Blood timer, but in addition to that high Humanity would increase it.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: New Baali Female Concept   New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 4:29 am

yea, a bonus on bloodloss for high humanity would do the trick. Maybe something like I use now for playing Wesps patch or cqm: Base is 5 minutes for stamina 1 and humanity 6. Time is increased by 30 seconds for every extra point of stamina, for every humanity point above 6, and if you have the bloodstar.
For every humanity point below 6, one minute is substracted.
Of course this only works with a lower humanity limit of 3 (sometimes 2 for a Toreador).

geek 
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: New Baali Female Concept   New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 3:58 am

You could do it a little differently and make the base Blood Timer 90 seconds and then add 30 seconds for each point of Stamina and Humanity that the player has. That gives 5 minutes for Stamina 1, Humanity 6 and doesn't break at super low Humanity values.

The Baali in this scenario would have the Blood Timer base set to 270 seconds and then add 30 seconds for each point of Stamina. So with Stamina 1 it's 5 minutes and each point beyond that increases it by half a minute. Alternatively the Baali could have a lower base timer, maybe 4 minutes. That way you'd have the bloodloss rate of someone with Humanity 5, regardless of your actual Humanity levels.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: New Baali Female Concept   New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 1:24 pm

What I wonder is if the books are right about this, but either way...

Spoiler:

Completely new eyes, working exactly as the defaults - it has a bit more shine in game though, like other eye textures. I did also make one where the irises are a bit more visible(i.e the Asari mind link eyes in ME).
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: New Baali Female Concept   New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 3:15 pm

Whoa... creepy. Where did her iris' go?
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: New Baali Female Concept   New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 5:38 pm

She still has them, only they are completely black. Most depictions of Baali in the clan book have eyes like that, at least the few where their eyes are completely visible and open.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: New Baali Female Concept   New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 6:24 pm

It's a strange coincidence that you happen to post Baali eyes today because I was seriously thinking about making the Baali eyes in TFN more "normal" and less extreme. I have a hard time playing a Baali character because people would be flipping out about their eyes, so it makes it unrealistic for me to play.

Thoughts anyone?
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: New Baali Female Concept   New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 8:08 pm

New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 Strauss
Strauss wrote:
What, did you think I wore these as a fashion statement?
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: New Baali Female Concept   New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 8:25 pm

Hiding behind glasses certainly is an option, with one problem. The male Baali models do not have them.

So it would either fall to a Suspension of Disbelief if added as the default(although Baali do have presence, so they could charm people they talk to into avoiding mentioning or seeing them), or they could be added in two ways: Either through an option at installation(which could offer choices of normal/Black/RedIrisBlackEyballs[i.e current]), or having the effect be progressive(meaning the eyes go from normal to completely black with the fourth armor - though this still has the problem of the male models not having sunglasses).
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: New Baali Female Concept   New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 4:58 am

malak wrote:
Strauss wrote:
You're saying the Tremere Regent and Primogen is...
Could make for an interesting sidestory, with different conclusions in TFN depending on the player's clan.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: New Baali Female Concept   New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 6:05 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
malak wrote:
Strauss wrote:
Could make for an interesting sidestory, with different conclusions in TFN depending on the player's clan.

I shudder at the thought!

As for the eyeballs, I am torn. The black one fit malice the Baali are perfectly. On the other hand they are stealthy and deceptive, not to mention hunted. Whole Clan Tremere dead set on killing you is quite an encouragement to blend in. Such a dead giveaway is a big no-no for them.

Such an irony the Baali hide mostly among the Usurpers. Darkest spot is always under the street lamp, no? lol!

Last edited by Feral on Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ADHD. And yes, I had a lot of Adderal today... Oh, shiny!)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: New Baali Female Concept   New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 6:40 am

Feral wrote:
... Darkest spot is always under the street lamp, no? lol!
No, but the cops look for evil only in the dark...
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: New Baali Female Concept   New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 12:50 pm

Feral wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
malak wrote:
Strauss wrote:

I shudder at the thought!

As for the eyeballs, I am torn. The black one fit malice the Baali are perfectly. On the other hand they are stealthy and deceptive, not to mention hunted. Whole Clan Tremere dead set on killing you is quite an encouragement to blend in. Such a dead giveaway is a big no-no for them.

Such an irony the Baali hide mostly among the Usurpers. Darkest spot is always under the street lamp, no? lol!

It certainly would make for an interesting change to the story, especially if one would somehow let it slip, and perhaps make the cute mistake of pursuing the Camarilla ending. Although this suggests that Strauss would be able to tell you were a Baali, which it seems lorewise that most Tremere cannot. Not sure what it says in the book about the eyes, but I'd guess it might be possible for some Vampires to have unusually colored eyes, and not have it cause alarm. If for any reason Strauss would test a sample of your blood, or possibly have some magical means of testing it once accepting you into the chantry(you know, just to be sure that he is right about you being a Tremere).

Otherwise, here is the other black option, along with a red.

Spoiler:

Would see better detail in the image if I could get closer, but then there is Source and it's bloody issue with things getting transparent when close to the camera(at least the player models, anyway).
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: New Baali Female Concept   New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 1:44 pm

To be honest, I'm not really a fan of these modified eyes. I prefer them more normal.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: New Baali Female Concept   New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:01 pm

Draggy wrote:
To be honest, I'm not really a fan of these modified eyes. I prefer them more normal.

Maxus, I have to agree with Draggy on this one, I actually like the eyes the color they are now better too. I really appreciate your work however. The good thing is, you can easily change the eyes to whatever you want them to be once you install the game, clearly you know how. Smile

As far as keeping them how they are now, or making them more 'normal', should I go ahead and do that for this release? If so, what color should I make them that would be lore friendly?
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: New Baali Female Concept   New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:11 pm

Maxus Corvin wrote:

It certainly would make for an interesting change to the story, especially if one would somehow let it slip, and perhaps make the cute mistake of pursuing the Camarilla ending. Although this suggests that Strauss would be able to tell you were a Baali, which it seems lorewise that most Tremere cannot. Not sure what it says in the book about the eyes, but I'd guess it might be possible for some Vampires to have unusually colored eyes, and not have it cause alarm. If for any reason Strauss would test a sample of your blood, or possibly have some magical means of testing it once accepting you into the chantry(you know, just to be sure that he is right about you being a Tremere).

IIRC, distinguishing a Baali from a Tremere requires a Thaumaturgy 5, diff 9 check. Not gonna work typically. Even if it does, it would probably be assumed that you sire was simply from one of the other houses (Flambeaux, for instance). Also, why would anyone think to test you? They knew your sire. Maybe not well, since you were embraced outside the pyramid, but they did know him.

then there is that little habit Baali have of 'embracing' other Kindred into their clan. Strauss does drop a few occult tidbits and goodies for basically free. Could he be recruiting?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: New Baali Female Concept   New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:15 pm

Yes yes Malak, I agree on all points, but I still need to know what to do about the eyes. Beta testing begins shortly, possibly even next week.

PS: I noticed nobody commented on my Tier 2 and 3 skins for the female Assamite in my other thread. Did they suck that bad?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: New Baali Female Concept   New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:23 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Yes yes Malak, I agree on all points, but I still need to know what to do about the eyes. Beta testing begins shortly, possibly even next week.
intersting

Quote :
PS: I noticed nobody commented on my Tier 2 and 3 skins for the female Assamite in my other thread. Did they suck that bad?
Rest assured, if they were that bad, somebody would have complained. Razz
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: New Baali Female Concept   New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 5:10 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
intersting

Quote :
Rest assured, if they were that bad, somebody would have complained. Razz

Ditto.

I think they look well. Unassuming. Regular chic, so to speak. Ideal mask for a demon worshiper.
I may post more when I finish fixing my mothers computer or use it as a sacrifice...
Must... Control... The Beast...

*Frenzies*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Baali Female Concept   New Baali Female Concept - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Baali Female Concept
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2