Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen

Go down 
+2
Karavolos
kyoden
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen Empty
PostSubject: History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen   History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 8:01 am

Hi,

I would recommend adding the modifier value (like +2 to lockpicking) to the history description screen. It does lead a bit more to min maxing, but people that want to do it will do it anyways as they can see the change on the next screen. Its a pain in the ass to do so though. Also, From what I see on the initial clan/history selection screen there is no reason to pick a history at all. Players always look into al lthe factors and choose from them. Maybe a history sounds appealing, but usually the stat modifier(s) are the final selling point.

And it helps alot for testing, if I know what stats should be modified Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen   History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 1:16 pm

I'm really trying to get away from min/maxing, I honestly can't stand it, but I do understand that not everyone wants to "role"-play their character like I do, so I suppose I can put the bonus in the feat description (with much disdain).
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen   History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 2:47 pm

It's done, I added the feat bonuses into the description, with much reluctance. Can't say I never did something against my better judgment for the community. LOL Razz
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen   History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 3:49 pm

If it makes you feel better, I prefer having the modifiers in the description.
I almost gave up creating a testcharacter because I had to go the ststs screen and back for every history. So I skipped reading the descriptions and went strait to the stats page to look for the effects...
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen   History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 4:00 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
If it makes you feel better, I prefer having the modifiers in the description.
I almost gave up creating a testcharacter because I had to go the ststs screen and back for every history. So I skipped reading the descriptions and went strait to the stats page to look for the effects...

So far 3/3 beta testers wanted bonuses stated in the description so obviously I'm in the minority here. Yeah, that does make me feel better.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen   History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 2:31 pm

Even the father of all Vampires can be wrong from time to time, and I'll even admit it.

Okay so last night I loaded up a new character with the bonus' in the descriptions and you guys were right, it's MUCH MUCH better. I even have to admit that I liked it a lot better too. Thanks for pointing it out and suggesting it, despite my reluctance to do it.

This community rocks! bounce
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen   History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 2:51 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
the father of all Vampires
Who is also a Brujah What a Face
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen   History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 3:03 pm

Karavolos wrote:

The BEST clan!! LOL (I'm gonna get heat for saying that aren't I?) Razz
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen   History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 5:09 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Karavolos wrote:

The BEST clan!! LOL (I'm gonna get heat for saying that aren't I?) Razz

Nah, the Tremere will just add a note to your file for this claim. The only 'heat' you might get is a fistful of fire (Lure of Flames aw yiss) from one of our more eager youngsters, but obviously that's gonna happen so far in the future that you won't make the connection between both events. So don't worry about it, we bookworms got you covered. study  (Also, as Librarian, I have to admit that keeping records up to date is one of the more pleasant duties. A job you can do in the safety of the Chantry Library, with a nice mug of microwaved blood and some relaxing music? Sign me up.)
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen   History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 5:47 pm

Quote :
A job you can do in the safety of the Chantry Library, with a nice mug of microwaved blood and some relaxing music? Sign me up.)

Ewwww microwaved blood? When I was a kid, I had this terrible nose bleed that wouldn't stop so for fun, I let it bleed on a small microwavable saucer. Once I filled the saucer with blood, I put it in the microwave to see what it would do. The blood boiled and hardened.... and the smell, OMg the smell, it was worse than burnt hair....  I've tried this.... so I wouldn't if I were you. LOL

I suppose THIS Brujah can tolerate you Wizards, but I did have a run-in with a Setite earlier this week and I see why nobody would willingly invite one of these snakes into their home, LOL.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen   History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 7:19 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:

I suppose THIS Brujah can tolerate you Wizards, but I did have a run-in with a Setite earlier this week and I see why nobody would willingly invite one of these snakes into their home, LOL.

The Tzimisce would... Resulting in a very long snake lol! And a Fiend with added Obfuscate, Presence, Serpentis. Imagine this, an eternal interrogation, Soviet style. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen   History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 7:39 pm

Feral wrote:
The Tzimisce would... Resulting in a very long snake lol! And a Fiend with added Obfuscate, Presence, Serpentis. Imagine this, an eternal interrogation, Soviet style. Twisted Evil

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen   History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 4:56 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Feral wrote:

lol! lol!
Sounds like fun...
Well, probably not for the snake...

But in this case, wtf.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen   History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen Empty

Back to top Go down

History stat modifier not shown in Character Creation Screen
Page 1 of 1