Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Final Nights Series Information

Go down 
+8
Kelben
Maximus1
Childe of Malkav
ArchonJonus
Velvet
8people
edoardo17
Zer0Morph
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

The Final Nights Series Information Empty
PostSubject: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 4:07 pm

The Final Nights Series Information 110mb1u

One of the first things you may notice in the title is that the "B" is missing from VTMB, this is not an accident. The Final Nights is an expansion to an otherwise flawless video game built upon the success of the Camarilla Edition series of mods. The "B" has been removed because this expansion can no longer bare the name Bloodlines as it is so far removed from the original game as to warrant the name change. The idea behind this expansion is, and always will be the notion of a completely new experience unlike we've seen so far.

With 7 completely brand new clans, 5 new disciplines, extra quests, re-written dialogue for the new clans, new music and modified maps, the features seem endless. All of this is being built upon the Camarilla Edition series incorporating such things as the blood timer system, pedestrian blood dolls, and the new combat system. Combined we feel the name Bloodlines must be removed from this game, and thus we now simply have "The Final Nights".

For more information on TFN click here

Download TFN Ver. 1.0
Stay Tuned...

Official The Final Nights Forum

Last edited by Zer0Morph on Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
edoardo17
Neonate
Neonate
edoardo17

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:17 pm

What is the different between this one and CE 1.3??
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:47 pm

Um, read the topic, the information linked, and the sticky in the top forum called "What is Camarilla Edition."
Back to top Go down
edoardo17
Neonate
Neonate
edoardo17

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:58 pm

yes,i have read..but what mod do you suggest?
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:45 am

can you overlay TFN upon any of the CEs, or do we need Vanilla?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 1:43 pm

Velvet wrote:
can you overlay TFN upon any of the CEs, or do we need Vanilla?

Well the actual installation process hasn't been decided yet though I imagine we'll have just the standard "Install this file over Bloodlines 1.0 and TFN will take care of the rest". Thats how CE does it and it's worked pretty good so far. Like CE we will probably include Official Patch 1.2 and UP 6.5 in with it as well.

However I must note that TFN 1.0 is being built upon CE 1.2 so everything that was in CE 1.2 will also be in TFN 1.0, minus the 7 original clans and the discipline dependent on them of course. But things like the rules changes, the bloodloss system, the blooddolls and any other change CE 1.2 made will be included in TFN 1.0.

So it's basically everything you loved about CE minus the email college and the other nick nacks that Childe of Malkav threw in on CE 1.3 and future versions he releases.

Does that answer your question or was I way off base? lol
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 10:40 am

sort off.
there is an uninstall for CE 1.3,
and then i would suggest that you install over CE at least, since you don't already know how but are drawing stuff from it,
though which CE i wouldn't know what to suggest
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 12:01 pm

I guess I'm not exactly sure what you mean, install over CE? You mean uninstall over CE 1.2? CE 1.2 will be included with TFN so all you'll need to do is install TFN 1.0 over Bloodlines 1.0.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 1:54 pm

my question is, i already have CE 1.3

will i have to uninstal CE 1.3, uninstall CE 1.2., to try to render my game vanilla, and only then instal TFN?

or can i install TFN over CE 1.3?
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 2:43 pm

You could do a secondary installation.

The mods are separate though. They have different aims for the game and no reason for both in the same run.
Back to top Go down
ArchonJonus
Neonate
Neonate
ArchonJonus

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 3:34 pm

Velvet wrote:
my question is, i already have CE 1.3

will i have to uninstal CE 1.3, uninstall CE 1.2., to try to render my game vanilla, and only then instal TFN?

or can i install TFN over CE 1.3?

This is what I would like to know as well.

I'm not sure what you mean by a 'secondary installation' 8people; I don't want the game installed twice on my system.
Back to top Go down
http://archonjonus.net
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 5:01 pm

Ahh OK I understand what you're saying now.

The answer is no, I wouldn't touch your CE installed Bloodlines. Uninstalling CE will actually break your Bloodlines game, we found. I guess I don't know why we even have an uninstall feature actually lol.

What you would want to do is either A) Install a second copy of Bloodlines on your system, then install TFN on top of that. Or B) Wipe out your copy of CE and Bloodlines, then reinstall a fresh copy of Bloodlines and install TFN over it.

Either way you will want a fresh copy of Bloodlines, whether it's a reinstall or a second copy install.

Note: IF you have a copy of CE 1.0, 1.1, or 1.2 installed, you may install TFN over THAT copy, but if you have CE 1.3 or further versions, you will want a fresh new copy of Bloodlines.

Does that help?
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 7:33 pm

ArchonJonus wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by a 'secondary installation' 8people; I don't want the game installed twice on my system.

Then you'll have to use batch files or pick which mod you want Wink
Back to top Go down
ArchonJonus
Neonate
Neonate
ArchonJonus

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:42 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Ahh OK I understand what you're saying now.

Note: IF you have a copy of CE 1.0, 1.1, or 1.2 installed, you may install TFN over THAT copy, but if you have CE 1.3 or further versions, you will want a fresh new copy of Bloodlines.

Does that help?

This makes it very clear, to me at least. Thanks for the information.
Back to top Go down
http://archonjonus.net
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:52 am

the first time i played the game, a friend had loaned me the PC Game CDs.
but then one of the CDs got scratched, so i had to buy it.
(like the oracle says, the point is not whether you win or loose or play, but, have you bought it? so i ended up buying it Wink )
but this time i bought it online.
you downloaded some packs into your computer, and you were given the option of erase those packs after installation, which i DIDN'T choose, i still have those packs.
so yes i guess after i finish CE 1.3. i can unistall everything and install again from those packs.

one question, though:
how does it work to install two copie of the game at the same time?
i would need to create a directory for that, no?
so that i could have CE and TFN both in my computer?

information? advice? suggestions?

and more to the point: there are uninstall for CE 1.3 and for CE 1.2 apart for the game itself. and i installed CE 1.3 over CE 1.2, which i installed over 1.0. do i have to unistall in a progressive manner?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 3:24 pm

You're welcome Archon!

To Velvet,

To have 2 seperate copies of Bloodlines on the same machine, you would want to install a new fresh copy of Bloodlines on your computer. Before installing any mods or anything you would want to go into Windows Explorer and make a copy of the Vampire - Bloodlines folder and place it somewhere on your C:\, thats your second copy. Now your original install will have made a shortcut on your desktop, so you will need to go into Explorer to your second copy location and manually create a second shortcut to your desktop pointing to your 2nd install location.

From there you can install CE on one of your copies of Bloodlines, and TFN and your other. Doing this will give you access to all 14 clans in 2 seperate games. This is pretty much the whole idea behind the CE/TFN duo of mods, they are meant to more or less be the same mod but with 14 different clans to choose from.

For your 2nd question about uninstalling CE 1.3, 1.2, etc... I can't remember if the CE mods are placed in your add/remove programs or not. If they are, and you want to uninstall CE I would uninstall them in the order you installed them. 1.3 first, 1.2 second, 1.0 last, then I would uninstall Bloodlines.

If you don't see CE in your add/remove programs then I wouldn't worry about it. I would just uninstall Bloodliens then go into Windows Explorer and manually delete the Vampire - Bloodlines folder to make sure it's all gone.

Note: Honestly it doesn't matter if you use the CE uninstaller or not, the only reason I would use add/remove programs to uninstall CE is so that you don't have those floating around in your registry. Other than that it doesn't matter.

Did I answer your question?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 5:40 pm

If you have enough disk space, I'd suggest you make two copies, one for CE, one for TFN. Then you still have a clean bloodlines installation on your computer, and can make further copies, if you want to try some other mod or patch. This is the way I do it.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 6:33 pm

Wow...amazing to see you've continued on past your original vision of Camarilla. TFN sounds ambitious and very cool...I can't wait to give it a go when you have it finally finished. 2 Thumbs up Z cheers
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 7:20 pm

Hey Max! It's great to see you posting on here again, missed you bud!

We're all very excited about TFN, I hope we can release it in the next few months or so. Right now I'm working with the best group of guys I've ever met online and TFN would not have been possible without them. CE's Childe of Malkav is doing all the python scripting for TFN, while Scarecrow has been writing all of the new dialogue and has done a wonderful job voice acting the new NPCs. We also have a new guy named The Philospher helping with the lip movements for the new NPCs, which is a huge undertaking.

All in all, the 4 of us have been killing this thing and we can't wait to get it out to you guys! farao
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 9:42 pm

Sounds great Z, in truth I stopped posting on the boards for several reasons. One, you were going on Hiatus from CE ( well deserved ) and then my Hard Drive failed on me. Lost all my games, browser bookmarks etc, etc so I started playing FO3 a bit after getting my system back up and running. Forgot about Bloodlines for a bit ( FO3 can be addictive with good mods ), and then even recently re-installed Oblivion hearing about a good Vamp mod coming out for it soon called Unholy Darkness....it's going to do for Oblivion what CE did for Bloodlines, as vanilla vamps in Oblivion pretty much plain suck as I know you know.

Anyhow, I'm back, but you won't see a TON of posts from me over the next month or 3. Reason is my daughter and myself are in the last month of training for our black belts, and as of tomorrow we are in the final stage of our "challenge" and it's no TV, and Computers for 4 weeks, training every day etc, etc and then we test. I'm also in the process of moving the family to FLA, so during the months of Aug / Sept and maybe October I'll be pretty busy. Depends on when the house closing happens, how fast I can move, get set up and get an ISP running again. But you can be sure I'll be giving TFN's a go, soon as I get myself organized after the big move. Glad to be back and talking with you again Z Very Happy I might have to sneak in a few posts during the next 4 weeks to stay abreast of things, but I won't be here all that often, until after our testing is done. Keep up the great work buddy !! TTYS, Max
Back to top Go down
Kelben
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:51 am

Be courageous with your black belt! Karate? Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 9:13 am

That sounds good Max, goodluck with your move to Florida and your promotion to Black Belt. Does this mean you will register as a lethal weapon?

I bet you always choose Brawl for your characters don't you, LOL. Well it's great seeing you again and we aim not to disappoint when it comes time for TFN's release! Stay in touch always Max!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 10:06 am

Hi Maximus,

nice to see you're still among the undead. Good luck with your plans.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 10:13 am

Saw that I had a reply in my mailbox, so thought I'd do a quick post before my day begins.

@Kelben No...not Karate. Our master instructor has been doing MA's for 30+ years and has multiple BB's in around 8-9 styles. He's removed all the frivolous "crap" and only teaches what is actually viable in a combat / street situation facing real would-be-bad-Guys. Vitally important for me as a Dad, for my daughters sake in this messed up, sometimes horribly violent and wrong world we all live in. She's my little "butt kicker", I've seen her put the hurt on guys in the dojo 2 times her size Shocked so I pity the average thug who tries and mess with her, or the too "frisky" date when she says NO means NO... affraid I guess you could say our "style" if you want to call it that is XU Shen Chuan, which stands for XU Spirit Fist, after our Grand Master, and it involves LOTS of joint locks, bone breakage, submission holds and other stuff designed to break down and incapacitate any would be BAD GUY. It's a combination of Kenpo, Kung Fu, Chin NA, and several other MA's merged with what works and nothing that doesn't. For instance, there isn't any "fancy around the head kicks" like you see in movies...that stuff looks great on film and in point tournaments, but it leaves you terribly exposed in a real fight especially if there are more than one attacker Very Happy Break the attackers body / machine and he's out of the fight....I win!

@Z Actually I like to play them all good friend, except I've never actually gotten into playing the Malks yet...maybe NEXT time with TFN !

TTYS,

Max
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 10:40 am

thanks, zer0morph, CoMalkav
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information Empty

Back to top Go down

The Final Nights Series Information
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next