Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NPC disciplines

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

NPC disciplines Empty
PostSubject: NPC disciplines   NPC disciplines EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 3:24 am

Zer0, I'm wondering are our NPC's casting any disciplines? At least passive ones? I can't really remember.

I know that Antitribu figured out a way to make even target disciplines castable. Is there a way to get that for our NPC's as well?
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

NPC disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPC disciplines   NPC disciplines EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 3:39 am

Our NPCs are casting passive disciplines yeah, like Potence, Presence, Celerity, Obfuscate, and Fortitude. I haven't figured out how to setup Active disciplines yet. Haven't really spent any time with it though either, I'm sure I could figure it out though.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

NPC disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPC disciplines   NPC disciplines EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 3:48 am

I haven't played it far enough to see that. What do the npcs use? Just summonings, or the real McCoy.
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

NPC disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPC disciplines   NPC disciplines EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 3:53 am

Not only do they use disciplines, they sometimes use ones that don't match the clan.
Stupid Potence+Claws of the Wild in Hallowbrook.

Granted, they sometimes did this in Vanilla as well, and there is no rule saying you can't learn out of clan disciplines, unless you are the PC, it just costs more.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

NPC disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPC disciplines   NPC disciplines EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 3:57 am

"Claws of the wild" doesn't sound like a targeted discipline to me.
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

NPC disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPC disciplines   NPC disciplines EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 4:05 am

It's not. Yami asked about both active and passive.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

NPC disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPC disciplines   NPC disciplines EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 4:18 am

malak wrote:
Yes, but passive disciplines are used even by vanilla npcs. So nothing new about that. Antitribu clains they have the npcs using targeted disciplines. So what I want to know is if this is true or if they are just using things like summonig that can be created without really using a discipline.
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

NPC disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPC disciplines   NPC disciplines EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 4:23 am

I hesitate to say this, but if the end effect for the player is the same, and the summoning works off the NPC AI, then it is the same thing.

Cheating in your code isn't cheating, it's good coding, assuming it works.
Granted, if it is pre-scripted triggers such as "PC steps here, fireball flies" then no.
I may need to actually play Companion Mod mach 2 to see how they did that, or I could not and enjoy the game the way I want to. That single inclusion is what prevents me from playing it, though I do continue to seed their torrent.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

NPC disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPC disciplines   NPC disciplines EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 8:00 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
malak wrote:
Yes, but passive disciplines are used even by vanilla npcs. So nothing new about that. Antitribu clains they have the npcs using targeted disciplines. So what I want to know is if this is true or if they are just using things like summonig that can be created without really using a discipline.

At least two Malkavians in Grout's mansion will use, I think Hysteria, on the PC. There is also a use of Thaumaturgy on the player, as well as the potential for others, likely during the blood hunt and the endgame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NPC disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPC disciplines   NPC disciplines Empty

Back to top Go down

NPC disciplines
Page 1 of 1