Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

REQUEST: More diversified clans

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
XehutL
Neonate
Neonate

REQUEST: More diversified clans Empty
PostSubject: REQUEST: More diversified clans   REQUEST: More diversified clans EmptyFri May 07, 2010 6:31 pm

Hi CE Team,
I like the ideas of your mod very much (thought not played it yet) and I think I'll brush BL from my shelf in a short time - because of you Smile

However,
could it be possible to make all the clans a bit more different? Like in the way I'm proposing below (to feel more their inimitability)?
I'm not sure if all is doable, but I suppose it could be (majority is easy or in already..):

BRUJAH
F: -4 to frenzy, -1 haggle
M: +1 melee/unarmed, +1 bashing

GANGREL
F: social harder to raise, humanity harder to raise
M: stronger frenzy, faster healing

MALKAVIAN
F: mental harder to raise, bizzare dialogues
M: +1 inspection, dementation use in dialogues

NOSFERATU
F: appearance max0, masquearade breach on streets
M: +1 sneaking, rats do not run away

TOREADOR
F: humanity loss x2, faster blood cunsumption
M: humanity gain x2, humanity easier to raise

TREMERE
F: physical harder to raise, -1 defense
M: +1 research, +1 intimidate

VENTRUE
F: no blood from animals, low blood could cause vomit
M: starting money bonus, dominate use in dialogues

And also, could you add the level -1 of 'active' Presence into the Seduction Feat?

-X-

Btw: keep up the good work, Guys! :-)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: REQUEST: More diversified clans   REQUEST: More diversified clans EmptySat May 08, 2010 2:20 pm

Hi,

you are right, most of the things you suggest for the different clans is easy to programm. But I'm not sure if i want to change the clan strengths / weaknesses. Either way I won't do anything without advice from someone who has more knowledge of the WoD in general than I do.

For presence and seduction, there are more things to consider. First, if i change seduction for characters with presence, i have to do the same with intimidation.
Second, a seduction/intimidation bonus based on presence won't help you much, because all disciplines are cut off as soon as you enter dialogue mode or a cutscene.
So the options there would be either making this bonus permanent for every Brujah and Toreador, or going through every dialogue in the game and add a presence option for every seduction / intimidation response. If you want to this work, you're welcome. You'll probably be the hero of the whole bloodlines modding community.

- geek
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: REQUEST: More diversified clans   REQUEST: More diversified clans EmptySat May 08, 2010 8:50 pm

Surely that is something for histories rather than clans? Clan flaws aren't all that consuming and while specific clans tend to gear towards an archtypical personality, it's hardly set in stone.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: REQUEST: More diversified clans   REQUEST: More diversified clans EmptySun May 09, 2010 10:35 am

Yes, I agree, these should be histories and not in the clan per se.

I mean, the Vampire is a Vampire, not a Vampire Male and a Vampire Female (that's just for humans). The clan attributes are passed on the blood, they don't care if the vampire's body has tits or balls, they are not affected by chromosomes.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: REQUEST: More diversified clans   REQUEST: More diversified clans EmptySun May 09, 2010 2:45 pm

I believe that was for Merits and Flaws, not gender.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REQUEST: More diversified clans   REQUEST: More diversified clans Empty

Back to top Go down

REQUEST: More diversified clans
Page 1 of 1