Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Instead of new haven

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Instead of new haven Empty
PostSubject: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 4:45 am

Since in my mod you don't get a new haven from LaCroix, Strauss, or Gary there should be other rewards if you stay friendly.
So I think the player should be able to ask the prince for money before embarking on any quest. And the amount is directly dependent on the character's standing with the prince. And you can already start to ruin your standing if you send Copper to him.

For the regent, if you don't tell Isaak about the gargoyle, you can use the chantry library. Counts against the books you can buy from Akeem, but doesn't cost money. Anybody can use books up to level 3 and Tremere also have access to the restricted section with knowledge books up to 5. Once you read a book you can't sell Strauss out any more, but if you do before reading a book, the Chantry is locked.
Maybe I should limit the number of books you can read in the library, or restrict access on a time basis.

Gary gives the Nos haven without special conditions, so no compensation needed there.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 6:45 am

I like your idea. Don't make Sebastian too cuddly, though Laughing
Back to top Go down
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 7:13 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Since in my mod you don't get a new haven from LaCroix, Strauss, or Gary there should be other rewards if you stay friendly.

So what mod is this and why don't you get a new haven anymore? I would think that the other way around, getting a different haven for each clan would be more insteresting!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 9:26 am

wesp5 wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

So what mod is this and why don't you get a new haven anymore? I would think that the other way around, getting a different haven for each clan would be more insteresting!
Yes, but who will create all the maps?
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 1:12 pm

I would if I had someone backing me up.
Like, I'm getting the hang of it, I just don't know what some of the entities does, and have little experience with lightning.
If you wish, you can do the archtecture yourself, and I build it ingame Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 2:52 pm

Cretino wrote:
I would if I had someone backing me up.
Like, I'm getting the hang of it, I just don't know what some of the entities does, and have little experience with lightning.
If you wish, you can do the archtecture yourself, and I build it ingame Smile
If I could do the architecture and lighting, I would have it done already. The dynamic parts of map building are the easiest.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 3:12 pm

I mean drawing. With pen and paper. Because describing it with words may confuse me, or may wield results that are different than expected.
I can do walls and stairs and elevators alright.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 5:06 pm

Well, what I really want is a small house, surrounded by a bit of garden. Hedges or fences at the map edges. A road at one side, wide enough to place a taxi.
The house itself like the beachhouse or a bit smaller. Kitchen, bathroom, living room, and one or two smaller rooms.

Or even better, a mobile home. But I doubt it is possible to create an interior map that doesn't require a van that is way too big to be placed on the hub maps.
Back to top Go down
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 7:11 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:

If I could do the architecture and lighting, I would have it done already.

Have you already tried it? I finished two map drafts from EntenSchreck for the UP and I'm slowly getting the hang of Hammer usage! It's not as difficult as I thought and for starters you could begin by decompiling a game map, like e.g. the beachhouse, and then changing it in Hammer enough so it isn't recognizable anymore...
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 1:25 am

wesp5 wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

Have you already tried it? I finished two map drafts from EntenSchreck for the UP and I'm slowly getting the hang of Hammer usage! It's not as difficult as I thought and for starters you could begin by decompiling a game map, like e.g. the beachhouse, and then changing it in Hammer enough so it isn't recognizable anymore...

Indeed, I started by decompiling the first Mitnick Quest. Really small place, simple geometry. I proceeded to the first haven, and then to the graveyard.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 4:49 am

Cretino wrote:
wesp5 wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

Indeed, I started by decompiling the first Mitnick Quest. Really small place, simple geometry. I proceeded to the first haven, and then to the graveyard.
I have tried decompiling the beachhouse map, but I couldn't recompile for some reason.
And to be honest I hate drawing and painting since primary school.

Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 10:59 am

Ok, i will do some sketches myself later on.
Since I know how to do skyboxes, where is said house located? I can make a pretty and beatiful florest, or just a city (it's LA), or... yeah whatever.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 12:49 pm

Cretino wrote:
Since I know how to do skyboxes, where is said house located? I can make a pretty and beatiful florest, or just a city (it's LA), or... yeah whatever.
I use the museum spot on the taxi/sewer map. So it's located somewhere between downtown and Santa Monica. Just remember, it's night time.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 12:50 pm

Instead of new haven 91l9pi
you can question me, of course

What I wonder is how a small house fits Los Angeles. Like, with garden and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 12:55 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Cretino wrote:
I use the museum spot on the taxi/sewer map. So it's located somewhere between downtown and Santa Monica. Just remember, it's night time.
Oh, damn. I made the sketch BEFORE reading this.
Well, if it's there, I might actually do some research whether I should go for a rich guy small house, a poor*COUGH*CHEAP*COUGH* house or just an abandoned one! Very Happy
Btw thats an exit/entrance to the sewers, in case you can't use the front door at the time. I mean, you could be a Nossy as well, so why not? There could be people by the door, (imagine), so you at least have means to enter your haven.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 1:04 pm

Perhaps you want the "American Dream" house? There arent many isolated places by Downtown~SantaMonica, but many normal houses, so, another one but with windows permanently closed won't call attention.

Damn this makes me excited.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 2:22 pm

Cretino wrote:
Perhaps you want the "American Dream" house? There arent many isolated places by Downtown~SantaMonica, but many normal houses, so, another one but with windows permanently closed won't call attention.

Damn this makes me excited.
That's the idea. Small, not too shabby, and if possible a bit of lawn or garden between house and street.
I'd prefer to have the sewer access on the front lawn so that a Nossie player doesn't forget to check the mailbox when going in or out. Perhaps a hedge to separate it from the street and the neighboring houses. The gate in the hedge or fence can be used for calling the taxi map, so you don't have to do the complete road. This is your call.

And please make only the walls and maybe the curtains part of the static map. I prefer to set the furniture as prop_dynamic or prop_physics.

I don't know if you can do this, but a working TV would be great.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 2:29 pm

Hehe, I made it from a house I actually lived (and am trying to acquire back as the heir).

I already got what you wish. I just need to bring my pc from the maintenance and I will start working asap.
If you are going to make multiple havens, and one is more... less small, less isolated, I could make the street from left to right connect to each other just like the maze in the Tremere Chantry. If you keep going to the left or right, eventually you will end coming back, telling the player it's open but it will take nowhere. lol
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 4:31 pm

Instead of new haven 2ikbqs6
I'm ashamed of this sketch. I've done sketches far better in my life...

Ok, sewer, taxi, okayhouse, the street is just a step away from the fence.
Hm, I had this thought... what if I made a little residential area: your haven is there, with far more visibility (so the player knows where to go back), but there are some LOOTABLE houses nearby. I mean, you could Lockpick to enter! And some computers to hacks, and containers to steal...
And extending the idea even more, what if there was a way to people find out you've been stealing them, so they call the police? Like, there could be someone sleeping, so Stealth would be nice... and goddamit, look at the time!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 11:05 am

A small neigborhood sonds good. But for now I have no idea what to place in other houses. But if it's not too much work, do it.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 11:11 am

Furniture like tables, chairs, sofas, tv, and you can place pills, watches, rings, money envelopes...
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 12:07 pm

Hey since I have so many ideas, some good and some bad, what other havens do you wish?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 2:07 pm

I'll stick to one haven off the main hubs. As for differences, that can be done dynamically by selecting different furniture according to clan and the amount of starting money the player selects. More money means more and better furniture. For Toreador maybe more art pictures, for Brujah the band posters...
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:43 pm

DAMN I had finished it just NOW and Hammer crashed on me
and I learned so many new things... like how to do roofs! well, at least I can redo it 20x faster!!! I shouldve saved in the middle T-T
I will send you pics later
just keep replying me
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 8:46 pm

yay i did one \o/ but since i cant test run it, I will never be sure if the doors are working, or if the windows are breakable (I made it for fun, can be turned off)
now on to the walls and street o/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Instead of new haven   Instead of new haven Empty

Back to top Go down

Instead of new haven
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next