Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can't leave museum

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
spoon
Fledgling
Fledgling
spoon

Can't leave museum Empty
PostSubject: Can't leave museum   Can't leave museum EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 9:37 am

First of all, I'd like to point out that there are loads of things about this mod that I love, but the blood loss timer is not one of them, so I disabled it as detailed here -> https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/t2141-how-to-change-or-turn-off-the-blood-timer?highlight=blood+timer  Razz

I'm not sure, but I think this caused a glitch where some doors wouldn't work properly. I first noticed this in Trip's Pawnshop. The door would open, but I wouldn't actually exit, so I was stuck inside. After re-enabling the blood loss timer, the door worked as normal.

This didn't happen with every door, but I have experienced it in Mercurio's appartment building, as well as LaCroix's office door. But in these cases, re-enabling the blood loss timer seemed to fix the problem.

Now I am at the point when I need to go to the museum to retrieve the Ankaran Sarcophagus. I have reached the room where it should be, talked with Beckett and got the message saying "Completed the mission without killing any guards" but I don't actually leave the museum, I just stay in the room with Beckett. I saved just outside this room, so I tried re-enabling the blood loss timer and entered it again, but the result was the same.

I assume this is a bug as I am pretty sure in the vanilla game you get teleported to LaCroix's building, unless that has changed in TFN and I am just being stupid Razz

If anyone has any advice on how to fix this, it would be very welcome! Smile
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Can't leave museum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't leave museum   Can't leave museum EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 11:51 am

Welcome to the forum, Spoon!
We are always eager to have fresh blood here!

*licks fangs*

As for your problem, you got short on luck: both the modders went AWOL. Malkav is bound to know, but he will be back in two weeks time.
I am no modder at all, but I remember reading that the map is loaded as a whole. So applying patches/scripts on an already loaded map does nothing. There is some workaround I think, but you would have to ask a Setite. I heard they understand Python. All I could think of is to load a save just before Museum, allow the Bloodloss, go through the Museum and see. There is a chance it will work. If not... Well, there are the actual modders...

There should be a guide how to have multiple installations of VtMB somwhere around. Then you could mod one and test on it and play other one for fun...

Back to top Go down
spoon
Fledgling
Fledgling
spoon

Can't leave museum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't leave museum   Can't leave museum EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 8:18 am

Feral wrote:
Welcome to the forum, Spoon!
We are always eager to have fresh blood here!

Thanks! Smile

Feral wrote:
As for your problem,  you got short on luck: both the modders went AWOL.

Damn, just my luck Razz

Feral wrote:
All I could think of is to load a save just before Museum, allow the Bloodloss, go through the Museum and see. There is a chance it will work.

That shouldn't be too hard, I have max Obfuscate so I just ran past all the guards anyway Razz Hopefully I will get a chance to try this soon, I will report back if/when I do. Thanks Feral Very Happy

EDIT: Ok I loaded a save from before the museum with bloodloss enabled but I encountered the same problem. I think all my edits of vamputil.py may have broken it or something. I know that python is very strict about indentation so I may have messed something up somewhere. Is there anywhere that I can get a fresh, unedited version without having to reinstall TFN?
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

Can't leave museum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't leave museum   Can't leave museum EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 9:49 pm

Looking at doors that travel to different locations, as opposed to those that are just 'moving walls', right? As a workaround, use the console, but for actually fixing, sorry, no idea. Malkav is only on holiday right now, should return soon, whereas Zer0s return may herald another Week of Nightmares.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Can't leave museum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't leave museum   Can't leave museum EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 9:42 am

Hm, I don't see how changes in a python script can affect the level transports? scratch
Instead of commenting out everything in the function, try this:
Code:
def OnBLEvent():
    return
    <rest of the originbal code>

As for the museum, I have no idea what happened, but you are the first person to report this error, so I assume that something went wrong with your installation.
Which OS do you use, Steam or disc, have you installed on a fresh copy of the game? And remeber, TFN doesn't yet support the mod loader.

About getting a new version of vamputil, install TFN in an empty folder somewhere and copy the files you need into your game folder.
Back to top Go down
spoon
Fledgling
Fledgling
spoon

Can't leave museum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't leave museum   Can't leave museum EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 11:03 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Hm, I don't see how changes in a python script can affect the level transports? scratch

Well I'm not 100% sure this is what is causing the problem, but after searching around a little, I found  this topic and the guy here had the same problem as me (well, except the part with the museum), and we both modified vamputil.py so I thought that might be a possible cause.. or just a coincidence Razz

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Instead of commenting out everything in the function, try this:
Code:
def OnBLEvent():
    return
    <rest of the originbal code>

Ah, adding a return statement at the beginning of the function, why didn't I think of that? Razz

Childe of Malkav wrote:
As for the museum, I have no idea what happened, but you are the first person to report this error, so I assume that something went wrong with your installation.

Just my luck :/ If i reinstalled TFN, could I keep my save file or would I have to start from the beginning again?

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Which OS do you use, Steam or disc, have you installed on a fresh copy of the game? And remeber, TFN doesn't yet support the mod loader.

I'm using Windows 7, Steam version, fresh copy and not using mod loader.

Childe of Malkav wrote:
About getting a new version of vamputil, install TFN in an empty folder somewhere and copy the files you need into your game folder.

I didn't think of that Razz

I will try with an untouched version of vamputil, but if that isn't the problem i don't know what to do :/
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Can't leave museum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't leave museum   Can't leave museum EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 11:17 am

Hm, reinstalling and keeping the save file might work. But since I don't know what caused the trouble in the first place, it could also lead to the same or some other problem.
I know it's bad news, having to start again when you are halfway through the game, but it is the safer option.
Back to top Go down
spoon
Fledgling
Fledgling
spoon

Can't leave museum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't leave museum   Can't leave museum EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 2:50 pm

I tried installing TFN into an empty folder and copying vamputil into the install location and now everything works! Very Happy Now I'm goning to try adding the return statement instead of commenting everything out and see if that works.

Thanks for your help everyone!! Very Happy Very Happy

EDIT: Ok, I added the return statement to vamputil and encountered a different bug. After doing the first quest for VV ("Hot Stripper Assassin Action" I think it's called) I report back to her. When I talk to her again, she starts to talk about David Hatter to give you the next quest. Just when I am supposed to give a reply, the only option I get is "I have no valid reply". I also got this when trying to report to Damsel about killing the last plague bearer, even though I was able to report to Max just fine.

After removing the return statement from vamputil, returning it to the way it was originally, the problem with VV is fixed, but I haven't tried talking to Damsel again. I think from now on I will just leave the blood timer on and use console commands to restore blood if I need to, since editing vamputil seems to cause bad things to happen to me Razz
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Can't leave museum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't leave museum   Can't leave museum EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 3:53 am

Weird. These problems could be caused by a problem with vamputil. But I don't see how your changes can have such effects.
I assume you use a texteditor and not some junk like Word.
There is one more thing you can try. I hope that doesn't interfere because you can't cause indentation trouble: In the line where +1 is added to the bloodcounter, make it +0.

Btw, after your next vamputil edit, delete vamputil.pyc. Then tell me if you have a new .pyc after your next game start. And check the console if you can find anything about vamputil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Can't leave museum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't leave museum   Can't leave museum Empty

Back to top Go down

Can't leave museum
Page 1 of 1