Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Someone on this mod team has great music taste! Also, small ideas regarding discipline

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Baileyface
Fledgling
Fledgling
Baileyface

Someone on this mod team has great music taste! Also, small ideas regarding discipline  Empty
PostSubject: Someone on this mod team has great music taste! Also, small ideas regarding discipline    Someone on this mod team has great music taste! Also, small ideas regarding discipline  EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 12:01 am

I've been hearing a lot of great songs, and most fit the mood of the specific clubs as well (Staind is the last round does feel a bit off though). When I walked into Asphole and Blood Milk and Sky started playing however....I just had to say something! Bravo.
I always thought it would be funny to put Asphole by Pigface in there, but idle thought.

Seriously though, this is my first play-through. I'm playing an Asamite because I like stealth characters, and Obfuscate always kinda felt like cheating tongue
So far I am in Hollywood and I have only found one thing I do not like. The particle effects for Silence of Death. It's a stealth boost skill (which combined with my sword and unseen background means a total +6 bonus put on top of my Dex+Stealth. Unseen indeed), but being wreathed in a huge cloud of trailing blood feels a bit....conspicuous. Something more subtle would work better I think. Maybe a barely visible sphere?

Also it's lack of blood cost is nice, but turns it into to something I just feel required to spam with I'm slinking around.
An idea I had, maybe just make it a toggle with a slight drawback? Possibly a lower defense while it's active due to the lack of sound making it a little harder to predict enemy attacks, or even a penalty to investigation/perception while active (a bit contrived I know, but you get the general idea). Something small like that, but something making it worth remembering to turn off when you're done playing Agent 47. (Oh, if only I had a garrote!  geek )
Or even give it a blood cost, but a much longer duration. Eh, just throwing out ideas. It's small and not really a problem anyway, but figured I would share my thoughts.

Still though, I have made it to Hollywood doing every side quest along the way, and this is the only thing that nags me, and it's not even that bad! Heck, this is further than the point where I decided to uninstall Antitribu to wait for a future update.

Just wanted to say you guys did an amazing job, and I look forward to the point when 1.4 comes out!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Someone on this mod team has great music taste! Also, small ideas regarding discipline  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone on this mod team has great music taste! Also, small ideas regarding discipline    Someone on this mod team has great music taste! Also, small ideas regarding discipline  EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 2:56 pm

Thank you for all the positive feedback and welcome to the TCI forums!! Stick around, we have an amazing group of VtM fans here and I know they'll welcome you with open arms as well. Don't be alarmed if they look for an open vein, bad habits, you know? Twisted Evil

Glad you like the music (mostly), I had fun picking it out. As far as your ideas to improve Quietus, definitely something to consider and I'll play around with the idea. The graphic for Silence of Death was meant to be a dark mist or fog surrounding the kindred that silences his movements, it wasn't supposed to be blood, but I can see where you thought that. Maybe if I recolored it dark gray or black. I'll try to think of ways to make it look more true to what I had in mind.

Costing blood but increasing the timer for Silence of Death is certainly something we could do. In fact, you could even do it to your own game now if you'd like. Let me know and I can show you how to adjust it, it's very simple. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Baileyface
Fledgling
Fledgling
Baileyface

PostSubject: Re: Someone on this mod team has great music taste! Also, small ideas regarding discipline    Someone on this mod team has great music taste! Also, small ideas regarding discipline  EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 1:10 am

Ah, that makes sense. I think a black mist would improve the feel personally.
Thanks for the suggestion on changing the set-up in files. I looked around till I figured it out. Decided to leave the duration and just add a blood cost. Now that I have leveled stealth more, I don't really need it much thanks to my other boost. I'll be using it as an oops button now Laughing
Figure it will be more useful in 1.4 once stealth is fixed though.

To be honest, I only really found this forum because I was having install issues, and I saw you linked this forum on a video I watching for help. Been reading around though and it seems like you have a really cool group here. It's also really nice to see a creator so active and helpful, and open to discussion about the mod.

I heard I should try cheating in this mod once. I nearly lost it laughing when Jack sent me back in to meet the Sheriff XD
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Someone on this mod team has great music taste! Also, small ideas regarding discipline    Someone on this mod team has great music taste! Also, small ideas regarding discipline  EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 2:54 pm

Baileyface wrote:
I heard I should try cheating in this mod once. I nearly lost it laughing when Jack sent me back in to meet the Sheriff XD

Haha, funnest easter egg to make, EVER!

To change the color of the fog, you want to go to "Vampire - Bloodlines\Vampire\Particles\", and look for the files starting with d_quietus_silencethedeath_xxx.txt. I can't remember which one exactly has the smoke effect, but I think I made it _fx1 and _fx2.

When you open the files in notepad, you should see something like this.

Code:
red "200,150,100"
 green "100"
 blue "100"
 color "50,25,0"

mask "150,150,0"

The numbers range from 255-0, the higher the number, the brighter that specific color will emit. If you want to emit true gray, you want red, green, and blue to be the same number. 255's for all colors would be bright white, while 0's for all colors would be black.

Play around with these colors in both _fx1 and _fx2 (edit the ones without the word cast in them), until you get the desired effect. If the changes don't change the color of the smoke, try editing a different "silencethedeath" file. I'm not sure exactly which one is the smoke effect.

GL!

Someone on this mod team has great music taste! Also, small ideas regarding discipline  15qt3b4
Back to top Go down
Baileyface
Fledgling
Fledgling
Baileyface

PostSubject: Re: Someone on this mod team has great music taste! Also, small ideas regarding discipline    Someone on this mod team has great music taste! Also, small ideas regarding discipline  EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 1:15 am

Sweet! I will defiantly look into that. Thank you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Someone on this mod team has great music taste! Also, small ideas regarding discipline    Someone on this mod team has great music taste! Also, small ideas regarding discipline  EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 2:52 pm

Baileyface wrote:
Sweet! I will defiantly look into that. Thank you! Very Happy

No problem, if you end up finding the colors you want, take a screenshot because I'd be curious to see it, or perhaps implement it as canon TFN. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone on this mod team has great music taste! Also, small ideas regarding discipline    Someone on this mod team has great music taste! Also, small ideas regarding discipline  Empty

Back to top Go down

Someone on this mod team has great music taste! Also, small ideas regarding discipline
Page 1 of 1