Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crash On Selecting New Game

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nym Moondown
Neonate
Neonate

Crash On Selecting New Game Empty
PostSubject: Crash On Selecting New Game   Crash On Selecting New Game EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 1:32 pm

Hi, I've been having another issue with CE, Final.
I'll try to explain everything clearly (despite English being not my native language)
I bought the game on Steam, one year or more ago, installing it on my Win7 PC.

Then I took the main folder and had it copied on my desktop. I installed the last unofficial patch at that time (9.0), checked that it worked using steam, and then moved it to another folder. Then again I copied the vanilla one to the steam folder and I installed CE Final, checked using Steam etc etc.

At the end I had different versions of the game I could shift in steam folder, and all of them worked with Steam (I had just to close and re-open Steam after every shifting).

Last september (I think) all that versions started suddenly not to work anymore. I had no time to work on it, so I just stopped playing.

Coming to the present, last week end I "cleaned" my PC, and upgrade it to WIN10. I disinstalled Steam and all steam games, and re-installed them.

Following the same procedure I used before I installed last official patch (9.4) and game worked (and it is still working).
Then I tried with CE Final, but I had a "failed to find steam" problem after launching it.
I tried to run steam as administrator, and I had that problem solved.
After that I have been able to starting the game, but after clicking "New Game" I can just see for one moment the loading screen and then the game crashes.

I dont' think it's a steam problem now, but not sure about that...any advice?

After dinner (6:30 PM here now) I'll try with last version of FN and report the results.

Thx in advance,
Francesco
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Crash On Selecting New Game   Crash On Selecting New Game EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 2:08 pm

Welcome to the forum!

You will want to use the vampire.exe file from UP9.4 (Unofficial Patch) or The Final Nights 1.4. That file is a no DRM version which should allow you to play the game on Windows 10. Let us know if that helped you.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Nym Moondown
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Crash On Selecting New Game   Crash On Selecting New Game EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 2:31 pm

Thanks, I'm an old user Wink
Just tried with UP9.4 exe, same problem Sad

Edit:
Now I remember I had the same problems in september with WIN7. I had some saved games and the game crashed while trying to load them... Sad

Last edited by Nym Moondown on Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nym Moondown
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Crash On Selecting New Game   Crash On Selecting New Game EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 2:38 pm

Ok,
I can't download TFN 1.4 from modDB: "The file you have selected (VTM_The_Final_Nights_1.4_Update.exe) is not available via any mirrors."
Any other source?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Crash On Selecting New Game   Crash On Selecting New Game EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 2:45 pm

Try downloading 1.4 Patch from Planet Vampire.
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/t851-the-final-nights-download-center

If the .exe is not the problem, you must need the new client.dll and vampire.dll files from the 1.4 Patch. The files are located in \Vampire - Bloodlines\Vampire\dlls. Copy those over to your CE Final directory and overwrite them. Let me know if that helps.
Back to top Go down
Nym Moondown
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Crash On Selecting New Game   Crash On Selecting New Game EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 4:34 pm

Great TFN works!
So let's try to copy .dll's Smile
Back to top Go down
Nym Moondown
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Crash On Selecting New Game   Crash On Selecting New Game EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 5:04 pm

Ok, it works.
I have to copy and paste .exe too

Thanks a lot Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Crash On Selecting New Game   Crash On Selecting New Game EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 5:24 pm

You're very welcome! Have fun duckling! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nym Moondown
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Crash On Selecting New Game   Crash On Selecting New Game EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 7:42 pm

I've noticed 3 oddities after playing for a while:

1- No music at the chracter creation (not a true issue)

2- Dialogue History now is activeted with Home, but it turns automatically off every time you exit from a dialogue

3- This is the mai problem: graphic problem in the clinic seems to be broken (I'll send an image...i can't see Malcom, Heather, some other human and the floor is all purple...there are some with writing I think name of obect or so on) For now i've seen just that and Mercurio apt (no problem there). I'll send some images if you need/want.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Crash On Selecting New Game   Crash On Selecting New Game EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 8:38 pm

It sounds like a bad install of either the game, or the mod. It's also possible that you have other mods or the Unofficial Patches installed.

You want to install Bloodlines vanilla game only, then CE Final on top of it, nothing else. I would start completely over, you have too many errors already to have a nearly bug free experience.
Back to top Go down
Nym Moondown
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Crash On Selecting New Game   Crash On Selecting New Game EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 1:59 am

OK, I installed it on a vanilla game but I'll try to look if I have the same problem with TFN and UP variants (if so the problem should be vanilla game - steam download) I don't think so because in TFN I remember the music in character creation screen, but let's try. If so maybe the problem happened during CE installation... Thx again I'll update the topic asap Smile
Back to top Go down
Nym Moondown
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Crash On Selecting New Game   Crash On Selecting New Game EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 5:19 pm

Hi, here I am again. Smile
I've tried TFN and last Unoffical Patch:

1- Music at character creation was OK
2- Written NPG dialogues kept on turning off
3- Graphic Problem was still there

So i tought the problem was steam download, and i downloaded it again. I tried to install the same patch (9.4) without flagging anything in the menu (I don't remember what i did when I bought the game).

1- OK
2- Written NPG dialogues kept on turning off
3- OK
4- Strage behaviors:

a- While entering the first time in a new area (at all not in a single run) appears a white writing saying something like "working on graphics node"
b- Game seems like the old one (No trip quest, he sells book)
c- Game crashes while entering the first time in Santa Monica hub (only the first time)

I can't understand if these problems are linked with windows10, another wrong download from steam or the fact I haven't installed plus content.

Any ideas?

THX
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Crash On Selecting New Game   Crash On Selecting New Game EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 9:17 pm

That's bizarre man, I mean it sounds like you're installing everything properly so this is surprising that you're having this many problems.

The only thing that comes to mind is a corrupted download from Steam. How is your internet connection at home? Is it glitchy or known to drop packets of data?

I just checked GOG.com (Good Old Games) and it appears they don't offer Bloodlines yet. Sad

I use the retail CDs I bought in 2004 when it came out (believe it or not). I installed the vanilla game and backed it up unpackaged. Now I just copy/paste that directory over and over when I need a clean vanilla copy to screw around with.

Are you playing with Compatibility Mode for Windows XP SP3 enabled? Also are you turning off visual themes and desktop comp disabled?
Back to top Go down
Nym Moondown
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Crash On Selecting New Game   Crash On Selecting New Game EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 4:19 am

About internet connection: download speed is usually good, not regular ma it never drops to 0. I didn't follow all download yesterday btw so I can't tell. But I have never had problems with downloaded content so boh :S

I tried using Compatibility mode for Win7 and without it at all. This evening i'll try for WinXP. Where can I find visual themes and desktop comp?

Ill' also try to reinstall the patch with all the options this time.

Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Crash On Selecting New Game   Crash On Selecting New Game EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 2:24 pm

You want to right click on the desktop shortcut and click on the compatibility tab at the top. You'll see all the options on that screen.

Another question I forgot to ask, can you play the vanilla version of Bloodlines? Have you tried starting it up after downloading from Steam before installing any mods?
Back to top Go down
Nym Moondown
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Crash On Selecting New Game   Crash On Selecting New Game EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 3:44 pm

Ok i tried using Comp WinxXP SP3 but it's still the same. Also I noticed only now that during character creation there was not the "History" option.

I downloaded the game again, installed patch 9.4 and still no histories, "Ai Disable" at the biginning and "Node Graph out of Date, rebuilding" (they were old errors I've seen). And still Trip is selling books, and he doesn't ask you about drugs. But now Dialogue history stays ON.

I'll try vanilla game now, but I've never do it before. Then I'll try CE and TFN on the actual version...see if they work as before, never a fan of UP.

If that doesn't work I'll try to set back win7...no other ideas Sad
Back to top Go down
Nym Moondown
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Crash On Selecting New Game   Crash On Selecting New Game EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 7:00 pm

Ok, if I don't patch it I have the same problems i had with CE before changing .ddl:
- If I run steam in user mode: "Cannot find Steam"
- If I run it as administrator: the game simply doesn't start at all
Back to top Go down
Nym Moondown
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Crash On Selecting New Game   Crash On Selecting New Game EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 2:03 am

Ok I tried to install TFN and CE on this download, copying vampire.exe client.dll and vampire.dll from TFN to CE. Now TFN seems to work properly, while CE in the intro shows the message "AI disables" and the music at character creation is still missing. I'll try to make a run with both, but I feel positive about it. Smile
Thx
Back to top Go down
Nym Moondown
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Crash On Selecting New Game   Crash On Selecting New Game EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 6:36 pm

CE is working fine, TFN i think even better. THX a lot.
I'm not a fan of UP, but I would like to understand if I could fix the problem. Do someone know if there's an officiale forum about it?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Crash On Selecting New Game   Crash On Selecting New Game EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 8:55 pm

If you have a question concerning the unofficial patch, try PlanetVampire. Wesp is online there almost every day.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Crash On Selecting New Game   Crash On Selecting New Game EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 4:41 pm

I'm glad to hear that you got TFN and CE working. That's a shame about the UPs still giving you trouble. Hopefully Wesp can help you out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crash On Selecting New Game   Crash On Selecting New Game Empty

Back to top Go down

Crash On Selecting New Game
Page 1 of 1