Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 09, 2017 6:47 pm

I was thinking something along the lines of Ljubljana right about now. Or maybe in 2010ish.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 5:24 am

Dragatus wrote:
I was thinking something along the lines of Ljubljana right about now. Or maybe in 2010ish.

That is a good idea! You would not need to work too hard for resources, after all. All easy to check.
But is there a book like Lubliana by Night? You know, with plot, NPCs, setting?
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 6:20 am

Is 280K people enough? Zagreb's nearby with triple the amount. Or we could always assault Vienna.

I post this for our esteemed storyteller's approval, so Feral should definitely not read it:
Chapter 01:

Can I has some body armor? I has a good reason to having some. I can find rules for that. Also, one of the merits that would fit me perfectly is Cathartic Fury. Have I stated how great you are, Dragy? I love you
The character might actually be easier to put together, with so many dots freed from Generation. Razz
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 5:42 pm

The vampire population of Ljubljana is going to be small, that's what gives you a chance to succeed. There might be slightly more than would be officially allowed by the Camarilla, but still only a handful. Distances between cities are also short enough that you can assume all of Slovenia is under the jurisdiction of a single prince.

And Ljubljana could be a stepping stone towards Vienna ...

I would prefer if you told your story in linear time order. Makes it easier to follow. It seems more or less fine though.

You can have at most a kevlar vest (+3 armor, -1 DEX), but no more than that. Note that the kevlar vest might be difficult to conceal, particularly in summer, so you might be better off with lighter armor. As far as weapons are concerned you get a free knife/sap and a free light revolver/pistol (your choice). In addition to that you can also have one additional gun or melee weapon of your choice. This can be anything from the V20 weapons lists (pages 280 and 281), but again be mindful of the difficulty of concealing the weapon you choose.

Feral wrote:
That is a good idea! You would not need to work too hard for resources, after all. All easy to check.
But is there a book like Lubliana by Night? You know, with plot, NPCs, setting?

Yep. I actually lived there for several years, so I won't even need resources that much. I'm thinking about setting it in summer 2012. There is no official Ljubljana by Night as far as I know, which suits me fine because it means I get to make up everything and you don't get to complain that I changed things.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 6:26 pm

I made a roll to determine the clan of your NPC packmate and congratulations, you have a pet Malk. You can spend XP to gain Auspex, Dementation, or Obfuscate as an out of clan discipline. No more than 2 dots though.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 6:51 am

Re: Story: Wanted to try to tell it from first person and see where it goes, with in-and-out of consciousness sorta thing. The play will be linear. I did not want to be very specific.

Re: Armor: Will find something softer then.

Re: XP: When we play and I want to purchase third dot of intelligence, do I pay 10 or 20XP?

Do we have to have NPC packmate? I believe two are enough for the Vaulderie.
While I do want Auspex, there are more important things to spent XP on. I'll PM you concept. Brujah Antitribu, so that Feral knows Wink Katana incoming Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 10:50 am

XP costs are fixed, so you will spend 10 XP.

You don't have to have an NPC packmate, if you don't want to. I'm not sure how many you need for a vaulderie, but as ST I can rule either way so it's up to you.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 1:34 pm

Well, if it were up to me, Feral's Tzimi already has Auspex, but I'd like him to have his say.
And I think you'd use less work in the story.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 2:56 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
Well, if it were up to me, Feral's Tzimi already has Auspex, but I'd like him to have his say.
And I think you'd use less work in the story.

I think I will gonna second Jad. Less work for you Draggy.

Let's overlook that Vaulderie needs 3 participants at least. Maybe it doesn't? Or maybe it does and our two Sabbat end up mutually Blood Bound? So many opportunities for a mean ST...

I will go with Tzimisce, but need a bit more time to prepare a character that makes sense. My work is killing me... Why don't I work at Lidl or something? You close the door and leave all the work at work...
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 3:40 pm

We have time.
Now that Jorga's getting on her feet she knows she cannot rush things. Another night, another success being alive. Well, not dead-dead.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 6:01 pm

You really do have time. The ST hasn't really prepared much beyond the general concept.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 2:32 am

I'll pass time writing down timeline-incoherent stories. To continue the work of WW, you know.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 5:41 pm

Oh well...

I finally had time to start rounding up my character. So far I got 12th Generation twink skater suddenly skating at the wrong abandoned property... Enter Shovelhead Tzimisce skater... Enter (in)competent Pack Priest of an equally competent Pack of two on a doomed grand mission...

I will have a couple of questions for the Character Sheet, when I am a little more coherent...
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2017 1:31 am

Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 9i3RmzA
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2017 2:37 am

He will skate on the winds of GEHENNA!

Which reminds me I have promises to keep. I will fulfill them later. Cool
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 8:56 am

OK, I have a moment or a lull in Christmas preparations.

My questions are as follows:

*The Attributes: 7/5/3 • Abilities:13/9/5 • Disciplines:3 • Backgrounds:5 • Virtues:7 • Freebie Points:15 (7/5/2/1) still applies, save for Backgrounds and Freebie Points, yes? Because honestly it gives me more dots that I would have expected of a Neonate...

*I decided to go stereotypical Tzimisce (or what m character would imagine such...), so I gave the little punk Flaws: Can't Cross Running Water, Cast No Reflection and Expendable (the last one for obvious reasons), to balance this I purchased Merit Calm Heart. Are you OK with that?

*As I am not that familiar with the Sabbat, would Vaulderie be enough for Rituals, or do I need more?
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 12:15 pm

Dragatus wrote:
You can be any standard Sabbat clan, but no bullshit bloodlines or Tremere anti-tribu. Merits and flaws need to balance each other out (so if you take 3 points worth of merits you need to have 3 points worth of flaws). I reserve the right to veto any merits or flaws that I consider bullshit. You can be 13th or 12th generation, but no more or less. No bullshit backgrounds like multiple dots in Resources. You're low level Sabbat, barely past shovelhead status. Choose accordingly.

You're both still using Humanity, though you might have a low rating in it. If you want to enter a Path of Enlightenment you'll need to find a teacher. Good luck with that.

You'll get 30 bonus XP instead of 15 freebie points. XP costs in general will be flat:
- Attribute: 10 XP per dot
- Ability: 5 XP per dot
- Discipline (clan): 15 XP per dot
- Discipline (non-clan): 20 XP per dot
- Virtue: 5 XP per dot
- Willpower: 10 XP per dot
- Humanity/Path: 20 XP per dot

You can trade any unspent background points for an extra 5 bonus XP per background point. Whoever gets to be the priest still needs to have at least 1 dot in Rituals (which grants knowledge of Vaulderie, Creation Rites, and Monomancy). A second dot grants the knowledge of 3 additional auctoritas ritae of your choice. You can't have 3 dots or more.

I won't be treating the physical disciplines as "common" and easier to learn. If a discipline is not not on your clan's list you need a teacher. Period. Pack members can serve that role so you can also spend the bonus XP on the clan disciplines of the other members of the pack. But they still counts as non-clan and cost 20 XP per dot.

You'll regain Willpower at a rate of 1 point per in-game week. I'm not sure what if any effect nature and demeanor will have, so treat those as roleplaying guidelines for now.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 1:37 pm

Well, thanks.

But I still do not know if my Merits/Flaws are OK... Same for Auctoritas Ritae. Yeah, I went for the second dot, I gotta be a good Priest.

I thought about The Binding, Creation Rites, Games of Instinct.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 4:54 pm

*gives Feral a negative mark for reading comprehension*

Creation Rites are included in the first dot of Rituals. The Binding ritual is not listed in the V20 book, but Games of instinct are fine.

Pick two more from: Blood Bath, Blood Feast, Fire Dance, Sermons of Caine, and Wild Hunt.

Strictly by the book you picked 5 points worth of flaws and 3 points worth of merits, but I'm going to count Cast No Reflection as a 1 point merit, so it becomes 4 for 4 and balances out.

The reason why Cast No Reflection is a merit is because it makes you invisible to cameras.

BTW, I decided you may choose to have a Humanity that's lower than your Conscience + Self-Control. You just can't have it any higher than that or any lower than 3.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 5:07 pm

Aw... Thanks. I went by the internet and my faulty memory, as I own only earlier source books. Sorry. You wrote literally seconds after I sent you email with my character sheet proposal...

So Blood Bath and Fire Dance.

Appears I have a Mental Flaw: Poor at Multitasking...

I haven't thought of Cast no Reflection as a Merit, because off all the windows, panels that cast everyone but you, as well as not showing in other peoples selfies... OK, It is a Merit. Masquerade Violation, but Merit.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 6:28 pm

Think of it as a combination of a 3 point merit and a 2 point flaw. It has a very strong synergy with Obfuscate.

Your attributes are to low. You get 1 free point in all attributes before applying the 7/5/3 dots. Yes, it is excessive, but those are standard values. You likewise get 1 free dot in each virtue before applying the 7 dots. Calm Heart is a 3 point merit, not 2 points.

Finally I just want to check if you really meant your character has a fleshlight or if you misspelled flashlight.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:03 pm

Dragatus wrote:
Think of it as a combination of a 3 point merit and a 2 point flaw. It has a very strong synergy with Obfuscate.

Your attributes are to low. You get 1 free point in all attributes before applying the 7/5/3 dots. Yes, it is excessive, but those are standard values. You likewise get 1 free dot in each virtue before applying the 7 dots. Calm Heart is a 3 point merit, not 2 points.

Finally I just want to check if you really meant your character has a fleshlight or if you misspelled flashlight.

OK, I didn't know. I will correct Attributes and Virtues.

Well, I used the internet. Apparently not all sites are trustworthy... So are my Merits and Flaws unbalanced or was it evened out with Casts No Reflection?

Er... I meant a source of light... Embarassed

Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:30 pm

Daredevil is also a 3 point merit. You'll have to choose between it and Calm Heart. Alternatively you can pick up 3 more points worth of flaws and keep both. Since you're going for all the traditional weaknesses you might wish to choose Repelled by Crosses. A few alternatives are Addiction (perhaps to adrenaline?), Glowing Eyes, or Permanent Fangs. All four listed flaws are worth 3 points.

Upon reflection Expendable flaw does not apply to your situation (it's about someone deliberately trying to get rid of you), but New Arrival does. Both are 1 point flaws so it balances out.

Right, flashlight then.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 24, 2017 3:58 am

As a Tzimisce, he can make business of making fleshflashlights.

Will you allow http://reference.l2fury.com/index.php/Cathartic_Fury ?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 24, 2017 6:56 am

Jad.3 wrote:
As a Tzimisce, he can make business of making fleshflashlights.

If you made them of undead flesh, so they could thrive on discretely sucked blood? And them periodically empty them, sort of like Odious Chalice? Makes for Tzimisce and Setite County Borthello kind of business...

OK, I added points to Attributes and Virtues, which gave me one gnarly Tzimisce skater...
But his Willopwer and Humanity are now both at 7? Sabbat Lady Diana or what?

I went for:
Merits: Calm Heart (3pts), Daredevil (3pts), Cast No Reflection (1pts)
Flaws: Can't Cross Running Water (3pts), Repelled by Crosses (3pts), Dark Secret (1pts).

New Arrival is not that fitting for a Pack Priest, even if poor Sebastian objectively counts as one...
Dark Secret:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha
Page 10 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next