Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TCI webDiplomacy

Go down 
+3
SaulottheGentle
Jad.3
Karavolos
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 5:05 am

Should I draw a Mekhet character? He'd be a bit suicidal, because he hates nWoD.
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 08, 2017 8:01 pm

Mainly fanmade gamelines. One's called Princess the Hopeful, I made a supplement for some courts. The other's Siren the Drowning, playing as mermaids in the WoD. It's basically supposed to be a successor to Werewolf the Apocalypse, save it has 99% more yandereism and Beckett's saying of "A manmade apocalypse is just as possible as a supernatural one" has more merit.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 08, 2017 8:43 pm

SaulottheGentle wrote:
One's called Princess the Hopeful, I made a supplement for some courts. The other's Siren the Drowning, playing as mermaids in the WoD. It's basically supposed to be a successor to Werewolf the Apocalypse, save it has 99% more yandereism and Beckett's saying of "A manmade apocalypse is just as possible as a supernatural one" has more merit.

TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 134

TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 UbRTNCT
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 08, 2017 9:45 pm

Better than it sounds, trust me.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 12:14 am

I'm familiar with Princess, but not with Mermaid. In what way is it a succesor to Werewolf? Did the werewolves die out or what?
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 5:27 am

How I imagine Saly's pre-game conversation went::
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 8:47 am

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TabletopGame/SirenTheDrowning
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 4:06 pm

Dragatus wrote:
I'm familiar with Princess, but not with Mermaid. In what way is it a succesor to Werewolf? Did the werewolves die out or what?

TL;DR post? TL;DR post! Very Happy

Only in the same way that one could say Vampire the Requiem is the spiritual successor to Masquerade (lol no but just giving an example). Just a different gameline with some of the same themes and hopefully skipping some of the potholes the original have.

For starters, the Apocalypse is, while an ever growing and constant threat, is something that can be stopped and even avoided altogether. Not something that is destined to occur. For another, the causes of the apocalypse doesn't solely take the form of human ignorance or some green aesop about environmentalism. It can take the form of wars, plagues, new ice and heat ages. Simply put, humans are not the sole reason for the earth going to shit (but it still can be one of the many reasons, so long as there's even a 1% chance there will still be humans called by the Song), there's tons of other reasons for things to go that way. And most Sirens try to work against them all.

Secondly, the antagonists. The antagonists aren't the Captain Planet Villains who corrupt the world for shits and giggles like they are in Apocalypse. In Siren, there's different kinds of villains that all have their own agendas on how to do things or solve the apocalypse and all of them have their own sympathetic reasons for doing so. That and they're also made to be playable.

Thirdly, the attitude when it comes to environmentalism. One thing I wanted to avoid getting anywhere near was how Werewolf the Apocalypse seemed to scream that everything about human civilization was wrong and it would be better if people lived as primates again and how technology was evil. So I made sure the idea wasn't brought up and even argued against, and the factor of one of the antagonists use technology is the same as how one can use a scalpel for both cutting out a tumor and cutting someone's eye out.

Finally, there isn't any "powers-that-be" that are trying to kill humanity (the closest it gets is other supernaturals if their agendas are bad enough). If anything, there's only the Song/Ceto who doesn't want the apocalypse to happen, and there's Echidna who is your basic beloved smother brought up to supernatural levels with a masters in nazi eugenics to make a new race out of humanity that will survive the apocalyse.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 4:12 pm

That even sounds interesting...!

I like the no crazy Greenpeace bit! They drive me nuts...
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 7:14 pm

Ah, so alternative werewolves.

Anyway, can we get a headcount of candidates for a diplomacy game?

If I'm counting correctly, if we get Sally and Kara to help us start we should have enough people. Unless Jad gave up for good and we have to replace him.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 11:49 pm

For reference, still willing to help out.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 3:31 am

Okay, that's 2/7 confirmed.

For reference, I'd like to create the game on Sunday and in addition to posting the link here in the thread I'll send out private massages to all participants.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 5:57 am

I am in, but not really available on Sunday afternoon. I have a train journey scheduled.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 8:10 am

Send the time at least a day early cuz my sleeping pattern is weird as fuck.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 9:26 am

Karavolos wrote:

That's what happens when you live in a place with no sun and just sno...oh wait you barely have snow anymore What a Face
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 9:30 am

Dude, not enough snow in sweden means 'I can see our neigbors chimney.'
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 9:47 am

I'm in
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 10:06 am

I can help. :3
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 11:47 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Karavolos wrote:

That's what happens when you live in a place with no sun and just sno...oh wait you barely have snow anymore What a Face

TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 5ae
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 12:29 pm

Karavolos wrote:
ThePhilosopher wrote:
Karavolos wrote:

*picture*

Now, now...

*cuddles and nuzzles with wet fluffy snout*
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 1:49 pm

I said I'd create the game on Sunday because I thought there was a set joining time of 2 days. But I just checked and it's possible to make the joining period up to 10 days, so I'm creating the game now.

Link to game: http://webdiplomacy.net/board.php?gameID=210214
Password: vitae
Phase length: 1 day
Draw scoring: sum of squares
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 6:39 am

Neutral countries are just ripe for taking?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 9:24 am

Of course. Unless you overexert your own forces doing so and someone exploits your weakness... Or someone objects forcefully to you taking them.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 9:32 am

Weee! We are finally online! Why have I gotten Russia...?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 10:09 am

OK, most of us is offline. When do we want to start?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TCI webDiplomacy   TCI webDiplomacy - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

TCI webDiplomacy
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Team Camarilla International Forum :: The TCI Community Dark Room-
Jump to: