Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Clan for other vampires?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

What Clan for other vampires? Empty
PostSubject: What Clan for other vampires?   What Clan for other vampires? EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 8:45 pm

I was discussing this with my daughter, explaining the way the WoD vampire world-setting differs from other vampire world-setting, and we were trying to assign other vampires to WoD Clans. They don't always plug in smoothly, but here's my take.

Barnabas Collins, Ventrue.
Blade, Brujah.
Miriam Blaylock, Toreador.
Count Dracula, I can go with Beckett's Tzimisce explanation.
The Master (from "Buffy"), Nosferatu (what does that say about rest of the "Bufffy" vampires, though).
Count Orlock, Nosferatu (that's a pretty easy one).
The vampires of Brian Lumley's Necroscope books, Tzimisce.
LeStat, I don't know, Toreador?
Selene, Brujah (maybe Gangrel, it's been a while since I saw an "Underworld" movie).

Edit: I forgot Rayne: Gangrel.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: What Clan for other vampires?   What Clan for other vampires? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 6:35 am

Selene is Toreador (Auspex, celerity, and because Underworld is a WoD based movie)

The thing is that anyone can be any clan, and assigning movies and books' vampires to a WoD clan is too stereotypical.

Dracula (Vlad Tepes) is a known Tzimisce in the WoD (well, the guy actually existed, therefore he has his WoD explanation.. like Baba Yaga and el Chupacabra).

For "recent" vampire figures (by that I mean recent enough not to be historical and therefore, being a source of inspiration for the WoD), we may have to ask for manga vampires (I mean, it's not like recent good european/american movies and series have been done lately, except maybe for true blood).
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: What Clan for other vampires?   What Clan for other vampires? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 8:57 am

The Guide To Pariahs was a nice little supplement that described Caitiff/Thinbloods that had naturally occuring disciplines based off what they believed was real for vampires, it gave examples of what disciplines aligned with the likes of Stoker, Rice and folklore references.

Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: What Clan for other vampires?   What Clan for other vampires? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:45 pm

Claudia wrote:
Selene is Toreador (Auspex, celerity, and because Underworld is a WoD based movie)
I can't argue with another's opinion on a totally fictional subject. albino Kind of like "Who's tougher, Batman or the the Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam?"

Quote :
For "recent" vampire figures (by that I mean recent enough not to be historical and therefore, being a source of inspiration for the WoD), we may have to ask for manga vampires (I mean, it's not like recent good european/american movies and series have been done lately, except maybe for true blood).
I haven't seen True Blood yet, but it's in my netflix queue. I have a hunch a lot of the "modern" vampires (e.g., Twilight) are all Toreador-like, you know, all hip and sexy.

Like me. scratch
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: What Clan for other vampires?   What Clan for other vampires? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:06 am

Twilight guys are totally Caitiff Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: What Clan for other vampires?   What Clan for other vampires? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 2:31 pm

Claudia wrote:
Twilight guys are totally Caitiff Very Happy
How would you pronounce "Caitiff?" I always say "kigh-TEEF" (rhymes with "high REEF"), but Tung says "KAY-tiff."

I also prefer the VtM: Redemption pronunciation of "Brujah" as "BRU-zha," since "BRU-hah" is the modern Spanish word for "witch." I doubt that back in the year 1100 vampires would have been using the modern Spanish word for "witch" as their Clan name.

But that's just me. clown
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: What Clan for other vampires?   What Clan for other vampires? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:24 am

Childe of Munster wrote:

I doubt that back in the year 1100 vampires would have been using the modern Spanish word for "witch" as their Clan name.

Actually yes, their name is because of the word Witch in spanish, and the pronounciation is the one of "bruja" (according to my old edition of VTM with the phonetic pronunciations inside..). Usually it's adapted to different languages ; in French, we read it like a french word, therefore it sounds with the french U -pronounced /y/- and the japanese J -ja, ne ?-. "Brouha" also works, more or less aspirated.. ^^

Tung as the right pronunciation for Caitiff too ^^

(you would not imagine how "Tremere" is supposed to be pronounced..)
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: What Clan for other vampires?   What Clan for other vampires? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:24 am

I played Redemption before Bloodlines as I had it lying around and didn't have a copy of the new game yet. Running around, Brujah this, Brujah that... then hop into bloodlines and Jack starts talking about Bru-ha... Maybe he thought the harder J pronounciation was too badass to be anywherer else than his own name Laughing

Then again I've met some voice actors who have never checked pronounciation of words, including one who would refuse any corrections as an infringement on his skill as an actor Suspect Has also happened in a couple of games, will have to look for some verbal blunders now, I know I've got a couple around here somewhere...
Back to top Go down
aqui
Ancillae
Ancillae
aqui

PostSubject: Re: What Clan for other vampires?   What Clan for other vampires? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 2:40 am

Childe of Munster wrote:
I haven't seen True Blood yet, but it's in my netflix queue. I have a hunch a lot of the "modern" vampires (e.g., Twilight) are all Toreador-like, you know, all hip and sexy.

Would make for a fine twist if some nozzie turned up and bit Bella, haha.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: What Clan for other vampires?   What Clan for other vampires? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 8:24 am

aqui wrote:
...Would make for a fine twist if some nozzie turned up and bit Bella, haha.

Send an email to gary@schrecknet.vtm
He likes doing fun stuff like that. Twisted Evil

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: What Clan for other vampires?   What Clan for other vampires? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:21 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Send an email to gary@schrecknet.vtm
He likes doing fun stuff like that. Twisted Evil

- geek

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Clan for other vampires?   What Clan for other vampires? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Clan for other vampires?
Page 1 of 1