Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So minor, so very minor

Go down 
+2
8people
Childe of Munster
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

So minor, so very minor Empty
PostSubject: So minor, so very minor   So minor, so very minor EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:17 am

I'm quite a sarcastic fellow, but not with this. It has always bothered me that the Luckee Star pool is empty. If I could, I'd tell Hatter to fill up that god damned pool. It's not that sleazy a place (in my opinion). And by "minor" I mean how big a deal it is in terms of game play. For all I know, you'd have to stand on your head and sing the Canadian national anthem backwards in French to get a work-around.

I would have titled the thread "Uber minor," but you're German, and probably weary of all things uber.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: So minor, so very minor   So minor, so very minor EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 4:50 am

As far as I'm aware (am about to go on a hunt for more tools, will return to cave shortly, perhaps with new nibbles and the secret to fire) editing areas 'physically' causes explosions, of both game and brain. Adding water to the pool could be an interesting attempt, but not sure if it's plausible.

Might be a way of making it more realistic to have the pool empty though, considering you can place inventory items then logically (again, shall search in a bit) you should be able to put placable objects. Like police barriers, or perhaps have a wandering janitor you have to keep occupied so when you have the plethora of masquerade breaking scenarios within the different rooms... there is someone who could see. Sure he'd become a tasty midnight snack, most likely before any escapades, but the option would be there.

There are a few bits that involve moving water, so it should have some sort of option, will have to look into this further. Hopefully game breakage will be minimised, but I know what I'm like once I get my hands on a juicy file. bounce
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: So minor, so very minor   So minor, so very minor EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:08 am

I don't think our characters can swim ^^ I don't even think "swimming" has been coded somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: So minor, so very minor   So minor, so very minor EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:59 am

Childe of Munster wrote:
I'm quite a sarcastic fellow, but not with this. It has always bothered me that the Luckee Star pool is empty. If I could, I'd tell Hatter to fill up that god damned pool. It's not that sleazy a place (in my opinion). And by "minor" I mean how big a deal it is in terms of game play. For all I know, you'd have to stand on your head and sing the Canadian national anthem backwards in French to get a work-around.
Yes, and it must be the Queen doing the singing. Laughing

But honestly, I have no idea, what it takes to fill up the pool. (And don't tell me of garden hoses now Evil or Very Mad )

Quote :
I would have titled the thread "Uber minor," but you're German, and probably weary of all things uber.
What do I care about Uber...? The Groefaz is gone for good for 65 years now.

What really pisses me off right now is this bloody Denglisch: Everybody tries to be "cool" and "american". And then you get thinga like cell phones called a "Handy", and people running around not knowing the differnce between a date and an appointment.
Advertising is the worst of it all. And in business everyone thinks they need an english (sounding) title.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: So minor, so very minor   So minor, so very minor EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:59 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:

What really pisses me off right now is this bloody Denglisch: Everybody tries to be "cool" and "american". And then you get thinga like cell phones called a "Handy", and people running around not knowing the differnce between a date and an appointment.
Advertising is the worst of it all. And in business everyone thinks they need an english (sounding) title.

- geek

Signed.
Even I'm already getting tired of it, and I'm still in school. Nothing bad about anglicisms, but you'd think that at some point people would stop and use the german equivalent instead. It's either English or German. Not both. Rolling Eyes

And to the actual topic of the threat:
What about the pool at Andrei's mansion? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: So minor, so very minor   So minor, so very minor EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:20 am

Eliza wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

What really pisses me off right now is this bloody Denglisch: ...
- geek

Signed.
Even I'm already getting tired of it, and I'm still in school. Nothing bad about anglicisms, but you'd think that at some point people would stop and use the german equivalent instead. It's either English or German. Not both. Rolling Eyes
Exactly my point of view. If there is no good german word, mostly because it's a new technical developement, it's o.k. But somewhere you have to draw the line.

Quote :
And to the actual topic of the threat:
What about the pool at Andrei's mansion? Laughing
That must be empty, or his headrunners would drown all the time. That's how I get rid of most of them in the very first part of the warrens. Shoot at them and watch them run over to me and fall in the water bounce

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: So minor, so very minor   So minor, so very minor EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 2:47 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
[The pool at Andrei's mansion] must be empty, or his headrunners would drown all the time. That's how I get rid of most of them in the very first part of the warrens. Shoot at them and watch them run over to me and fall in the water bounce

- geek
I doubt Andrei cares about his pool. Unless he filled it with blood. A nice touch, but it would annoy the neighbors.

Oh, those headrunners. I like to slice them up (all those Tzimisce creations, in fact). I'll jump in the water to get them. They're disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: So minor, so very minor   So minor, so very minor EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:43 pm

Ya, swimming is coded, you have to swim in the Warrens missions and pool inside the Giovanni Mansion has water, so thats a possibility too. Now actually filling to pool, I dunno if it's possible, but maybe some tires, old bicycles and other garbage could fill the pool instead? lol

Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: So minor, so very minor   So minor, so very minor EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:55 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Ya, swimming is coded, you have to swim in the Warrens missions and pool inside the Giovanni Mansion has water, so thats a possibility too. Now actually filling to pool, I dunno if it's possible, but maybe some tires, old bicycles and other garbage could fill the pool instead? lol

Disgusting.

albino
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: So minor, so very minor   So minor, so very minor EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:15 am

Right !! My bad I forgot swimming was possible in the warrens and stuff ^^'
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: So minor, so very minor   So minor, so very minor EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:57 am

There's also a part where you watch water fill/empty from a place.

So in theory there should be code or directions for assigning water placement.

Will have a look, am currently making batch files as placeholders for Vanilla files, CE Files and leaving gaps for TFN files so my poor hard drive doesn't cry when I want three variations of the game installed at any one time. Poor thing is nearly full as it is.

If it works well do Zer0 and Childe want copies? Could be put together into a non-destructive install then.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: So minor, so very minor   So minor, so very minor EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:02 am

Sounds good Laughing

Do I want copies? Do piranhas have teeth?

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: So minor, so very minor   So minor, so very minor EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:22 pm

Hell YES!

If you can build an installer that includes both CE and TFN and lets you choose which you want to install, or both if you have 2 seperate copies of Bloodlines, I would be all for that!
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So minor, so very minor   So minor, so very minor Empty

Back to top Go down

So minor, so very minor
Page 1 of 1