Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Elevator button

Go down 
+3
Childe of Munster
Zer0Morph
Mr_Flax
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr_Flax
Neonate
Neonate
Mr_Flax

Elevator button Empty
PostSubject: Elevator button   Elevator button EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:22 pm

Hi,

First up, let me just say that I absolutely love the Mod. I played the pen & paper Vampire RPG from 1st Edition through to Gehenna and after a long time away from it bought VTM:B and really enjoyed it. However, having now downloaded Camerilla Edition, I realise how far from the feel of the original the basic game was. Kudos, guys.

Anyway, I'm currently on a Toreador playthrough and, having reached downtown, I find myself unable to use the elevator in Skyeline Apts. The call-button just doesn't exist. If I get close enough to the doors I can get a 1st-floor button pop-up, which I obviously can't activate, but no way to open the door.

I've tried activating the console, but whilst it does appear on the intro screen after starting the game, I can't get it to come up in-game: pressing ~ just arms my shotgun. It is, however, entirely possible that I'm doing something wrong vis-a-vis the console; I am not a computer-genius. In fact, quite the opposite.

Anyway, great game guys. I hope someone can help me.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Elevator button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elevator button   Elevator button EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:37 pm

Welcome to the CE boards, Flax. We're glad you're here!

The Skyline elevator buttons have been a long since issue dating back to vanilla Bloodlines. We (including Troika) still don't know why they get stuck, disappear, or do whatever craziness they do. However if you have the console showing up at the beginning of start up then you have activated the console properly.

For you reloading your shotgun when pressing the "~" key in game, you will want to unassign the ~ key in the keyboard options menu. Leave it blank and you should be good to go. When opening the console in game in front of the Skyline apartments, type "noclip" without the "" and you will be able to walk through walls. Jump inside the elevator and type "noclip" again to turn it off, you should be able to operate it normally again.

Have fun! flower
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

Elevator button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elevator button   Elevator button EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:51 am

I find that quitting the game entirely and re-launching fixes that (at least every time I can recall it happening). I have also experienced when the haven computer is not usable, which I've also fixed by quitting and restarting.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Elevator button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elevator button   Elevator button EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:49 am

Haven't had a trouble with computers yet, that I've noticed. Some of the buttons can be a nightmare, however.

Sometimes a quick save/quick load is enough to refresh the area and buttons so they're usable, more usual, like Childe of Munster says is having to save, close the game fully and relaunch it. If that doesn't work then the console with the 'noclip' command to walk through walls is the only in game solution left.

Never used the console opening key as a bound key though, seems like an odd place for it, then again I usually stick with defaults in most games bounce

When you open the console in game - DO NOT CLOSE IT WITH THE X - close it with the same button you pressed to open it, the button toggles the window being on and off while clicking the X on that window just makes it vanish.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Flax
Neonate
Neonate
Mr_Flax

Elevator button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elevator button   Elevator button EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:41 am

Thanks for all the speedy replies, chaps.

I tried quick save/quick load and several full saves followed by relaunch and nothing seems to make that blasted button reappear.

However, I did manage to solve the console problem. It turns out that on my keyboard it's not activated by the ~ key, but rather by the ` key. Possibly a UK-specific difference, or possibly just my sub-standard keyboard. We'll never know.

Anyway, the noclip thing worked like a charm and I managed to get to the floor I needed, though as an aside that call button on the ground floor still isn't working.

So, thanks again. Not only have you given me a game that will basically destroy my social life again (no great loss), you've also given me the means to go zooming round the maps "Lost Boys" style whenever the angsty horror gets too much. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Elevator button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elevator button   Elevator button EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:00 am

Mr_Flax wrote:
So, thanks again. Not only have you given me a game that will basically destroy my social life again (no great loss), you've also given me the means to go zooming round the maps "Lost Boys" style whenever the angsty horror gets too much. Smile

HAHAHAHA, Best comment ever!! Dude that puts a huge smile on my face... we're destroying social lives one at a time.. lol cheers
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Elevator button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elevator button   Elevator button EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:07 am

The key is usually specified as the one next to the '1' key of top row numbers to help between US and UK keyboards, I'm in the UK myself and there's nothing half as fun as attempting to use a keyboard in a game where the GAME ITSELF translates the keystrokes into equivalent characters and you need specific characters to enable the console and/or codes. scratch
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Elevator button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elevator button   Elevator button EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:55 am

If I get in trouble with this elevator, I usually don't mess with reloading or the console. I just use the "Nossie highway". And that resets all troubles in one go.
Before you ask what the Nossie highway is: Go into the security room in the cellar, and use the airducts to get to a level you already visited. Best is 1 or 2. There you exit the vents and the apartment, and call the elevator.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Mr_Flax
Neonate
Neonate
Mr_Flax

Elevator button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elevator button   Elevator button EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:07 pm

Thanks for all your help, guys. I am now sitting at work with nothing but this game on my mind. I had forgotten how much I used to love WoD.

Doubtless tonight I will once again find myself sitting at my computer at home until 3am, agonising over every choice my tortured Toreador artist makes (I tend to play the game from a very RP-heavy perspective)
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Elevator button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elevator button   Elevator button EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:16 pm

Mr_Flax wrote:
Thanks for all your help, guys. I am now sitting at work with nothing but this game on my mind. I had forgotten how much I used to love WoD.

Doubtless tonight I will once again find myself sitting at my computer at home until 3am, agonising over every choice my tortured Toreador artist makes (I tend to play the game from a very RP-heavy perspective)

This guy understands exactly what the WoD is ALL about and this is the type of player we're building CE and TFN for! afro
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Elevator button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elevator button   Elevator button EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:20 pm

We should have a VtM RP sometime bounce

Haven't had a chance to play pnp in over a year!
Back to top Go down
Mr_Flax
Neonate
Neonate
Mr_Flax

Elevator button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elevator button   Elevator button EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:40 pm

Thanks Mr Morph (or can I call you Zero? Too informal?)

@8people: Funny you should say that; I was just thinking today that I miss the old VtM tabletop gaming I used to do many years back. I play D&D with a group every couple of months now, but it isn't quite the same, and I don't think they'd be very interested in Vampire as they're all a bit hack-n-slashy, whereas I always like the story and the characters as much as the violence. Although the violence was pretty cool. Twisted Evil

That's one reason I really enjoy bloodlines, actually. I even like to come up with little backstories in my head for my characters, so that when I come to various choices in the game I have a personality to base decisions on, rather than just going for the most xp. I realise this may make me a bit of a geek, but I'm learning to live with it.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Elevator button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elevator button   Elevator button EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:20 pm

You're not alone, I do that with all the games I play... well perhaps not Solitaire Laughing
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Elevator button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elevator button   Elevator button EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:29 pm

Mr_Flax wrote:

At least your Toreador has celerity. So when you finally have come to a decision, you can act fast Laughing

- geek
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Elevator button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elevator button   Elevator button EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 12:14 am

I've found that when the elevator opens on the ground floor, I'm in a hurry to get outside, so I rush to the door and press 'E' to open it.

However, if you just exit the elevator and stand there, you'll see that the call button icon doesn't appear until the elevator door is closed. Apparently, if you rush outside just as the doors close but before the call button icon appears, it causes a glitch and you can't open the elevator from the ground floor, even after you come back in. It's like the game forgets that the call button is there.

Easiest solution for me was to just wait until the elevator doors close, and the call button icon appears, before I open the exit doors. After that, i never had that particular glitch again.
Back to top Go down
MoreGun89
Fledgling
Fledgling
MoreGun89

Elevator button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elevator button   Elevator button EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:44 pm

It may not be in the Skyline Apts, but I did find another wonky elevator button, before the mod it never did this. I was playing through as a Nosferatu and when I tried to get to Wong Ho in the Red Dragon in Chinatown, the button behind the Waitress's podium wouldn't work. I tried resetting, quitting and restarting, even rebooting the computer a few time and it still wouldn't work. I ended up using the noclip cheat to reach Wong Ho. The funny thing is the elevator button to go down worked perfectly.

Second the pull toy from the Poster Session quest was not in the back near the wall in the Red Spot, there was a knife, bottles, and nothing else. It may have been moved, but I truly can't find it Crying or Very sad

Third in the Bertram Needs You quest where you delete the data on the Cathayan's computer, the words and grammar got a bit, erm, well let's just say someone probably didn't get much sleep, but this is a negligible mistake.

To top off the post though, this mod is amazing and completely changed the game! A breath of fun and fresh air. Thank you for making it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Elevator button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elevator button   Elevator button EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 7:22 am

Hi,

I'm not sure what to tell you about the elevator button. If I remember right, the only thing I did with the Red Dragon map was installing the blood timer.

You can find the pull toy where the library card used to be.

And for the grammar, a german trying to write an english text is more likely affraid

- geek
Back to top Go down
MoreGun89
Fledgling
Fledgling
MoreGun89

Elevator button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elevator button   Elevator button EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 11:39 am

It's all good Malkav Smile I do have one more stupid question though, you say the pull toy is where the library card used to be. Unfortunately I never really invested too regularly in perception, I know I get the library card from Heather now, but I don't know the original location.

And thank you for responding, I was looking through some older threads and found all the issues I was having but no real fixes as of yet Razz

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Elevator button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elevator button   Elevator button EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 5:30 am

The backstage room in the Empire hotel.
Back to top Go down
MoreGun89
Fledgling
Fledgling
MoreGun89

Elevator button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elevator button   Elevator button EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 6:30 pm

/facepalm, soooo that's why that concert in the hotel is relevant, had the game for years and couldn't figure it out. We'll just call me a Jenius and future guru on knowing where it is. Thanks again Malkav! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Elevator button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elevator button   Elevator button Empty

Back to top Go down

Elevator button
Page 1 of 1